PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison GU jersey worth ?

808jerseys
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
What would Marvin Harrison's game used jersey be worth today or tomarrow ?
Any idea and thoughts
thank you
Rex

Mulligans
04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't mean to be vague....But I have seen anywhere between $400 and $2500 for a GU Harrison.

legaleagle92481
04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I don't mean to be vague....But I have seen anywhere between $400 and $2500 for a GU Harrison.

I paid $2,500 from JO about a month ago.

808jerseys
04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
That should help me with my pricing .
Thank you all,
Rex

808jerseys
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Still can't figure out what to sell a Harrison jersey for. What would be a fair price ?
Thank you,
Rex

scottanservitz
04-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I would have to say it depends on the documentation. If it came from JO for example and you have photo matches then your looking at 4 digits, but if you have little documentation then it would be significantly less. All depends on the history of the jersey, and where or how you sell it. Hope this helps.

808jerseys
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
The Indianapolis Colts supplied game used jerseys to Game Exclusives. I think JO sports took over from them. I think I have a good chance at four digits.
Thank you all again & happy collecting
Rex

legaleagle92481
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
The Indianapolis Colts supplied game used jerseys to Game Exclusives. I think JO sports took over from them. I think I have a good chance at four digits.
Thank you all again & happy collecting
Rex

JO does not distribute Colts stuff. They have like one Colts jersey in stock. The Colts sell jerseys on their proshop but they are typically lineman the best they have is Jeff Saturday. I bought my Harrison from JO but they did not get it from the Colts. Harrison had given the jersey to authentic sports investments aka asi and signed and dated the game it was used in. It ended up in a Mastro net auction a couple of years ago, somehow JO ended up with it then I bought it from them. I paid what I did because it was signed and dated as gu in a particular game by Harrison, had been graded an A10 by Mears at the time of the Mastro net auction, had JO certification and photomatched to the game in question. Grey Flannel auctioned one last week that did not even reach $500 but personally I questioned the gu inscription on that one as it appeared to be written by someone other than Marvin so that may account for the low price. Honestly though it all depends on the paperwork and if it can be photomatched to a particular game. I would estimate that you could get about 800-1000 for it if all matches up. Marvin is retired and several years from HOF eligibility so the demand for him is kind of low at this point and top receiver jerseys that don't originate with NFL auctions or Jo normally go for about that with the exception of Moss who is much more popular than Marvin or any other receiver collectibles wise. I paid such a premimun because of the fact that it could be defintely established that it was from that particular game and it had the paperwork it did.

808jerseys
04-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow, after reading all the information on Marvin"s jersey makes me want to keep it. It's just that collector in me .

I do have two getty photos of Marvin in that Jags game that the jersey was used in.
I wish it was signed, but Marvin is a tough signer when in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.
Thank you all,
Rex

solarlottry
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Wow, after reading all the information on Marvin"s jersey makes me want to keep it. It's just that collector in me .

I do have two getty photos of Marvin in that Jags game that the jersey was used in.
I wish it was signed, but Marvin is a tough signer when in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl.
Thank you all,
Rex

808jerseys-Are you in hawaii? i am and i collect 49ers shirts. Maybe you can email me if you live in honolulu at garciajones@yahoo.com. It is always good to know other collectors from hawaii.
best
paul

ivo610
04-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Make sure you keep in mind the value might change depending on how the murder case he is a suspect in turns out.

gingi79
04-24-2010, 12:56 AM
Marvin's rep took a beating with the pending case. While he was a superb receiver, in 10 years he won't be hot or remembered as a "sure thing HOFer" like Jerry Rice. Considering that the NFL churns out newer and better players every season, unless you can tie this jersey with a perfect photomatch to a specific game of merit, the value won't increase from where it was when he was playing in Indy. (In my opinion)

I get the feeling that NFL game worns are going to nosedive in value unless you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that it was worn, shows good wear and the shirt was involved in more than just an average day. This goes for all current players, not just Marvin. Even if you have a Montana/Rice/Elway/Marino type player, values only seem to dip after they retire (unless it's well worn and tied to specific accomplishments). Looking over current and recent auctions, it is hot or miss whether you will get $250 or $2500.

Bottom line, if you are collecting current players (or in the last 20 years) game worns for "resale value" realize it is not only likely you may never make your money back, let alone become rich. We live in a society of struggling people and pathological liars, manufacturing wear and knockoffs. The average person knows now that 85% of game worns and autographs are fake and are no longer investing the kind of money they used to.

Harrison was a great player who most likely inspired some great Sundays for you. That is priceless. His used shirt simply isn't.

legaleagle92481
04-24-2010, 01:31 AM
there is no case pending nor was there ever. while i will not discuss my views on the situation on this forum as to his guilt i think since the man he was alledged to have shot was killed in an unrelated shooting that no charges will ever be filed for lack of witnesses/evidence. however, there was a very interesting gq article about it a couple of months ago. marvin the man does not seem like a great guy but then that can be said about alot of athletes even those in hall of fames. since it is out of the news and there will never be a trial or even an arrest i dont think it will permantly affect his values or people's desire to collect his stuff as many fans probably are unaware of the whole situation. the real problem is out of sight and out of mind. retirement plunges memorabilia values like little else. but historically i think he is one of the ten best receivers of all time and he will make canton on the first ballot and the attention surrounding it will boost his values for awhile.

jhunt28
04-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I think people should check this out on Marvin...very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXu8OQVx9s

dcgreg25
04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
I think people should check this out on Marvin...very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXu8OQVx9s

I know this is OT but I saw that story on E60 last week and it was unreal. Definitely worth checking out. I expect we will hear more about this before all is said and done.