PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Italy!!!

ChrisCavalier
07-09-2006, 06:16 PM
E veramente un giorno meraviglioso per Italia!!

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/index.html

BTW, has anyone had any experiences collecting soccer (or should I say 'futbol') memorabilia?

Grazie mille anticipato per le vostre risposte.

-Cristoforo Cavaliere

sportscentury
07-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Forza Italia!!!!

MSpecht
07-10-2006, 01:37 AM
Hi Chris--
Here you go, with my compliments !!!
Mike

Mike Grueber
07-10-2006, 07:38 AM
Chris,

I had a collection of nearly 200 match-worn NASL, MISL, and international soccer jerseys, which I sold of in 2005. The collection included jerseys from every NASL team that played from 1978-1984 and every MISL team. It also included national team jerseys from the United States, Canada, Holland, and Yugoslavia.

My collection included jerseys from almost all of the big international stars that played in the NASL, including Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto, Johan Cruyff, and George Best.

I began the collection in 1978 and actively collected until the late 1980s. After letting the jerseys sit in my closet for nearly 15 years, I made the decision to sell the collection to finance the purchase of another large collection of game-worn Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys.

While enjoying putting together the collection, I don't have any regrets about selling it.

Mike Grueber

JimCaravello
07-10-2006, 10:43 AM
Gli italiani non possono giocare il baseball, ma possono giocare certamente il calcio!! Congrads!!

ChrisCavalier
07-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Chris,

I had a collection of nearly 200 match-worn NASL, MISL, and international soccer jerseys, which I sold of in 2005. The collection included jerseys from every NASL team that played from 1978-1984 and every MISL team. It also included national team jerseys from the United States, Canada, Holland, and Yugoslavia.

My collection included jerseys from almost all of the big international stars that played in the NASL, including Pele, Franz Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto, Johan Cruyff, and George Best.

I began the collection in 1978 and actively collected until the late 1980s. After letting the jerseys sit in my closet for nearly 15 years, I made the decision to sell the collection to finance the purchase of another large collection of game-worn Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys.

While enjoying putting together the collection, I don't have any regrets about selling it.
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply. A couple of follow-up questions...

1) From your experience, does soccer memorabilia garner anywhere near the values achieved by their American counterparts?
2) When you sold your collection did you attempt to expose it internationally or did you only explore options in the US?
3) Were you looking to purchase the Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys from US sources at the time or international ones?
4) Were you able to get the hockey jerseys you were looking for (if so, the collection sounds pretty awesome)?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sincerely,
Chris

Mike Grueber
07-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Chris,

Please allow me to answer your questions:

(1) I sold the soccer jerseys for an average of about $450 each, which isn't too bad considering that I paid $35 - $50 each for most of them back in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

The big name players sold for $2000-$3000 each, with the exception of the Pele jersey (which I kept). Interestingly enough, I could have sold the jerseys from the big name players many times over. This suggests that the market price for those jerseys was probably more than I realized from the sale.

(2) I sold the entire collection in about three months. I sold almost all of the jerseys via eBay, or a result of exposure garnered from my postings on eBay. More than half of the jerseys were sold to collectors in Europe.

There is a small, but growing, community of match-worn soccer jersey collectors in Europe, South America, and Asia. As disposable income grows in other parts of the world, I expect this trend to continue.

(3) The Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys that I purchased were part of a large collection owned by a long-time collector from Germany. Aside from my own collection, I believe that this collector had the largest collection of game-worn international hockey jersey.

(4) The collection of Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys included several specific jerseys that I have been seeking for many years, as well as some extremely rare vintage jerseys (including some made of wool).

I was extremely happy to have the opportunity to purchase the collection. I probably would not have sold my soccer jerseys if the opportunity to purchase the Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys had not presented itself.

Mike Grueber

ChrisCavalier
07-10-2006, 06:05 PM
(3) The Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys that I purchased were part of a large collection owned by a long-time collector from Germany. Aside from my own collection, I believe that this collector had the largest collection of game-worn international hockey jersey.

(4) The collection of Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys included several specific jerseys that I have been seeking for many years, as well as some extremely rare vintage jerseys (including some made of wool).

I was extremely happy to have the opportunity to purchase the collection. I probably would not have sold my soccer jerseys if the opportunity to purchase the Soviet/Russian hockey jerseys had not presented itself.
Hello Mike,

Thank you for your replies. Maybe someday you can post a few images on the forum, or in the 'Hobby Network' section of the site, so we can have a glimpse of what must be a tremendous collection.

Thanks again,
Chris

Stoner
03-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Looking for original Edmonton Drillers Jersey and having no luck. Mike I believe we've spoken already and hope someone else can help.

Thanks from serious buyers.

suave1477
03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Futbol????? is not a real sport lol lol:D

Just Kidding - Congratulations Chris!!