PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on this Jose Lopez GU Bat?

soxfan
04-18-2010, 09:49 PM
Hey all,

Just came back from Seattle where we were at the Saturday Mariners game vs Detroit.

Picked up this Jose Lopez gamer while down there, and according to MLB.COM it was from the June 29th, 2008 game @ Texas...and as we all know that was the night Ichiro got his 3000th hit.

Lopez cracked this one in the 9th, but cranked a Home Run in the 7th as well....and in looking through MLBTV, I am almost 100% its a match for that HR as well!

I think I got a pretty sweet deal as it is from a historic game for the Mariners and MLB as well as it is quite possibly a HR bat and is one of those rare/tough to find "nickname bats"..

Any thoughts? And i cant find a clear shot of his HR in the 7th, so if anyone has one, please send it along.

All in all a pretty wicked gamer that is one of my top 10's!!

Jeremy

macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Manram
04-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Very nice bat. Nickname bats are rare enough, but have never seen one in spanish. Sweet

rwoodsbats
04-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Nice score on the El Chamo bat!! They had 5-10 El Chamo's at fanfest but non that I saw had the MLB sticker. I hope they were still running the 50% off game used items. It's always scary to see the prices at the team store but the 50% off helps take the sting off.

MUSEOVEN
04-19-2010, 09:43 AM
hello: here in venezuela el chamo means the kid.. excelent bat.. thanks

soxfan
04-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Still trying to find a 100% photo match for his HR in the 7th, but it is definetly from that game, according to both MLB.COM and the 9th inning game footage.

Anyone can find a better look at his 7th inning HR on July 29, 2008 I would greatle appreciate it.

Jeremy

nycpropain
04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Are you 100% it was used in that game? Or was that the date authenticated by mlb.com? Post a screen shot or copy and paste what it says.

Many people think cause it was authenticated on a certain date it was used that day, thats not always the case. Most of this time they authenticate a week or 2 worth of items in one swoop on one day. So technically if not detailed as "broke bat 7th inning on 7/29/08 " or "HR bat 7/29/08" in the description it could be from weeks before broken during batting practice.

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2010, 12:15 PM
That's a good point and considering that was a milestone game with an authenticator having to be present after the game, it's highly likely that the bat may not have been used on the day it was authenticated, but there's a chance it was used in the game it was authenticated.

soxfan
04-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I have run into that before with MLB.COM, but I do know for sure it was that day, and here is the MLB.COM COA and description.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Hologram number LH117462 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: SEA AT TEX
Session Date: July 29, 2008
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: J. LOPEZ BROKEN TOP OF 9TH, C.J WILSON PITCHING, BROKEN IN 1 PIECE, PROFESSIONAL EDGE BRAND, PRO MAPLE

LastingsMilledge85
04-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Photos are your only proof. Since you matched it that's comforting that it's from that game. If you could post pictures of the actual bat and your bat that would be great.

soxfan
04-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Might be a dumb question, but when proof is gotten and it is 100% confirmed that it is 1-from that historic Mariner game and 2-is a HR bat...does it increase the value or desire for it?

Jeremy

soxfan
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I would love to post pics from MLBTV, but I can't get them to freeze and zoom like some of the other forum members I have seen posting them.

Is there anyone out there that could help me with this?

It is the bat from the July 29, 2008 Mariners@Rangers game...Jose Lopez at bat in the 7th and hits a HR, as well as his at bat in the 9th inning when he singles and breaks his bat of CJ Wilson of the Rangers.

Thanks!

Jeremy

soxfan
04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Just thought I would add these handle photos from my Jose Lopez bat.

It isn't cracked or broken here, so there isnt much reason for the tape job, as it isnt a very big one at all.

But it does have "Tex-?7" written on it...so I am assuming that this is more evidence that it is from the Texas game, and it could be a record of his showing that this bat was used for his HR in Tex-in the 7th inning?

Anyone else seen this type of tape job on a Jose Lopez?

This bat is becoming a lot more "fun research" than I could have imagined earlier....

Again, as I am still a "novice" in game used collecting, if I can prove 100% this is a HR bat and from the 3000th hit game, does it affect the value?

Thanks!

jeremy

soxfan
04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
FANTASTIC!!!

I have been able to 100% photo Match this 2008 GU Jose Lopez bat from his HR swing in the top of the 7th inning, in Texas on July 29, 2008...Ichiro's 3000th hit game.

Now I cant figure out how to freeze the MLBTV and copy so I can post....Anyone know how to do it?

He breaks his first SSK bat ion the 5th and then he gets this one from the babt boy, easy matching then, and then hits his HR in the 7th, another easy match cause of the very distinct blue transfer marks, and then cracks it in the top of the 9th against Texas closer Wilson.

Anyone who can post the MLBTV pic for me would be in my very good books!

Jeremy

LastingsMilledge85
04-24-2010, 04:18 PM
If you have a MLBtv account I can do it for you.

soxfan
04-26-2010, 12:16 AM
OK, gonna try these to see if it shows the photomatch...

Jeremy

soxfan
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM
And now since I have just figured out how to use MS Paint...here are the pics with the nice red circles.

Jeremy