PDA

View Full Version : GFC Who got what?

legaleagle92481
04-15-2010, 10:12 AM
What did everyone get from last night's GFC auction? What did everyone think of the prices? I got the Brandon Marshall which I found to be very reasonable probably only because with the trade Broncos collectors no longer want his stuff as much as they did when he was on the team and the Fins fans are waiting for Fins jerseys. I tried to bid on the Colston but could not because I waited until after 9 to try which sucks because that went for a really cheap price, which shocked me since they just won the Super Bowl. Most of the other prices realized were very strong though I noticed, especially Berra and Montana.

Dewey2007
04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I couldn't bid on any items last night but I was very surprised to see that Dennis Johnson's Sonics NBA championship ring went for more then his '86 Celtics championship ring. Also very surprised to see how much Kevin Johnson's Phoenix Suns jersey went for ($4,393).

legaleagle92481
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
I couldn't bid on any items last night but I was very surprised to see that Dennis Johnson's Sonics NBA championship ring went for more then his '86 Celtics championship ring. Also very surprised to see how much Kevin Johnson's Phoenix Suns jersey went for ($4,393).

Here is my theory on DJ rings. 1. DJ was MVP of the Finals with the Sonics. 2. The Sonics won one title and never can win one again since they no longer exist. The Celts won many titles. So there are more Celts rings that have or can hit the market then Sonics rings.

Mattapan03
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Here is my theory on DJ rings. 1. DJ was MVP of the Finals with the Sonics. 2. The Sonics won one title and never can win one again since they no longer exist. The Celts won many titles. So there are more Celts rings that have or can hit the market then Sonics rings.

Excellent points. I have to agree

hrvatwill
04-15-2010, 10:58 AM
I was high bidder on the 1944 Muddy Ruel White Sox uniform and was surprised that it did not go for higher. I also picked up the shared Nyman/Ortiz flannel gamer, which I found to be cheap vis-a-vis my maximum bid. Lost out though on the Powell Yankees hat from the late 1930's, really wanted that since it shared the same dugout with Gehrig and Dimaggio.

rmichne
04-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I picked up the David Ortiz, Alex Gonzalez and Jason Bay Red Sox home jerseys as well as the K-Rod Black jersey and the Josh Beckett dugout jacket (which conveniently is my size if times become tough). I also picked up a few other misc. lots.

Ron Michne Jr
rmichne@yahoo.com

Dewey2007
04-15-2010, 11:34 AM

Good points but considering that '86 Celtics team is arguably the greatest team of all-time and the Celtics have a much bigger fan base then the former Sonics I still find it a little surprising.

Hopefully the person who won the Sonics ring also won the '79 NBA finals MVP trophy so they can remain together.

gorilla777
04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I picked up the GU bats for Barry Larkin and Eddie Murray-happy with the additions.

Thanks, Ben

panthrotc
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
The McGwire 92 GU Helmet w/Oakland A's COA came home with me.

When was the last time you saw GU McGwire Helmet with GREAT documentation for sale?

Thats what I thought.

Next , i will take it with me to Philly next month when the Cards come in and try to get him to sign it.

worldchamps
04-15-2010, 12:28 PM
My thoughts

I was real tempted on bidding on the David Ortiz jersey, glad i didnt drive up the price on you...congrats that was a really good deal.

I bid on some hoops items, but didnt win, thought the Kobe shoes went for a good deal.

The KJ jersey went for a ton. The Shaq all star jersey was pretty cheap when i went to bed, but ended up at 10K.

Thought the Lebron Upperdeck shoes went for a good deal, more than i would pay, but they are UD.

Thought the Shaq LA jersey went real cheap and the rookie gamer went for 10K.

AWA85
04-15-2010, 12:37 PM
I picked up the GU bats for Barry Larkin and Eddie Murray-happy with the additions.

Thanks, Ben

Ben, you picked up that Larkin bat?!?!? Many I put in those final bids to get to where it was the day before and could not believe somebody else wanted a Larkin that bad also. After a month of waiting for that bat, I let go last night.

Did end up with a consolation price of the Barry Larkin road jersey.

schubert1970
04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I ended up with the Eric Show jersey. Probably paid too much, but wanted it really really bad.

jgoldstein2000
04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Bobby Doerr jersey. Someone bid me up substantially at the end and I wonder if they are on here...

Mulligans
04-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Everyone is on Here!

I got outbid at 7:00 this morning? Whats up with that? I hit the shower at 6AM with my prize possession and it was gone by breakfast!

Sonny25
04-15-2010, 01:15 PM
I went to bed at around midnight (I was exhausted) winning a bunch of items.

Woke up to find out I lost out on all of them except for the LeBron game used high school shoe.

This is the first Grey Flannel auction in a long time that I didn't really find a least one MUST HAVE item (In a reasonable price range), still many great pieces.

I do however hate the morning after though when you see something you wish you had went after.
Mainly for me the Bernard King jersey & a few others.

I can't believe how much the Chris Webber went for & how much the Jeff Lebo/UNC jersey went for.

karamaxjoe
04-15-2010, 01:16 PM
I was high bidder on the 1944 Muddy Ruel White Sox uniform and was surprised that it did not go for higher. I also picked up the shared Nyman/Ortiz flannel gamer, which I found to be cheap vis-a-vis my maximum bid. Lost out though on the Powell Yankees hat from the late 1930's, really wanted that since it shared the same dugout with Gehrig and Dimaggio.

As of about 5 years ago that Muddy Ruel uniform had the Stars and Stipes patch on the sleeve. Someone bought it, removed the patch and put it back in an aution. That stuff drives me nuts!

I blew the budget on the Schalk 44 Sox jersey since that style is impossible to find.

Jayworld
04-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I won the 1980 San Diego Padres John D'Acquisto jersey. I was the only bidder. Was pleased as to the condition, as I never seem to find the white home ones from this era in non-altered type condition, and it fit within my budget. Interestingly enough, it was my first experience bidding on an auction house site. I was impressed with the GF customer service when I registered.

Interesting on the Show going for so much. On a side note, I sent Eric Show a 1984 Topps card in the mail that he signed for me back in the late 1980s. He signed it to me, along with "In Jesus Name" and a Bible verse. Shame about him passing so young from drugs.

cjclong
04-15-2010, 01:51 PM
I got the Mariano Rivera autographed home plate. My wife and I went to the 2 last games at Yankee Stadium and saw Rivera pitch and pick up the win. I would have liked to have gotten something from the very last game, but the things I would have liked were too expensive so the home plate from the next to last game was the next best I could get. And a little piece of history.

mmonte4
04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
The price for the NBA stuff were just crazy, EXPECT for the MJ items. That 92 jersey should be around 8-10k and it went for much less. And the rookie gamer went for only 15k (i doubt the authenticity on that one though, and i think bidders felt the same).

I bid on the Kobe short shorts around 1am cst and my max bid ended up being outbid by one unit. It happens to me EVERY gfc auction - someone goes one increment higher!

I feel bad for whoever bought the 93 Shaq AS jersey because its 100% NOT game worn. I've got the game on tape and still shots of shaq at the free throw line - the nba logo near the collar is way off. Oh well, if buyer didn't do his research then too bad.

legaleagle92481
04-15-2010, 02:29 PM
I was stunned how people overpaid on several lots. By overpayed I do not mean that "it is not worth that" like people like to argue back and forth about on here I mean in relation to the same items that are currently or were recently available from the consigning company. The Steiner Romo jersey sold for more than those available on Steiner's site currently are going for. I checked the game log and he did not even throw a TD that game so I am unsure why one would pay a premium. The Peterson GI jersey went for $700 more than the one JO is currently offering on its site for. The Sanchez GI jersey went for almost three grand JO had one on their site that did not sell for several weeks for a grand. Also how did the auction run all night? You could only bid on lots you had bid on before after 9pm est, were people really up all night entering new bids? Why not just enter your max and go to bed?

schubert1970
04-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Interesting on the Show going for so much. On a side note, I sent Eric Show a 1984 Topps card in the mail that he signed for me back in the late 1980s. He signed it to me, along with "In Jesus Name" and a Bible verse. Shame about him passing so young from drugs.

It was more than I wanted to pay, I was thinking maybe Steve Mears was bidding on this. Just glad it didn't go much higher.

Metsfan808
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't know what GF was doing. I was the high bidder on a lot at 9pm and at 9:30pm I was still the high bidder and the auction was in extended bidding, then at 9:45 I got outbid. I thought that if the no one bid on the auction for 10 minutes after 9pm the auction is over??

Sonny25
04-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't know what GF was doing. I was the high bidder on a lot at 9pm and at 9:30pm I was still the high bidder and the auction was in extended bidding, then at 9:45 I got outbid. I thought that if the no one bid on the auction for 10 minutes after 9pm the auction is over??

10 minutes for the ENTIRE auction.

Sonny25
04-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Also how did the auction run all night? You could only bid on lots you had bid on before after 9pm est, were people really up all night entering new bids? Why not just enter your max and go to bed?

I made that mistake when I first got into this hobby a few years back. lol

There was something I wanted desperately & stayed up until 6am doing nothing but refreshing the page to see if anybody had outbid me & watching Terminator 1,2 & 3. lol
I went to bed at around 6am feeling that there was no way anybody who originally bid on the item would outbid me now.
Woke up a few hours left to see that I had lost the item. lol

hrvatwill
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
As of about 5 years ago that Muddy Ruel uniform had the Stars and Stipes patch on the sleeve. Someone bought it, removed the patch and put it back in an aution. That stuff drives me nuts!

I blew the budget on the Schalk 44 Sox jersey since that style is impossible to find.

That is unfortunate, wonder where it ended up?....I guess that made it affordable for me, though.....LOVE the Schalk jersey, btw......saw it when it hit ebay a few months ago.....

gorilla777
04-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Ben, you picked up that Larkin bat?!?!? Many I put in those final bids to get to where it was the day before and could not believe somebody else wanted a Larkin that bad also. After a month of waiting for that bat, I let go last night.

Did end up with a consolation price of the Barry Larkin road jersey.

I do hate taking out another forum member, but that one was my main target. Just an unusual bat offering for him, IMO.

Glad to hear you snagged the jersey though!

karamaxjoe
04-15-2010, 03:55 PM
That is unfortunate, wonder where it ended up?....I guess that made it affordable for me, though.....LOVE the Schalk jersey, btw......saw it when it hit ebay a few months ago.....

I was the underbidder to GF in that ebay auction so I knew it would be popping up again.

dirtyla2000
04-15-2010, 05:27 PM
picked up the Andre Dawson 82 jersey with allstar patch! overall there auction was rock solid,lots of great stuff!

metsbats
04-15-2010, 05:29 PM
I won the Mets bat lot: Alfonzo bat and wrist bands, Knight worth bat (Oriole bat), Piazza Rawlings Acis bat (a Dodger bat), and a Kevin McReynolds Rawlings 1988 NLCS bat.

drexler22
04-15-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm wondering how you guys pay for thse stuff? i just got my invoice and it say's due date is the 16th of April?

michael47
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I won the David Ortiz batting helmet. I was able to photo match it to the last two months of the season.

Sonny25
04-15-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm wondering how you guys pay for thse stuff? i just got my invoice and it say's due date is the 16th of April?

lol I noticed that too on my invoice.

skyking26
04-15-2010, 06:37 PM
picked up the Andre Dawson 82 jersey with allstar patch! overall there auction was rock solid,lots of great stuff!
How much was the Dawson?

Dewey2007
04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
How much was the Dawson?

$3,356 with buyers premium.

dirtyla2000, Sweet Dawson jersey! Did you get the Gold Glove too?

Metsfan808
04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I won the Mets bat lot: Alfonzo bat and wrist bands, Knight worth bat (Oriole bat), Piazza Rawlings Acis bat (a Dodger bat), and a Kevin McReynolds Rawlings 1988 NLCS bat.

If ou are looking to unload the Alfonzo bat please contact me.

Mulligans
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I thought that it was a great Auction, but does it normally last so long? 7AM Bids?

I sold 2 items and got pretty good $ so all of my purchases ended up free!

I bought some football Jerseys, but lost to all you guys on the baseball stuff! I cannot believe where the Basketball prices were going considering almost nothing had COA's. Here are my Football purchases:

Dan Marino
Dante Culpepper
Marquis Colston
Brandon Merriweather
JP Losman
Correy Dillon

For the most part I only tried to get Jersey's with some sort of paperwork. I was surprised at the number of 2008-9 jerseys with no Authentication whatsoever. I just worry when I see them because NFL auctions sold an awful lot of game issued/Authentic Jerseys this year and I'm a bit concerned that they will make it back out onto the street!

nickacs
04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
The price for the NBA stuff were just crazy, EXPECT for the MJ items. That 92 jersey should be around 8-10k and it went for much less. And the rookie gamer went for only 15k (i doubt the authenticity on that one though, and i think bidders felt the same).

I bid on the Kobe short shorts around 1am cst and my max bid ended up being outbid by one unit. It happens to me EVERY gfc auction - someone goes one increment higher!

I feel bad for whoever bought the 93 Shaq AS jersey because its 100% NOT game worn. I've got the game on tape and still shots of shaq at the free throw line - the nba logo near the collar is way off. Oh well, if buyer didn't do his research then too bad.

Hey there bro :) Yea, we both researched the '93 Shaq AS jersey extensively when the exact same jersey was a Heritage Auction last year. Feel terrible for the person who paid over $10k for it :(

Weird, lots of NBA and NFL items were high for things that I didn't expect and vice versa.

tom1315
04-15-2010, 08:52 PM
First time I have bought from GF. Bid on a couple of NFL footballs and ended up winning the two - 11/29/2009 Carolina Panthers vs NY Jets and the 11/01/2009 Denver Broncos vs Baltimore Ravens - balls per description come with NY Jets and Denver Broncos + JO Sports Co documentation. I collect primarily ACC and SEC football helmets and have now quite a few college and NFL game used balls. Very pleased to pick these up and at what I thought were very good prices. The other pair of balls in the auction went at a very reasonable price - kinda kicking myself for not bidding on those too yet I bid and won the set I wanted.

As an aside - I am a NC STATE 1981 grad - I have been searching for a current block S helmet for sometime from my alma mater - so I wrote coach Tom O'Brien and he had one of his staff reply to me. Long story short he had the head equipment manager for the Wolfpack call me and I went by this past Wednesday morning and met the head guy, several of his colleagues and got to go inside the Murphy Center at our Carter Finley Stadium and get a 2008 gamer, learn who the player is that wore the helmet; saw the awesome collection they have from trading with other equipment managers and the very nice set of pro lids - like a Chargers helmet signed from Philip Rivers, one from the jets from Jerricho Cotchery and one from the Dolphins (I believe from a trade) - guys it was so cool and they took all the time in the world to talk helmets and we walked through the lockers and pulled down a couple of current helmets and looked at the various new designs. One manager had traded for an older Virginia Tech helmet and was ordering some new clips for the orginal ones had deterioated with age. Also one fact I gleaned was many of the trades between team managers seem to occur at bowl games - maybe was just based on the particular helmet we were discussing. Was a great experience and I made some new friends! I know there are more people that collect jerseys than helmets yet the 2008 lid I received seems to have been worn in three seasons by the same player 06, 07 and 08!

I have four seats at Carter Finley and have donated a fair sum over the years and was nervous to approach our coach - yet he could not have been nicer and really made my week!

Go Pack! Tom

matt
04-15-2010, 09:19 PM
I got the Youkilis and Ellsbury helmets. I am sure some of my colleagues here were in the hunt there too. Yes, this was not a great price.... I matched them both back a few months through the playoffs and I think they will be very well used.

I started chasing the Rice jersey, but had a hard time matching it so did not keep up. It was not cheap.

I spent an hour on the 2008 NBA finals ball (celts fan) but the ones in the games had special marks. So bailed on that one.

The Kendrick Perkins Jersey could be legit (though no meigrei tags) but it went for close to $1000 with the BP.

I noticed A Bonds (Pirate-era) bat just like mine went for over $1000 with the BP. I think that marks a bit of a comeback in Bonds pricing since he has retired and thee is not a flood of items from him. They were once over $3000 and then under $700 last year.

Final note - great time to pick up Ortiz stuff at low prices...correlated to his batting average for 2010... Varitek helmet went very cheap too. Sad

Matt

legaleagle92481
04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
I thought that it was a great Auction, but does it normally last so long? 7AM Bids?

I sold 2 items and got pretty good $ so all of my purchases ended up free!

I bought some football Jerseys, but lost to all you guys on the baseball stuff! I cannot believe where the Basketball prices were going considering almost nothing had COA's. Here are my Football purchases:

Dan Marino
Dante Culpepper
Marquis Colston
Brandon Merriweather
JP Losman
Correy Dillon

For the most part I only tried to get Jersey's with some sort of paperwork. I was surprised at the number of 2008-9 jerseys with no Authentication whatsoever. I just worry when I see them because NFL auctions sold an awful lot of game issued/Authentic Jerseys this year and I'm a bit concerned that they will make it back out onto the street!

you got a steal on the colston he had two tds in that game and it went for like a 1/3rd of what the one in the guu auction went for in the fall before the super bowl run.

shafrancollectibles.com
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
Final note - great time to pick up Ortiz stuff at low prices...correlated to his batting average for 2010... Varitek helmet went very cheap too. Sad

Was surprised to see Ortiz selling so low. Was the one and only bidder on a GU hat and was thrilled to get it at a fair price.

solarlottry
04-16-2010, 01:49 AM
I bid on the GU super bowl ball signed by Young but was outbid. I remember when those were being sold by Man Of Steel for 1500$ so with buyers premium that is a decent price. How the Sanders, Rice, Lott (with no wear!) and Montana (without photomatch or provenance) went for so much is shocking. If anyone has a good match for either the Rice, Sanders or Montana please let us all know. I tried to match the Sanders and found that the last S on the nameplate was not quite in line with the other letters which was why i didnt bid.

I would have liked to win the Marques Douglas Jets shirt and the Scott Fujita Saints shirts but missed the 9pm deadline. Those went for a good price. i just like Fujita and Douglas was an ex 49er.

The AMI Steve Young is a little rich for my blood especially since i just got a 1993 season playoff shirt with team letter. With Tax Time here got pay the MAN first-BUMMERS.

dirtyla2000
04-16-2010, 04:54 AM
How much was the Dawson?
3000.00 plus the juice!

dirtyla2000
04-16-2010, 04:57 AM
$3,356 with buyers premium.

dirtyla2000, Sweet Dawson jersey! Did you get the Gold Glove too?
no.I have his 1980 gold glove!

Mulligans
04-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Yea Leagle....I was waiting for the big run on the Colston, but it never came. I'm pretty sure my last bid was few days before closing and was very excited with the price, because it was easy to match and came with all kinds of backup.

Mulligans
04-16-2010, 06:00 AM
I never followed the Steve Young to the end on AMI, but researched it all week and was ready to go after it. I had no issues whatsoever about the style, but did take note that someone supposedly already had this Jersey.

I spoke with AMI at least a dozen times over producing the "Coaches Letter". Over a 7 day period, and a million messages with no return calls, they could not get the letter from the owner and they agreed that we should bid carefully.

dcgreg25
04-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I won the Victor Martinez Red Sox Home Jersey and batting helmet for what I thought were fair but aggressive prices. I got outbid on a CC Sabathia Indians jersey I wanted pretty badly but could not bring myself to go north of $1500 for an Indians jersey even though it is from a specific game. I have five or six Sabathia's with team or MLB paperwork and never paid more than around $500 to $700. Oh well, I was happy to get the Martinez jersey and helmet as I also have his road jersey from last year with the Sox. It sounds like the GUU membership made quite an impact in the auction from the number of posts in this thread.

solarlottry
04-16-2010, 10:57 AM
I never followed the Steve Young to the end on AMI, but researched it all week and was ready to go after it. I had no issues whatsoever about the style, but did take note that someone supposedly already had this Jersey.

I spoke with AMI at least a dozen times over producing the "Coaches Letter". Over a 7 day period, and a million messages with no return calls, they could not get the letter from the owner and they agreed that we should bid carefully.

i too asked for the letter weeks ago but no luck either. i did photomatch the shirt though to the game based on the pattern of the mesh in the 8 on the front to a close up from the game. Just too expensive with the buyers premium. Did AMI tell you to bid carefully?

nationals2k9
04-16-2010, 10:58 AM
When does the next auction begin?

Better to wait for them to handle payments/shipping on recent one before thinking about consigning for next?

Thanks all..MB

Sonny25
04-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Isn't their next auction the basketball HOF auction in late summer?

Jayworld
04-16-2010, 11:28 AM

Just spoke with Debbie at Grey Flannel Auctions, and she said that they put the date of the 16th on the invoice to communicate that the payment is due immediately, not 30, 60, or 90 days out, as they have to pay their consigners. She also said that mailing in a payment for them to receive next week is standard practice and is not a problem.

Hope that helps.

martin79
04-16-2010, 11:54 AM
I won the 1960's Minnesota Twins Jacket. I've seen several of these jackets over the years; but never able to win one..:) Steve

Mulligans
04-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Regarding the Young....AMI said that the seller of the Young was extremely reputable and they had no questions relative to its Authenticity. I explained that there are rumors that another Individual already owned the Jersey and he was surprised to hear that. After many attempts to get the "Coaches Letter" and no response from the Consignor over a 1 week period, he felt that it was odd and that he understood why we would bid carefully based on the Facts at hand.

At the end of the day, I felt comfortable with the Jersey (but not without the letter) and was hoping that all the negative publicity would drive the price down. What did it end up selling for? I went to look for it and it was off the AMI website????

chaidinar
04-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Did anyone on here end up with the Maurice Jones-Drew jersey?

Lokee
04-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I can honestly say awhile back i signed up to bid on GFC. Then I went to bid and found out I was banned before even making a bid. Never had an issue with any other companies. I took my business elsewhere.

ndestrucktable
04-16-2010, 03:48 PM

I bid on the 1992 MJ jersey, was the second to last bid. I wasn't completely confident on it actually being worn since the photo's I could find didn't match up so I wasn't too pissed I lost it. It was a decent deal though!

legaleagle92481
04-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I can honestly say awhile back i signed up to bid on GFC. Then I went to bid and found out I was banned before even making a bid. Never had an issue with any other companies. I took my business elsewhere.

Are you sure you were banned? Were you trying to bid on a premier lot? If so they make you get seperate approval for that besides just approval to bid in general.

legaleagle92481
04-16-2010, 03:50 PM
I bid on the 1992 MJ jersey, was the second to last bid. I wasn't completely confident on it actually being worn since the photo's I could find didn't match up so I wasn't too pissed I lost it. It was a decent deal though!

If you question if it was real, how could it be a decent deal?

ndestrucktable
04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
If you question if it was real, how could it be a decent deal?
I am baseing that off of other MJ's I have seen sold. All the other jersey's I have seen sold pre-1992 seem to sell around 8,000 plus. You just never know with MJ jerseys so I wasn't willing to go higher.

jgoldstein2000
04-16-2010, 04:15 PM
I won the Victor Martinez Red Sox Home Jersey and batting helmet for what I thought were fair but aggressive prices. I got outbid on a CC Sabathia Indians jersey I wanted pretty badly but could not bring myself to go north of $1500 for an Indians jersey even though it is from a specific game. I have five or six Sabathia's with team or MLB paperwork and never paid more than around $500 to $700. Oh well, I was happy to get the Martinez jersey and helmet as I also have his road jersey from last year with the Sox. It sounds like the GUU membership made quite an impact in the auction from the number of posts in this thread.

Greg, I knew that was you. I pulled out not wanting a repeat... too funny.

Now who bid against me for the Bobby Doerr jersey?

dcgreg25
04-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Goldy- which item were you bidding on? I do wonder who pulled the trigger on the Sabathia.

Lokee
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Are you sure you were banned? Were you trying to bid on a premier lot? If so they make you get seperate approval for that besides just approval to bid in general.

Yeah man I was banned. Honestly after hearing all the horror stories of late Iam glad LOL

jgoldstein2000
04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Goldy- which item were you bidding on? I do wonder who pulled the trigger on the Sabathia.

The Victor Martinez helmet... then I remembered you were collecting him :)

Ended up winning the Doerr jeresy and that was all.

jgoldstein2000
04-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Anyone get their stuff yet?

Mulligans
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I received my FB Jerseys last Wednesday and was extremely happy with everything!......No "Buyers Regret" in that Box!

dcgreg25
04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I got my Victor Martinez stuff last week and could not be happier!

I still would love to know who bought the CC Sabathia Indians jersey...any chance it was anyone on here?

jgoldstein2000
04-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Did you guys pay by wire transfer or check? I'm still waiting.

Greg - congrats on the Martinez stuff.

Sonny25
04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Haven't gotten mine yet either.

They received payment early last week, hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

legaleagle92481
04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
mine is coming tommorrow i got an email from gfc that it was shipped and i am less than an hour away from them. i paid by cashiers check sent it on friday.

chaidinar
04-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Mine was delivered yesterday morning. I sent out a money order early last week. Very quick turnaround.

matt
04-27-2010, 02:53 PM
I am awaiting my Youkilis and Ellsbury helmets, but paid by personal check, which they discourage. Though the check was cashed a week ago, I think I am in the penalty box! Nect time I will get a money order.

Matt

Sonny25
05-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Anybody still not get their item?

I'm still waiting on mine. :mad:

I emailed Grey Flannel about 5 days ago & still haven't heard back from them.

lol I'm having some bad luck lately with my items being shipped.

hockeytigers
05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm still waiting for mine too. I received an email back from GF stating that they would ship my item out on the 6th. Yours is probably going to ship out then too. I also paid with a personal check.

Sonny25
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm still waiting for mine too. I received an email back from GF stating that they would ship my item out on the 6th. Yours is probably going to ship out then too. I also paid with a personal check.

I overnighted a money order a couple days after the auction ended. lol

I don't really care if it takes 2-3 weeks for an item to get to me,
I was just starting to get a little worried because before I've received my items from them in the past a few days after I've paid for it & then add on that they haven't responded to my email.

legaleagle92481
05-04-2010, 11:52 PM

I was just starting to get a little worried because before I've received my items from them in the past a few days after I've paid for it & then add on that they haven't responded to my email.

id be very concerned if i were you. mine was shipped the day they got my payment which was a cashier's check. i sent it eight days after the auction also.

karamaxjoe
05-05-2010, 07:52 AM

Did GF send you tracking information the day it shipped? I mailed a cashiers check the Monday after the auction ended and I've had my item for a week now. You need to start hounding them.

Sonny25
05-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Did GF send you tracking information the day it shipped? I mailed a cashiers check the Monday after the auction ended and I've had my item for a week now. You need to start hounding them.

Nope just the invoice after I won the item.

I sent them another email last night, hoping they respond to this one.

Neely8
05-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Why don't you just call them?

Sonny25
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I will if I don't hear anything by tomorrow.

Didn't really think it would make a difference if I emailed them or called them.
They've always had good customer service towards me.

nickacs
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Zzzz.. well it's been now 2 full weeks (10 business days) since they cashed my check, so my stuff better start coming this week. :rolleyes:
I mean seriously.. they have my money, what's the hold up??? Sure it's a check, but it was already cleared and funds in their account....

Guess another lesson for me the 'ol hard way.. Don't pay by check! Sheesh...
I haven't heard a peep from them, so I better start seeing some emails by Monday :cool:

schubert1970
05-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I was told mine was being shipped Tuesday. So far nothing. I don't have any expectations. Once they get your money, they could give a hoot.

What pisses me off is their demand letter once the auction ended, then to receive this type of service after receiving prompt payment. I won't use them or HA ever again.

gorilla777
05-09-2010, 12:08 AM
I sent them a cashiers check and have had my items for a couple weeks now. But it sounds like I just got lucky based on all the problems I see everyone is having - frustrating I am sure.

Ben

Mulligans
05-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Wow...it sounds like you are having a tough transaction! I had my Jerseys 4 days after the auction ended. GF has been by far one of the best Auction houses all around that I have ever used. I think its Debby who answers the phone and she is incredible! She has a great personality and loves to chat. If there is a flaw, its the fact that Rich (the owner?) takes days and weeks to answer your e-mails and he has a bit of a cavalier attitude.

I can only assume that their big NBA auction is causing a slowdown from their last auction.

If you haven't already spoken to Debby, give that a shot and if you really want something, try not to pay with a check. Wire tansfers work best for me.

hockeytigers
05-10-2010, 06:36 AM
I received my jersey on Saturday...great unwashed jersey.