PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Scott Sicko

legaleagle92481
04-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on Scott Sicko? The player from New Hampshire who was not drafted and retired rather than sign as an undrafted free agent (several teams had called him expressing interest) to finish his education. I think he should have given it this summer to see if he stuck. Education is laudable but he will never find a job where he can make what he can earn in the NFL and he is a young guy so if he does not make a team he could just resume classes next winter if he gets cut too late for the start of fall classes. Alot of guys did not get drafted and had long, sellar, lucrative careers ala James Harrison, Antonio Pierce, Tony Romo, Priest Holmes, Kurt Warner and Jeff Saturday just to name a few. Alot of times lower round picks and undrafted guys have the edge for the final roster spots because teams do not have to pay them much when compared to a veteran.

ivo610
04-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I cant imagine why he wouldnt want to spend the summer in an NFL training camp. I doubt he could find a summer job that pays as well (I have no idea what they pay FAs that come in for tryouts or what not). At worst he gets some money to put towards his degree and gotten to spend time catching passes from a NFL starting QB. I wonder what his father thinks, because my ol man would have slapped me silly. But I cant fault the kid for sticking to what he wants to do for the rest of his life.

My thoughts on the Rhodes scholar are opposite. There are alot of kids drafted every year, but there are not that many Rhodes scholars, plus even if he does stick with the NFL after he retires and takes a front office job, "Rhodes scholar" looks pretty good on a resume. The kid made the right call by going to england for a year.

MJB14
04-26-2010, 03:20 PM
Sicko just signed with the Bengals as a FA

legaleagle92481
04-27-2010, 12:47 AM
Sicko just signed with the Bengals as a FA

Huh? I can't find that anywhere and why the Bengals who just drafted a TE in round 1 and still have Chase Coffman, he would seem to have zero shot at making their roster.

legaleagle92481
04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
he did change his mind he signed with the cowboys.