PDA

View Full Version : Mike & Mike / Anthony Munoz Game used jersey story...

skinsfan0521
04-21-2010, 09:16 AM
So, yesterday, I was watching Mike & Mike (ESPN morning show) and heard some disturbing news related to game used items.

A bit of a back story:
Mike Golic (former Notre Dame player) lost a bet and will be wearing a USC jersey around the ND campus on Saturday...

Well, yesterday, they mentioned that Golic will be wearing a GAME USED Munoz USC jersey that Munoz sent him. Golic then went on to keep making hints about how he's going to spill food and drinks all over the jersey and send it back ruined.:eek:

Anthony Munoz is a HOF and this is a game used jersey from his days at USC... I really hope that Golic won't actually do any of these things to this jersey, but if he does, that'll be sad!! I'm not suggesting that this jersey is worth like $20k or anything, but I'm sure if it went to auction, it would bring a decent amount w/provenance & paperwork from Munoz.

Just thought I'd share that...

jbsportstuff
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
So, yesterday, I was watching Mike & Mike (ESPN morning show) and heard some disturbing news related to game used items.

A bit of a back story:
Mike Golic (former Notre Dame player) lost a bet and will be wearing a USC jersey around the ND campus on Saturday...

Well, yesterday, they mentioned that Golic will be wearing a GAME USED Munoz USC jersey that Munoz sent him. Golic then went on to keep making hints about how he's going to spill food and drinks all over the jersey and send it back ruined.:eek:

Anthony Munoz is a HOF and this is a game used jersey from his days at USC... I really hope that Golic won't actually do any of these things to this jersey, but if he does, that'll be sad!! I'm not suggesting that this jersey is worth like $20k or anything, but I'm sure if it went to auction, it would bring a decent amount w/provenance & paperwork from Munoz.

Just thought I'd share that...
Do you often listen to the show? Mike is just having fun. Do you think he would seriously do anything to harm the jersey? No way.

skinsfan0521
04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I watch the show every day. I wouldn't be surprised if he did because they (Golic, Greeny & Munoz) may legitimately not know the value of that jersey. To be honest, I'm not sure why Munoz would even send a game used jersey if he knew the value... whether or not Golic would knowingly ruin it.

That's why I think he may be serious... cuz they really may not know the value of it.

Just my opinion obviously, but who knows...

legaleagle92481
04-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I watch the show every day. I wouldn't be surprised if he did because they (Golic, Greeny & Munoz) may legitimately not know the value of that jersey. To be honest, I'm not sure why Munoz would even send a game used jersey if he knew the value... whether or not Golic would knowingly ruin it.

That's why I think he may be serious... cuz they really may not know the value of it.

Just my opinion obviously, but who knows...

Munoz is rich and probably just does not care. What is a few grand to him? It is probably worth it to him for the entertainment Golic wearing the jersey will bring him.

skinsfan0521
04-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah, but it's not about the money, it's about the collectible/historical part of it. Either way, yeah, I don't think any of them involved care. It would just suck if that really happened to a Munoz college game worn jersey.