PDA

View Full Version : Keep away from this Eddie George helmet

Blitzmaster
05-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Selleron-the-third-day, has a derrick Brooks "gamer" (auction #110526427464) and an Eddie George "gamer" (auction #110526402612) on Ebay. When I questioned him about the Eddie George helmet having a High-mount chinstap, here was my reply:

"you have no clue at all....sorry you dont know...i do not have to explain items that came straight from players like this....go play somewhere else"

Sounds like he has nothing to hide at all. Also, the derrick Brooks gamer is a riddell VSR3. I cannot find Brooks ever wearing anything but a Bike......Hmmmmm.

pacman2680
05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Steer clear of this guy, I was inquiring about the Reggie Roby jersey.
The guy has no clue, he completely deflected my questions and just keeps stating they're authentic. I know there's some big holes in the claims he makes.

ivo610
05-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I tend to avoid sellers that put god bless on their auction.

Vikingshelmetguy
05-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't collect Bucs or Oilers helmets, and am not schooled what to look for for when I see helmets from these teams, so at first sight these two helmets looked like they may be legit. But then, out of curiosity, I did a search for photos of Derrick Brooks and I could not find any photos of him wearing a helmet like the one up for auction. Perhaps it is a real Bucs game used helmet, but I am not so sure it was Derrick Brooks' helmet... The Brooks auction just ended and it looks like someone just spent $300+ on that helmet.

hockeytigers
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Pacman2680, Just curious...what makes you doubt the Roby jerseys?

pacman2680
05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
What made me suspicious was the niners jersey,
you can see that the number 4 on the front seems poorly
aligned. If you check any photos of Reggie with the niners,
you will see the vertical line of the 4 is aligned with the nfl shield.
Secondly, the sleeves don't match up to what Reggie wore that year.
The reebok logo is placed to high up. Check his images with the niners and you will see. As far as the Oilers jersey, I haven't really detected anything there, there just isn't enough photos of him in 96 to compare.
I am still however skeptical they were probably issued and never worn, or
issued and customized.

solarlottry
05-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I tried to photomatch the Roby 49ers shirt to his getty images (all 2 of them) from the 1998 season. Both shirts dont match although one is fairly close. One has totally different sleeves whereas the other appears to have longer or sleeves with an elastic band. The inside tag actually resembles tagging from that season but without a match on the sleeves i wont be bidding anymore. I had bid on it but was outbid so maybe i got lucky!

Always looking for 49ers shirts especially a John Taylor or Brent Jones-will pay $$$$$ for those 2!