PDA

View Full Version : LT arrested for raping 15 year old

legaleagle92481
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Here is the story:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/former_giants_star_lawrence_taylor_OdGWbrl8J7BXSeJ iGkKIFN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

In New York 17 is the age of consent when one party is over 21 so it is rape whether or not he forced her. I wonder why guys who played in the NFL keep getting in such serious trouble and guys who play in other sports do not. Its not upbringing or race because alot of MLB and NBA players are from poverty and single parent homes and are from minority groups. Is it because the game is so violent that they do not know how to leave it on the field? LT was probably the greatest defensive player ever so this is just crazy.

STLHAMMER32
05-06-2010, 11:02 AM
since when was it primarily nfl? I can think of several instances of MLB and NBA guys getting in trouble......in fact the biggest name in basketball, kobe, was accused of rape a couple of years ago. With sports in general no matter what league, guys are thrown money, status and have people around them looking to get a piece of them anyway possible. In bars, players are approached by some tough guy wanting to make a scene and showoff or are looking to sue. These guys put themselves in the wrong places and attract the wrong attention most of the time.

Danny899
05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Here is the story:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/former_giants_star_lawrence_taylor_OdGWbrl8J7BXSeJ iGkKIFN?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

I wonder why guys who played in the NFL keep getting in such serious trouble and guys who play in other sports do not. Its not upbringing or race because alot of MLB and NBA players are from poverty and single parent homes and are from minority groups. Is it because the game is so violent that they do not know how to leave it on the field? LT was probably the greatest defensive player ever so this is just crazy.

You really think that it's only NFL guys that are getting jammed up? Didn't Kobe have an issue awhile back? I think the golf world was recently shaken up a tiny bit also. Kirby Puckett, Boggs etc. Even if they are not initially charged with a crime or any non indictable offense, it unfortunately carries a stigmatism with it.

legaleagle92481
05-06-2010, 02:24 PM
You really think that it's only NFL guys that are getting jammed up? Didn't Kobe have an issue awhile back? I think the golf world was recently shaken up a tiny bit also. Kirby Puckett, Boggs etc. Even if they are not initially charged with a crime or any non indictable offense, it unfortunately carries a stigmatism with it.

What I meant was the NFL guys get jammed up with the more serious stuff. Rae Carruth is in prision for his involvement in a murder. OJ is in prision for robbery and had a murder trial. The Vikings had that whole love boat thing with McKinnie, etc. Leonard Little had a fatal DWI then had a second DWI after that. Donte Stallworth had a fatal DWI. Maurice Clarrett is in prision for I believe armed robbery. Cecil Collins is serving a 15 year jail term. Plaxico went from super bowl game winning td to prision on gun charges. Michael Vick went to jail for dog fighting. Mark Ingram is in federal prision for a long term. Barret Robbins was charged with attempted murder and shot by police. Nate Newton is in jail for drug smuggling. Mark Chumra was arrested for having sex with a minor. Big Ben has had his issues. Ray Lewis was arrested for murder and witnessed his friends brutally kill two men. Lawerence Phillips had issue after issue. Jim Brown considered by many to be the best ever was accussed of rape twice.Michael Irvin had issue after issue. Brandon Marshall has past domestic violence issues as does Stephen Jackson. These are just a few examples.

The other sports its much, much less. And no I don't count adultery like Boggs and Tiger committed as a crime.

STLHAMMER32
05-06-2010, 02:42 PM
For the NBA alone.....

Jayson Williams....murder...Kobe accused of rape...Allen Iverson, drug and firearm possession....vincent askew, accused of raping 16 year old, Isaiah Rider assualt on gf with 3 kids in car, drug charge. lonny baxter arrested for firing shots out of car near white house, Dennis Rodman....domestic violence among others. Alvin Robertson, sex trafficking of a 14 year old. Antoine Walker DUI. Corey Blount, drug trafficking (29 lbs of pot). Charles Barkeley DUI. Bryon Houston, indecent exposure for masturbating in front of woman. Shawne williams, manufacturing and selling drugs. Gilbert Arenas, pulled firearm in lockerroom.Keon Clark, drug and weapons charge. Kirk Snyder, aggravated burglary and assault charges. Delonte West, weapon charges

There is plenty more but I am sick of writing.

skyking26
05-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Just another sports star doing what most would get serious prison time for. They think they are above the law.

gingi79
05-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Not speaking as to whether LT did it or not. Frankly, nothing pro athletes do today surprises me. But the world is also full of lying scumbags who cry wolf.

Women fight the stigma that non-consensual sex isn't always taken seriously and many fear coming forward. If he did it, then good for her standing up and confronting him.

If not, what a horrible thing to do to LT and even worse, yet another awful money grubbing douchebag thing to do against women everywhere. If this turns into the Duke LAX scandal again, it makes people skeptical of every woman who is actually attacked.

As a teacher, I am ill when I hear children are touched. I work with them everyday to the point where they become my own kids. I can not even fathom any 16 I know being violated. I realize girls today look much older but how grown men find teenagers sexually exciting has always perplexed me. Ever since high school I've been more of a MILF fan than a "daughter" fan though so maybe it's just me.

Either way, I hope this girl gets the help and support she needs. If he's innocent than I hope LT gets vindicated and this is quickly forgotten. If not.....I'm resigning my respect for him.

eb31
05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
There goes his sterling reputation. /sarcasm

legaleagle92481
05-10-2010, 08:52 AM
For the NBA alone.....

Jayson Williams....murder...Kobe accused of rape...Allen Iverson, drug and firearm possession....vincent askew, accused of raping 16 year old, Isaiah Rider assualt on gf with 3 kids in car, drug charge. lonny baxter arrested for firing shots out of car near white house, Dennis Rodman....domestic violence among others. Alvin Robertson, sex trafficking of a 14 year old. Antoine Walker DUI. Corey Blount, drug trafficking (29 lbs of pot). Charles Barkeley DUI. Bryon Houston, indecent exposure for masturbating in front of woman. Shawne williams, manufacturing and selling drugs. Gilbert Arenas, pulled firearm in lockerroom.Keon Clark, drug and weapons charge. Kirk Snyder, aggravated burglary and assault charges. Delonte West, weapon charges

There is plenty more but I am sick of writing.

I was not saying that other sports do not have issues my point was that the NFL has alot more. You go through most NBA or MLB rosters and you will not find a player who has been in trouble with the law. In the NFL one would be hardpressed to find a team where at least two or three key players have not been. Take the Jets 6 out of 22 starters have been or the Bengals (half the team seemingly has been). Even well regarded class organizations like the Steelers (three starters and the kicker from most recent Super Bowl team in trouble with the law in the year and three months since then) and Giants (three key players with legal problems).

legaleagle92481
05-12-2010, 11:45 PM
this story has taken a twist and it looks like lt will get out of it.

cohibasmoker
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
They are just criminals who happened to or are playing a Professional sports - that's all.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net