PDA

View Full Version : Help with identitfying jersey logo please!!!!

LastingsMilledge85
04-15-2010, 10:24 PM
I came across this rare jersey logo card and have no idea what team that logo could be from that Lastings played for. Doesn't look like a Mets, Nats, or Pirates logo to me. Any thoughts? Thanks
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/untitled.jpg?t=1271388173

2000mvpfan
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Looks like a "USA" jersey to me...maybe from an All-Star Futures game (possibly the All-Star game in Detroit a few years ago)?

Joe

MarinersFan34
04-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Agreed, 2005 Futures game in Detroit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Spiezio23/Misc/Milledge.jpg

LastingsMilledge85
04-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Wow, would they actually cut up a jersey like that though? That's a jersey I would love to have.

TriplexXxSports
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Wow, would they actually cut up a jersey like that though? That's a jersey I would love to have.

No, but they would cut up a retail jersey and sell it to you as if it were the actual jersey. These card companies are getting slimier by the minute.

Just do a search....see for yourself.

MJB14
04-16-2010, 08:30 AM
IMO card is a fake. Notice the fibers overlapping the opening onto the face of the card. This usually happens when someone takes the original swatch out of the card and replaces it with a prime patch they cut off a retail jersey in order to enhance eye appeal and market value causing people to spend more $ on it. See the thread in the Auction Item thread about this same practice.

MLB_Authentic
04-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Um, Hello?? Look at the card, it says MLB LOGO, how can you fake that? Take the real one out and put in a fake?? LOL

IMO card is a fake. Notice the fibers overlapping the opening onto the face of the card. This usually happens when someone takes the original swatch out of the card and replaces it with a prime patch they cut off a retail jersey in order to enhance eye appeal and market value causing people to spend more $ on it. See the thread in the Auction Item thread about this same practice.

BULBUS
04-16-2010, 08:37 AM

The card says "game used mlb logo" and it has orange instead of red, matching the jersey.

MJB14
04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Meant to say IMO NOT a fake. Notice NO fibers overlapping cutout. We really need an edit post feature. :D Also the fact that Topps labeled the card as MLB Logo Patch on the card itself supports the cards legitamicy. Now whether or not he actually wore the jersey they cut up, well thats another story entirely.

MJB14
04-16-2010, 08:41 AM
Um, Hello?? Look at the card, it says MLB LOGO, how can you fake that? Take the real one out and put in a fake?? LOL

Sorry to ruffle so many feathers. Trying to type as fast as I think, and without proof reading and an edit feature, you are bound to make a typo here and there.

skinsfan0521
04-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Yeah, the fact that it says MLB Logo patch, means that it's not a fake card. But, with the credibility of the GU items that the card companies are getting lately, it may not actually be a game worn MLB Logo.

But, LastingsMilledge85 - Yeah, the cut up all sorts of great memorabilia to put into cards. I used to collect only cards until a few years ago when I decided that I'd like to have the entire jersey, not just a 1in x 1in square of it. There are cards of all sorts of memorabilia. Babe Ruth (and any other major superstar you can think of) bat piece, jersey, etc.

To be honest, I somewhat wish that I didn't know about all of the illegitimate jerseys that there are out there because I always thought that I have a real piece of jersey that some athlete wore in my cards... now, that's all in question. Topps (or any company) gets their jerseys from the same place we do... auction houses, eBay, team sources, etc. But, IMO, they don't do as much research, they just take it for what somebody says it is and cut it up and put it in cards. Once it's been cut up, there's no way for anybody to research it anymore and the proof is gone.

Anyway, it was a bit off topic, but since you asked the question about "would they really cut up a jersey like that", I figured I'd chime in.

LastingsMilledge85
04-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Is the ard worth spending $25?

skinsfan0521
04-16-2010, 02:05 PM
If it was a 1/1 Logo Patch & auto of my favorite player, I'd buy it for $25 for sure. I've paid much more than that for non-game used or autographed 1/1 cards of Chris Snee (my favorite player).