PDA

View Full Version : SF Giants Gamers

stkmtimo
07-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Can anyone tell me if there are any exceptions to SF Giants gamers being stamped by the team? I'm not referencing a Bonds gamer but another one I've noticed that doesn't appear to have the stamp; is this still OK or should I stay clear of it? The jersey is from 2003.

Thanks,
Tim

EurekaDave
07-08-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm not an expert at all except that I have purchased a number of Giants jerseys from different sources. The ones purchased directly from the club have a letter of authenticity or a stamp. I have both. And as I understand it, even those may not be game-used everyday jerseys. You are really at the mercy of the Giants clubhouse and marketing bureaucracy.

I have also purchased Giants jerseys that do not have any club authentication. They may have been acquired by people with contacts within the club. For example, I bought a Giants jersey that did not have team authentication but was authenticated by the dealer from whom I bought it. Since it was a road jersey, I am suspecting that it found its way outthe clubhouse door on a roadtrip. I don't know.

I hope that's not too confusing for you. If you know or trust the seller, it seems you should be alright. If you don't know jerseys (and I don't), "trust" is the operative word.