PDA

View Full Version : Run Ricky Run 30 for 30

JasonBanz
04-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Anyone watch the Run Ricky Run 30 for 30 on ESPN? As a Ricky Williams fan I really enjoyed it. I think I became more of a fan after watching because I only saw what the media was saying. Ricky opened his life to everyone admitting his problems and mistakes. Anyone elses opinion?

legaleagle92481
04-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Anyone watch the Run Ricky Run 30 for 30 on ESPN? As a Ricky Williams fan I really enjoyed it. I think I became more of a fan after watching because I only saw what the media was saying. Ricky opened his life to everyone admitting his problems and mistakes. Anyone elses opinion?

i didnt see the show but ricky is a very fascinating guy sort of like another rickey, rickey henderson in that respect. the crazy thing is despite all that has happened in his career he will finish with over 9,000 rushing yards if he did not miss the equivalent of over three entire seasons during that one four year streach he would probably be headed to Canton. At age 32 and not having been a featured back for years look how he played when ronnie brown got hurt last year. and people can talk about his problems and mistakes all they want but he really never hurt anyone but himself which alot of players cannot say the same thing about aka Stallworth, Big Ben, Pacman, Leonard Little, etc. Even when he quit on the team it really was no worse than how barry sanders retired or how kerry collins gave up when he was a panther and neither of them got much flack about it for as long as rickey did. he also should be lauded for how he overcame social anxiety disorder which must have been very hard for someone as in the spotlight as he has been.

10thMan
04-27-2010, 11:53 PM
As a San Diegan & someone whos met him several times, I`ve always liked him. The Media normally screws things up when they get ahold of a Story. Always a hardheaded dude around to say "he used drugs etc" NONE of us are, nor ever will be Angels. Ricky was far more Honest then most will ever be, in that Program. Says a lot about his Character to me. Redemption is huge to me, most people deserve second chances...

Sean

chaidinar
04-28-2010, 01:26 AM
I saw it, and thought it was great. It was one of my favorite ones so far. Often the media doesn't show all the good Ricky does, especially through his foundation. I can't remember where I saw it on the forum, but I believe someone was looking to buy some of the "30 for 30" series. I found them on amazon dot com/ 30for30.

JasonBanz
04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
I know that Ricky missed several seasons but coming into this year, he is probably the healthiest 33 year old running back the NFL has ever seen. Last year he said 2010 would be his final year, but he said in an interview he may have spoken too soon. The signing of Dansby and Marshall this year made him want to play even longer. I have a ton of respect for him even with his past. Everyone here has had a dark period in their life, and have done things they regret. That doesn't make you a bad person, but when you learn from it, it makes you a better person. I think most of all, the fact that he opened up his life for the past few years speaks alot!