PDA

View Full Version : No Lime jerseys yet ??

JackHE
05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Been a few weeks since the group of Seahawks Lime Green jerseys were bought from JO and thought some would start to surface. Surely, the buyer won't keep them all and would like to recoup some $$.

Anybody heard anything ??

clinton2828
05-02-2010, 02:43 PM
i am looking for one of the middle of the road players from the set as well and had it on reserve from jo before they sold the whole lot. please keep me updated as well i was willing to even over pay for it.

LastingsMilledge85
05-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Some are on there, but have been sold already.

legaleagle92481
05-02-2010, 03:49 PM
clinton so your saying jo sold a jersey you had on reserve out from under you? thats not cool at all. once you put a deposit down in my book it is yours unless for some reason they dont get the jersey i.e. player in question opted to keep his jersey from that game or it got damaged in shipment from the team or you cannot come up with the balance within x amount of days of when the jersey is ready to ship unless you were specifcally told that jo reserved the right to cancel the sale for some other reason. selling the whole lot or not is irrelevant and if i were you i would make a huge stink over it.

intheminors
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Legal,

Hate to say it but the same thing happened to me with JO. I had a Saints jersey (as well as a Raiders jersey) that I was making payments on. When I paid it off, they tried to sell me the white version before I showed them the e-mails where I had reserved the black jersey.

They did refund my money on the Saints jersey but that took a while as well. Because of that, I no longer subscribe to their e-mail list or go to their website. I know they are getting a few more contracts with teams but, since I met some NFL people from all teams at a recent event, I've decided to try contacting them myself. It actually hasn't been as difficult as I thought.

Kyle

legaleagle92481
05-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Legal,

Hate to say it but the same thing happened to me with JO. I had a Saints jersey (as well as a Raiders jersey) that I was making payments on. When I paid it off, they tried to sell me the white version before I showed them the e-mails where I had reserved the black jersey.

They did refund my money on the Saints jersey but that took a while as well. Because of that, I no longer subscribe to their e-mail list or go to their website. I know they are getting a few more contracts with teams but, since I met some NFL people from all teams at a recent event, I've decided to try contacting them myself. It actually hasn't been as difficult as I thought.

Kyle

thanks for the info. i was going to preorder a few jerseys from them next season of the new jets but in light of what you guys are saying i wont now. they should take items out of inventory once they are preordered.

clinton2828
05-02-2010, 05:38 PM
"so your saying jo sold a jersey you had on reserve out from under you? "

no not at all i was just put on the list for one of the jerseys and was going ot buy it from them, i did not put a despoit as it was not required. they did not do anything wrong in my opinion he has a business to run and be profitable

NFLELCollector
05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
I too was hoping to obtain a Middle of the Road Player Jersey from the Lime Green Collection, However the Truth is NO ONE WILL BE OBTAINING ANY OF THOSE JERSEYS.
My Understanding (Directly from JO Sports) is THE BUYER OF THE BULK LOT OF 2009 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS ALTERNATE LIME GREEN JERSEYS-DOES NOT OR WILL NOT SELL ANY PART OF HIS COLLECTION EVER!
I estimate the total cost of the Lot 53 Jerseys at about 40K
Wish i had 40K to toss away like that.
Is it me or are there some SICKLY RICH people in the WORLD?????

Mattapan03
05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I think the buyer severly overpaid for the whole lot of jerseys, especially when you consider that players like Hasselbeck and Walter Jones didnt even play in that game

legaleagle92481
05-03-2010, 09:02 AM
I too was hoping to obtain a Middle of the Road Player Jersey from the Lime Green Collection, However the Truth is NO ONE WILL BE OBTAINING ANY OF THOSE JERSEYS.
My Understanding (Directly from JO Sports) is THE BUYER OF THE BULK LOT OF 2009 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS ALTERNATE LIME GREEN JERSEYS-DOES NOT OR WILL NOT SELL ANY PART OF HIS COLLECTION EVER!

I think it is a very strong to say the guy will never sell any part of his collection ever. Even to the very rich events happen sometimes that make it necessary to sell i.e. business goes bad, they get ripped off in an investment scam i.e. Madoff clients, they suffer a major health problem or they die and their family does not want the stuff or they simply grow tired of collecting and sell it. Look at Barry Halper, widely acclaimed as the greatest collector ever he was very wealthy (he even owned a piece of the Yankees) collected for a very, very long time and then just decided to part with everything in his collection and did. As far as price he probably paid over 60 grand as most JO jerseys are over a grand. Edgerrin James is easily a 4,000-5,000 dollar jersey under Jo's pricing structure and some others like Hasselback, Walter Jones, Lofa, Curry and Trufant also probably went for over 2 grand.

hockeytigers
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Does anyone know if the Seahawks will use those jerseys again this year or in the future since they were so popular last year? If so, that investment just took a huge hit...unless he buys this group as well. :)

LastingsMilledge85
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
The lime jersey is still listed as the alternate for the Seahawks. I can't wait for the Packers alternate this year, that will be a sight for the eyes.

legaleagle92481
05-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know if the Seahawks will use those jerseys again this year or in the future since they were so popular last year? If so, that investment just took a huge hit...unless he buys this group as well. :)

Follow the money. Jo probably paid them a fortune for those jerseys and they were so popular with the fans (imagine how many authentic jerseys of this style people bought) and like any team once something is successful teams tend to keep doing it until they have milked the last drop of profit out of it. And the Hawks have alot of new players this year so alot of fans would probably love to pick up a Whitehurst, White, Washington, Okung or Thomas authentic lime green jersey and otherwise the Hawks are not a popular team and lack the type of stars that move merchandise so it makes sense to continue.

JackHE
05-03-2010, 01:23 PM

Wow, if that is true that person must be some huge Seahawks fan or really loves the color of lime green.

Mattapan03
05-03-2010, 05:48 PM
The green alternates are done. I read an article somewhere that the Seahawks were cutting ties with that color jersey. So, those jerseys will be pretty rare. Think MPLS LA Lakers jerseys from 01-02 as a comparison