PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Kirby Puckett Game Used Road Jersey Minn Twins

flightposite
05-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Wondering if anyone can find anything matching this jersey, 370373267091, i've tried the last few days and have come up empty. I don't know too much, but have heard that this year was an extremely bad year for fake Puckett's, is there any truth to this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm don't know a lot about this industry. Thanks.

Lokee
05-05-2010, 06:08 PM
The seller just listed alot of Puckett's personal items.

hof collector
05-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Just because there are Puckett personal items doesn't necessarily mean that everything is legit.

Consider this...

I tried photo matching that jersey with over 200 photos from 1992. Between cards, 8x10's, postcards, newspaper clippings and CANNOT find that jersey in any of them. If there were 4 road sets and 4 home sets used, i saw 4 significantly different road jerseys based on the criteria below and NONE of the matched. You would think that this being set 2 that it would have showed up in at least ONE of those 200 photos.

The primary thing i focused on was "34" on front. Definately more bold than "Minnesota". Also the spacing was off. They were much closer together than any of the photos showed of the 92's. But i followed the pinstrips in relation to where they met "34" as well as the pinstripe centered on the buttons and counting pinstripes to the "34", still no matches.

Some photos i have only showed the back. So the one give away there was the name "Puckett". On EVERY photo of his the name backer extends past The "P" to the left and "T" to the right by a couple inches and ends at the same angle as the lettering, just further away and covering up more pinstripes. This jersey has the name backer ending exactly at the end of the letters.

After researching photos of other 92 russell MLB jerseys, most of them have the year and set on the tail.

One other note:

If you browse the net, this jersey has been turned over and sold numerous times. Why are people winning it, then reselling it? Perhaps they ran into some authentication problems? I saw it posted with a Grey Flannel cert. That doesn’t speak much for me.

Lokee
05-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Just because there are Puckett personal items doesn't necessarily mean that everything is legit.

To be real honest I never commented on the jersey being "legit". I simply stated he had listed alot of Kirby's personal items.

sox83cubs84
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
hof collector:

I'm not passing judgment on this particular jersey, but FTR, 1992 Twins Russell gamers were strip tagged in the collar (as was the case til around 1999), and I have seen Puckett gamers from that year as high as set 6.

Dave M.
Chicago area

flightposite
05-08-2010, 02:30 AM

Consider this...

I tried photo matching that jersey with over 200 photos from 1992. Between cards, 8x10's, postcards, newspaper clippings and CANNOT find that jersey in any of them. If there were 4 road sets and 4 home sets used, i saw 4 significantly different road jerseys based on the criteria below and NONE of the matched. You would think that this being set 2 that it would have showed up in at least ONE of those 200 photos.

The primary thing i focused on was "34" on front. Definately more bold than "Minnesota". Also the spacing was off. They were much closer together than any of the photos showed of the 92's. But i followed the pinstrips in relation to where they met "34" as well as the pinstripe centered on the buttons and counting pinstripes to the "34", still no matches.

Some photos i have only showed the back. So the one give away there was the name "Puckett". On EVERY photo of his the name backer extends past The "P" to the left and "T" to the right by a couple inches and ends at the same angle as the lettering, just further away and covering up more pinstripes. This jersey has the name backer ending exactly at the end of the letters.

After researching photos of other 92 russell MLB jerseys, most of them have the year and set on the tail.

One other note:

If you browse the net, this jersey has been turned over and sold numerous times. Why are people winning it, then reselling it? Perhaps they ran into some authentication problems? I saw it posted with a Grey Flannel cert. That doesn’t speak much for me.

I for sure no expert, so I pose the question to you, what about the jersey he's wearing in this card...

sox83cubs84
05-10-2010, 11:20 AM
It may very well have been legit. The collar tag looks right, as does the tail tag, the size, and the wear on the 100% Poly tag. I'd say the only way it isn't would be, as one previous poster had offered, that the number and NOB were added after the fact, and that's hard to determine 100% from a photo...I'd want to see the inside applique before I would agree.

Dave M.
Chicago areaa