PDA

View Full Version : Criag Biggio MLB Authenticated Hit Baseball

pujolsisdaman
05-12-2010, 12:22 PM
I was wondering if any collector might know the value of a Craig Biggio MLB Authenticated Hit baseball from 2007. I believe it's hit 2938 and is hologramed by MLB. I have never seen a Biggio hit ball on the market. Any help would be appreciated.

pujolsisdaman
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Can someone please give me an idea of what this might be worth?

LastingsMilledge85
05-15-2010, 08:05 PM
It's worth what you paid.

pujolsisdaman
05-15-2010, 08:10 PM
It was given to me by my cousin. I am trying to find a value for it. I would like to trade for a Pujols item.

kylehess10
05-15-2010, 09:13 PM
IMHO I don't think you could get anything over $100 for it. GU baseballs have flooded the market in the past few years so they're more sentimental value to some than to a collector, unless you could find someone who really needs a Biggio hit ball.

If it were say maybe hit number 2995 or a closer number to 3000 then you'd probably get more than that.

pujolsisdaman
05-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Thank you Kyle. I have tried to find some on ebay for reference, and have had no luck. I wonder if there is a Pujols one out there? I'd pay $100 for one of those.

pujolsisdaman
05-15-2010, 10:42 PM
For baseballs being flooded everywhere, I cannot find any hot balls on ebay, or mlb.com auctions. I guess they are worthless, if anyone wants the Biggio for $75 let me know?
Thanks,
Jeffrey

tigerhidden
05-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Pujolsisdaman,

Email me at goastros@verizon.net, I have a couple questions. Thanks

eGameUsed
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Pujols,

I would be very interested in the baseball and pay a decent price for it.

Thanks,

legaleagle92481
05-16-2010, 10:02 AM
imo you have a very unique item and i wouldnt be quick to sell it cheap. yes gu balls have flooded the market and balls used in say a random royals game are pretty worthless but some balls do have alot of value. balls from no hitters sell often for over 500 bucks. homer balls sell for 200 plus for common players. playoff, allstar and world series balls sell for 100s. unlike bats and jerseys baseballs cannot be photomatched so having an mlb authentic one makes it worth a premium because otherwise it is very hard if not impossible to prove it is what someone claims it to be. how many nodoubt about it biggio hit baseballs are out there? you probably have one of the only ones. biggio being a 3,000 hit club member hits are what will get him into the hall so it is a very desirable and rare item. foul balls autheticated and hit by stars can go for a few hundred even. so i would place it in that range. it is truly a piece of history as it was one of the hits on the road to 3,000.

pujolsisdaman
05-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I have decided to keep this ball! Thank you all for your honesty and making sure I get the best price for the ball. Mr. Hess must not collect "MLB AUTHENTICATED HIT BALLS" therefor they have no value. I was shocked to hear from him that the market was flooded, considering I could not find one MLB HIT BALL other than a Jeter WS HIT ball for $3499.00 anywhere on Ebay or MLB.COM. Thank you and have a great rest of ther weekend!!

LastingsMilledge85
05-16-2010, 01:53 PM
I'm more inclined to side with Kyle on this becase if you look you will find MLB holo balls. The random ones with value are the balls with a special logo on it. I got a Nats 2005 GU holo ball and found one the day I searched despite the fact that they are considered rare and some people will pay a nice price for because of the uniqueness in the ball. IMO some people may pay more for that than the Biggio ball even though a Biggio ball carries more value than a 2005 Nats ball. It depends on the buyer and seller. Personally, I wouldn't even want a GU ball as a have several and feel that's more than enough.

yanks12025
05-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I would think a hit ball from a future hofer would be worth more than $75 or so. I own a ball hit by Mark texiera for a triple and its worth more than $75.

LastingsMilledge85
05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately, my ball isn't from the opening game, but you can be that a ball from the first ever Nats game at RFK is worth much more than the Biggio ball you have.

MLB_Authentic
05-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Everyone is going to have a different opinion of what its worth. The only true way to find out its value is to put it on ebay with a .99 opening bid with no reserve and let people bid. In my opinion, it would probably go for $86.79 + shipping.

STLHAMMER32
05-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I saw an mlb authenticated baseball that was a base hit by Albert Pujols against philly on ebay sell for $86 and then the buyer relisted it and sold for a little over $200. Baseball's documented through Mlb as actual hits are very rare but just because they are rare does not make them extremely valuable. To the right collector anything can sell for a huge price... it just takes two people who really want something to drive an auction price through the roof but in general the GU baseballs don't have a very large market from what I have seen

indyred
05-19-2010, 02:15 PM
That Biggio ball is worth a lot if the MLB authentication attributes it to a hit. Biggio game used stuff in general is very rare and he is popular first ballot HOF player. I've never seen a hit authenticated ball from him ever for sale. I bet Biggio kept most of the ones on road to 3,000. Very nice ball to have.