PDA

View Full Version : Larry Doyle records

ksfarmboy
07-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I was wondering if you had any records for Larry Doyle. The bat I have is block letter last name,H&B and 1921-1931 label. I know he retired after 1920, but was able to find a reference where he played an exhibition game with other Giants players in 1921. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The bat is 36" and around 42oz.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Clint

corsairs25
07-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Clint,
I'm new to the forum and don't have access to any shipping records but I happen to have a bat that both Mears and PSA/ DNA judge to be a Larry Doyle professional model bat. In fact, there is side writing that indicates it was used by both Dave Robertson and Doyle. It measures 39.4 oz. and is 35.875 incles long. The PSA/ DNA letter claims that the length and weight measurements "have been identified in the manufacturer's ordering records as being ordered by the player during the referenced labeling period." This doesn't, of course, preclude other bats with other measurements from being real Doyle gamers but maybe it will help to paint a picture of what old Larry used to order. Mark

ksfarmboy
07-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks Mark, at least I know it's close so far. Clint.