PDA

View Full Version : Denny Eskin glove authenticator

earlywynnfan
06-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Can someone please tell me how to reach Denny Eskin? I would like to ask him some glove questions. Does he have an email or a website?

Thanks,
Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

3arod13
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Can someone please tell me how to reach Denny Eskin? I would like to ask him some glove questions. Does he have an email or a website?

Thanks,
Ken

Ken,

Denny is a very private person and does not get involved with glove authentication. He may possibly show up from time to time when serious issues in reference to problems with a glove (as the recent arod gloves) to possibly clear things up, but he still does in privately. Maybe if you post your questions on GUU, he may read them and contact you. Can't say for sure.

Tony

earlywynnfan
06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Thank you; I certainly don't want to intrude on anyone's privacy.

I was just wondering if there is any reason this mitt would NOT be consistent with a MLB playing career dating 1910-1930. Can anyone help? (The writing says "A Goldsmith Product.")

Thanks,
Ken

beantown
06-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Ken,

Denny is a very private person and does not get involved with glove authentication. He may possibly show up from time to time when serious issues in reference to problems with a glove (as the recent arod gloves) to possibly clear things up, but he still does in privately. Maybe if you post your questions on GUU, he may read them and contact you. Can't say for sure.

Tony

American Memorabilia has the following posted on their website...

100% Authentic/Denny Esken

Denny Esken is exclusively used to authenticate our Steelers and Pirates memorabilia and all game-worn gloves. He has consulted independently for the major glove manufacturers. He has been featured on ESPN "Outside the Line" and has been recognized as the foremost expert for game-used gloves. Denny Esken has resided in Pittsburgh his whole life, and has studied the Steelers and Pirates equipment, consulting independently for the equipment managers

How can he not be involved in glove authentications, when the claim is made above as the "foremost expert for game-used gloves"? American Memorabilia uses him for just that! Moreover, how can someone offer their "expert opinion" and not be accessible? If you are going to put your name to an authentication, you SHOULD be available to discuss the item that was authenticated and substantiate your claims why something is either good or bad....does anyone disagree with me?

CollectGU
06-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Just to clarify, He is available to speak to anyone who has purchased a glove or any other equipment with his paperwork. He is not however available to anyone who has a question about a glove they own or are thinking about buying one and want an opinion....

Regards,
Dave

RyanZimmerman11
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Just to clarify, He is available to speak to anyone who has purchased a glove or any other equipment with his paperwork. He is not however available to anyone who has a question about a glove they own or are thinking about buying one and want an opinion....

Regards,
Dave

Wow. Some of you take this stuff WAY too damn serious. :rolleyes:

3arod13
06-20-2007, 04:20 AM

You have to take this stuff serious. I recently bought what I thought was a game used auto'd arod glove. With the knowledge and aggressiveness of this forum, I was able to find out that the glove was actually a 1999 Upperdeck glove made to have arod sign and for sale to the public. Someone worked the glove up to look game used and sold it as game used. Luckily, thanks to this forum, I was able to recover my money.

I will agree that there are some people who are a little too aggressive and sometimes come off the wrong way. Overall, with the fakes in today's hobby, you have to be very cautious and take this stuff serious.

CollectGU
06-20-2007, 05:46 AM

Was this directed at me? I simply helped to clarify some confusion in the thread?

Regards,
Dave

3arod13
06-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Was this directed at me? I simply helped to clarify some confusion in the thread?

Regards,
Dave

Dave, not at all. I was just explaining to him why we all take this stuff serious, and that sometimes some responses or comments are somwhat harsher than others. There wasn't anything wrong with what you said.

As always, that's what's bad about email and forums like this. Difficult to tell tone and understanding of responses.

Tony

3arod13
06-20-2007, 06:12 AM

Regards,
Dave

Sorry Dave, I responded and then realize you were directing this at someone else.

Tony

cjclong
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Does Denny Eskin do glove authentications for private individuals? I have a couple of gloves I might like for him to look at and wondered if there was a way to get in touch with him?

cjclong
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
I saw another member of this forum was trying to contact Denny Eskin for information on a baseball fielding glove. Since Eskin seems to be impossible for most of us to get hold of I wondered if there are any other people that those of us who want information about gloves, particularly those being used by today's players could contact ? Just like bats, I'm sure some palyers have indvidual use traits for their gloves.