PDA

View Full Version : Questions about this 1999 Boselli Jersey

chaidinar
04-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Hey, I was wondering if some of you could help me out. I purchased this jersey through the GF auction, and while I thought I had it photomatched, I am starting to doubt myself. The Jaguar logo and Nike logo on the sleeves are screen printed, which is something I have never seen before on a Jaguars jersey. The photo's below seem to match up, but I cant explain the screen printed logo's. There are some repairs on the one logo. I can't find decent photos of his sleeves from '99 and the ones I do find show black shading inside the loop of the tail. Any help/comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aloving77
04-27-2010, 02:13 AM
Those types of logos are common on lineman jerseys. Some players think that patches would give the opposing players something to grab on to. I collect Titans jerseys and it's much more noticeable on those because the logos that are screened on are much smaller than the patches.

chaidinar
04-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Those types of logos are common on lineman jerseys. Some players think that patches would give the opposing players something to grab on to. I collect Titans jerseys and it's much more noticeable on those because the logos that are screened on are much smaller than the patches.

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it. I had never seen it before, but I am fairly new to collecting. I didn't think about the placement of the logo, and how easy it would be for D-Lineman to grab ahold of it. Thanks again!

Mattapan03
04-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Your jersey appears to be perfectly matched. The repair on the chest is a dead giveaway.

As far as the sleeves, yes it is common among lineman. Some of them like their jerseys really tight around the arms and have a stitched logo would make that uncomfortable