PDA

View Full Version : Forbes Field Turnstile

justinbittner220
04-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone on this site has a Forbes Field turnstile or knows anything about one should look like. I puchased one about 2 years ago from American Memorabilia, but I have my doubts. I question whether it came from Forbes or three rivers. I think it's still in there archives, so you can see the pics... or I can post some if need be.

The turnstile is now brown, but looks to have been green underneath. However, I'm clueless when it comes to what style it should be. PLUS, to make it worse, I am aware that Forbes did a renovation at some point, which makes me wonder if newer turnstiles were added or the old were replaced...

According to AM, they are knowledgable about Pittsburgh memorabilia because they have clubhouse employees that work for them, but again, I have my doubts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

momen55
04-18-2010, 02:18 PM
email me with pics. oldz70@yahoo.com.

justinbittner220
04-18-2010, 05:09 PM
pm sent

momen55
04-18-2010, 10:11 PM
ican't answer you without your pm's on or an email. AM had another sell in july 17, 2008 for $3.252, from the 60's,same color. i believe the 3 rivers were red or yellow.
in my opinion what you have is legit from the period quoted, just going by the style and color.

justinbittner220
04-19-2010, 01:42 PM
justinbittner220@hotmail.com
Sorry about the pm thing. I'll work on changing that. I'm just trying to find someone else that has one restored or something so that I can somehow, truly, verify it.

corsairs22
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I am pretty sure that the Heinz History Center in downtown Pittsburgh has a turnstile from the old ballpark on the floor that displays sports items. You might ask someone there. I would take a look myself, but right now I'm 2200 miles away.

justinbittner220
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
I am pretty sure that the Heinz History Center in downtown Pittsburgh has a turnstile from the old ballpark on the floor that displays sports items. You might ask someone there. I would take a look myself, but right now I'm 2200 miles away.

I have talked to the Heinz Center via email and was told that they do not. They must have at one time or another because you're about the 17th person to give me that info. I appreciate the help though.

justinbittner220
09-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I thought maybe I'd bring this one back from the dead and see if anyone had anymore info for me. Thanks guys.