PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Corner Ted Wms WWII Jersey

earlywynnfan
05-12-2010, 10:43 AM
I know nobody here admits to perusing Coach's Corner's auctions, but just for the record:

Lot 10 is a WWII era Cherry Point Marine corps jersey, #9. They hint that it could possibly be Ted's, although there is no way of knowing for sure. While I would give my left, uh, arm to own Ted's WWII BB jersey, I can say for sure that this isn't his jersey. He wasn't stationed at Cherry Point until the Korean war. I will contact CC and Ted Taylor tonight after work. It'll be interesting to hear what they say.

Just in case anyone's looking.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

legaleagle92481
05-12-2010, 12:04 PM
I know nobody here admits to perusing Coach's Corner's auctions, but just for the record:

Lot 10 is a WWII era Cherry Point Marine corps jersey, #9. They hint that it could possibly be Ted's, although there is no way of knowing for sure. While I would give my left, uh, arm to own Ted's WWII BB jersey, I can say for sure that this isn't his jersey. He wasn't stationed at Cherry Point until the Korean war. I will contact CC and Ted Taylor tonight after work. It'll be interesting to hear what they say.

Just in case anyone's looking.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Ken, its coaches corner i would expect them to keep it in the auction no matter what as if they pulled every fake or questionable item from their auctions they would be auctioning very little. The prices they realize are so low on average and their rep is so bad that to consign a valuable item to them one would have to be crazy. Most of their consignments seem to be what other auction houses are not fooled by and refuse to take.

sox83cubs84
05-12-2010, 03:14 PM
legaleagle:

I concur 100% with your thoughts. What I've never been able to figure out was how a stand-up hobby guy for over 30 years like Ted Taylor would associate himself with this scam-ridden auction house. Ted, you have greatly disappointed me!

Dave Miedema

ironmanfan
05-12-2010, 06:00 PM
legaleagle:

I concur 100% with your thoughts. What I've never been able to figure out was how a stand-up hobby guy for over 30 years like Ted Taylor would associate himself with this scam-ridden auction house. Ted, you have greatly disappointed me!

Dave Miedema

Whatever reputation in the hobby he had, has been ruined with the both the formation of STAT and aligning himself with Coaches Corner...

sad really...

David
05-12-2010, 11:14 PM
I remember they had a currency bill 'signed' by Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, even though the bill was issued after their deaths (could tell by name of secretary of treasury etc). Someone on this board pointed this fact out to the auction house and the lot was never pulled.

In other words, good luck at getting suspect lots pulled.