PDA

View Full Version : Very Pleasurable First Dealing With Marc Himelstein - Detroit Tigers

MLB_Authentic
05-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Just wanted to express to the board how happy I am with my first purchase from Marc Himelstein, authentics manager for the Detroit Tigers. I purchased a lot of 5 Very Detailed MLB Game Used Baseballs from the 4-27-10 Twins at Tigers game. I paid last Thursday and they arrived today, in individual ball cubes nonetheless. A very positive dealing.

punch
05-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Thats great!

Would you happen to have any clue how I could get my hands on a ball from a Twins game at Target Field this season? I'm going to a game on my 30th birthday and I'd love to get a game used ball from that day, but I have NO clue how to go about it with the Twins.

skyking26
05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Got an email from Mark today. Having a guy selling GU for a team is indeed awesome. I wish the Twins did it so I could put my name in on a Thome...

The jersey Verlander wore yesterday is available for $2K. The price is really high to me, but if you collect Verlander the opportunity and provenance is outstanding.

MLB_Authentic
05-03-2010, 05:57 PM
The Twins do sell their stuff. They have 4 outlets in the Twin Cities Metro Area. They dont however tell you when stuff will arrive there. Its all luck of the draw.

skyking26
05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
The Twins do sell their stuff. They have 4 outlets in the Twin Cities Metro Area. They dont however tell you when stuff will arrive there. Its all luck of the draw.
That sucks! I will say Marc keeps everyone informed daily all year pretty much about stuff available... Tigers used to be one of the toughest to get anything from; now probably the easiest.

kirkb
05-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Marc H is first class all the way in my opinion. One example. I attended the Aug 5 Det/Balt game last year. Det won 4-2. I bought the lineupcard right at the park at his table. He told me to wait after the game and he'd get it from the dugout. We waited a long time and he showed up without it. Said he would mail it. I received it custom framed and matted a couple weeks later. It is just incredible the amount of material the Tigers are making available. I got the stadium pitching rubber from last year lol.
If someone wants a MTwins ball from Target, I'm sure Marc will try to get you one if you put in a request. Probably around $50.

OaklandAsFan
05-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Does Marc work for the Tigers or does he run a company that purchases the stuff from the Tigers and then sells them at a store in the stadium?

Larry Pelliccioni
05-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Marc works directly for the Tigers and as others have said so eloquently, he is a very decent, great person to deal with.
Larry Pelliccioni