Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gingi79
    • Aug 2007

Braves/Padres Jackie Robinson Game

WOW! I feel like it's 1982. Braves are wearing their rare one year style baby blue pullovers with navy and white trim and the Padres are wearing their 1984 one year style (With the RAK Patch. Nice touch!) McDonalds Unis.

I had ZERO interest in Robinson day jerseys until I sat to watch this game. If anyone hears of these for sale or auction, my new #1 jersey to get for the Matt Diaz collection is this jersey.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

• scootmagroot
    • Oct 2009

Re: Braves/Padres Jackie Robinson Game

I was there.....definitely looked good with the 1984 jerseys. tons of 1984 Padres videos, and even the TV broadcast had a 1984 look. I liked it. Ill buy several of the Padres jerseys when the become available.

Comment

• Jayworld
      • Jun 2009

Scoot:
      I have not yet seen pictures of the game; how did Majestic do in matching the jerseys and pants to the real deal from 1984? In the past, when the Padres have done throwback games, the gold front panels on the caps have been too large...
      Jay Shelton
      jaywshelton@gmail.com

Comment

• R. C. Walker
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jayworld
        Scoot:
        I have not yet seen pictures of the game; how did Majestic do in matching the jerseys and pants to the real deal from 1984? In the past, when the Padres have done throwback games, the gold front panels on the caps have been too large...
        Hey Jay,

Same thing this year. "padres" little too small, RAK way too big. Chevron on hats, as you said, too large. Helmets looked horrible.

R. C.
        R. C. Walker
        sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Comment

• skipcarayislegend
          • Apr 2008

I watched that game and those powder blues brought back a lot of great memories. Loved seeing them. I wished they had brought out the TBTCs on a day other than JR Day though. It was a missed opportunity to include the NOBs (with the old vertical arching on nameplates of course). As much as I like the new road helmets, it would’ve been awesome had they brought back the 80s era blue ones. Seemed to me also that the V necks were too large. I loved that the Pads used the RAK initials. Wish the Braves would have added the 250th patch they used in ’83. Hopefully we’ll see a home version at some point this year.
          Attached Files

Comment

• MSpecht
            • Oct 2005

Here you go !!!
            Mike Jackitout7@aol.com
            Attached Files

Comment

• Jayworld
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by R. C. Walker
              Hey Jay,

Same thing this year. "padres" little too small, RAK way too big. Chevron on hats, as you said, too large. Helmets looked horrible.

R. C.
              Thanks for the input, R.C., and the photos from another. Yes, the padres look to small, and the batting helmets were awful. I have a game-used TBTC batting helmet from two years ago that is much nicer, although the front gold panel is too big. Ah, the mid-1970s and 80s, when players knew how to wear their uniforms correctly and the pants showed plenty of stirrups. How I long for those days. Hopefully the 1978 TBTC uniforms for the rest of this year will be far more accurate, and I hope that they wear the pants with waistbands instead of inaccurate belts....
              Jay Shelton
              jaywshelton@gmail.com

Comment

• gingi79
                • Aug 2007

Spoke with Lisa at the Braves. She doesn't believe that the team will be getting these. It was a Padres Throwback game and they supplied the unis. Does anyone have a connection for San Diego Padres game worns? I know a lot of the JR Days shirts wind up on MLB for auction but since it was a throwback game, the Pads may be selling them.

I also echo Skipcarey. While I like the road Navy shirts and the red home alts, I'd really like to see the Bravos have a Throwback Thursday deal, especially since they have such a rich history with really unique uniforms.

Of course I'm also in favor of a "WTF were we thinking?" A day to bring out the worst jersey each team ever wore. Heck the Pirates could do like 4 of those, right Lastings?
                Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• dcrules01
                  • Nov 2005

Here is a bunch of photos..

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Comment

• scootmagroot
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
                    It was a Padres Throwback game and they supplied the unis. Does anyone have a connection for San Diego Padres game worns? I know a lot of the JR Days shirts wind up on MLB for auction but since it was a throwback game, the Pads may be selling them.

I have spoken with the person in charge, and they dont have any details yet. she said she will keep me posted

Comment

• scootmagroot
                      • Oct 2009

The Braves did keep their uni's

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
                        Of course I'm also in favor of a "WTF were we thinking?" A day to bring out the worst jersey each team ever wore. Heck the Pirates could do like 4 of those, right Lastings?
                        What, you didn't like the Buccos 1979 "We Are Family" uniforms? Awesome uniform, if only they auctioned those...

Comment

• dnrapp
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                          What, you didn't like the Buccos 1979 "We Are Family" uniforms? Awesome uniform, if only they auctioned those...
                          later this year the A's are having a 70's throwback jeresey day against the Pirates

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                            • May 2009

I'm assuming the A's will be selling the Pirates jerseys?

Comment

• dnrapp
                              • Feb 2009

They did sell some White Sox jerseys from last years TBTC game. And they had a table full of the GU pants at the fan fast this year. I see the White Sox have the Beckham GU jersey, autographed, up on MLB.com

Comment

Working...