PDA

View Full Version : Pickups from Steiners Giants Stadium Auctions?

BULBUS
04-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Anybody get anything from Steiners Giants Stadium Artifacts auction? The bidding seemed pretty dead. I picked up a section sign (the section that I sat in for 25+ years) and a few other signs for 20 -25 bucks.

legaleagle92481
04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Anybody get anything from Steiners Giants Stadium Artifacts auction? The bidding seemed pretty dead. I picked up a section sign (the section that I sat in for 25+ years) and a few other signs for 20 -25 bucks.

i think it is because many of the fans are also mets or yanks fans and after their big stadium sales the novelty of buying stuff from the stadium has worn off.

skinsfan0521
04-26-2010, 04:45 PM
I was going to buy Chris Snee's locker, but I was told that he kept it and took it home, so I had nothing else that appealed to me since I'm a 'Skins fan.

I may eventually buy a seatback to have signed, but I'll just get that from their regular site.

As far as the bidding being dead and the novelty wearing off... I think that it's just that the Yankees have many more fans than the Giants do. I think that the Mets stuff (from the little that I paid attention to) didn't have nearly the attention/bidding that the Yankees stuff did either. So, my guess is that the reason the Giants stuff didn't have the same interest is because of the fan base.

jhunt28
04-27-2010, 05:12 PM

Nothing noteworthy to pick up from a Jets fan's eyes...from my perspective, we were always second fiddle, and never had our own history and tradition in Giants Stadium.