PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Guererro 1st HR bat of 2010 "I dont think so!"

gameused
05-13-2010, 10:59 PM
eBay seller g3clippers is auctioning a dark brown Phoenix bat that is signed as a Vladimir Guerrero 1st HR bat, the bat is MLB authenticated as being broken on April 7th, 2010 http://cgi.ebay.com/VLADIMIR-GUERRERO-SIGNED-USED-1ST-HOME-RUN-TEXAS-BAT-/390194844132?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad96cd1e4

I checked mlb tv and Vlad was using a blonde bat when he hit his 1st HR in the 4th inning on April 7th, he used a dark brown Phoenix bat and cracked it on a weak infield ground out in the 8th inning.

Here's a video link to Vlad's 1st HR as a Texas Ranger: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=7311305&query=%26game_pk%3D263842

Buyer beware as these are the same guys that have tried to sell a forged 2007 home run derby bat in the past and when confronted with solid proof, denied any wrong doing:confused:

Just wanted to pass this along as I know there are several Vlad collectors on the forum.

Bobby

gorilla777
05-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Nice work - hopefully it saves a buyer or two out there

Ben

JMJ24
05-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Nice catch Bobby. Do you think the Hr #1 was written by Vlad or added later? I thought Vlad wasn't noting his Hr bats anymore.

Jeremy

legaleagle92481
05-14-2010, 12:16 AM
the handwriting appears to be different between the sig and the inscription.

gameused
05-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Nice catch Bobby. Do you think the Hr #1 was written by Vlad or added later? I thought Vlad wasn't noting his Hr bats anymore.

Jeremy

Jeremy,

I think Vlad just signs all of his cracked GU bats and one of his boys pens in the HR notation.

I'm always skeptical when it comes to HR bats, I have seen mistakes with a more than a few Arod HR notated bats and now this Vlad bat.

Without a solid photo match to the actual HR at bat, I would just stay clear of these bats and the seller g3clippers.

Bobby

gameused
05-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Forgot to metion thats he's offering the following on his eBay listing:

GUARANTEED TO PASS PSA/DNA OR JSA OR DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Quick way to make $1900:eek:

jobathenut
05-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Game used-Nice catch on this.Not sure if i would have the guts to call someone out like this.There is alot of crazies in the world.Are'nt you ever scared someone might take this personal and sue you or something.

gameused
05-14-2010, 04:23 AM
Game used-Nice catch on this.Not sure if i would have the guts to call someone out like this.There is alot of crazies in the world.Are'nt you ever scared someone might take this personal and sue you or something.

Joba,

Just trying to chip in and clean up this hobby we all enjoy. That's what this forum is all about, helping out fellow collectors and sharing information. I enjoy exposing the crooked individuals that take advantage of unsuspected buyers, eventually it will all catch up with them and their business will suffer.

Honesty is the best policy in this business and these eBay sellers, dealers and auction houses that offer game used items should do their homework first and be 100% sure the items they sell are exactly what they advertise.

Thanks,
Bobby

legaleagle92481
05-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Forgot to metion thats he's offering the following on his eBay listing:

GUARANTEED TO PASS PSA/DNA OR JSA OR DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Quick way to make $1900:eek:

Good luck collecting it from him. Plus Psa or Jsa very well may pass it as we all know they have a tendency to make mistakes.

OaklandAsFan
05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Those companies only judge it to be used or not by the player if I am not mistaken so they could beat you on a loophole could they not. Its obvious that Vlad used this bat as seen by the stills, just not the bat he used to hit the HR.

3arod13
05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
The seller is aware of this thread. Interested to see what he does about it.

Almost makes it that everything needs to be photomatched or videomatched to prove it's authentic!

Regards, Tony

3arod13
05-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Bobby,

Super job! It took me a long time to prove that my Rawlings Arod bat wasn't the HR #15 it was claimed to be, due to the fact I had to track down two different game videos from 1996, but determination paid off.

Super job!

Regards, Tony

justinbittner220
05-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I've been watching this bat myself, on ebaby, and I questioned the handwriting issue as soon as I saw it. I also went back to check which bat he was using when he went deep. If I'm going to drop that kind of money, it better be what it says it is...

I'm glad there are other people out there that are honest and willing to go out of their way to warn others about fraud and misleading items. If anyone wants to sell me a real Vlad homerun bat, email me :)

LastingsMilledge85
05-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Why would they lie about the description of the bat and then take a nice picture of the holo so that it can easily be looked up? That I don't understand. If you want to scam somebody, then shouldn't you not make it easy to be caught by posting a picture proving that you are scamming someone?

BergerKing22784
05-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I think its safe that a good # of people wouldnt do the research to see or not. They see the MLB Hologram and would assume its what it states to be and call it a day. Had this been someone I collected and had the money I might be one to jump on it without looking into it.

3arod13
05-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I emailed the seller stating I'm interested to see what he does with his auction after the solid proof Bobby has provided. This was his response (assumed I was Bobby):

"Bobby you must hate that we get game used bats from players and then make lots of money reselling them. Are you still slaving taking luggage to the rooms and making tips, I can see how that would make you like this. We have sold over 50 bats and only one return, add it up $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thanks for helping me on the bat, I just made my site allott better for buyers."

Guess he answered my question.

Regards, Tony

gorilla777
05-14-2010, 08:17 PM
I emailed the seller stating I'm interested to see what he does with his auction after the solid proof Bobby has provided. This was his response (assumed I was Bobby):

"Bobby you must hate that we get game used bats from players and then make lots of money reselling them. Are you still slaving taking luggage to the rooms and making tips, I can see how that would make you like this. We have sold over 50 bats and only one return, add it up $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thanks for helping me on the bat, I just made my site allott better for buyers."

Guess he answered my question.

Regards, Tony

That seller is a real class act:rolleyes:

gameused
05-14-2010, 08:40 PM
That's pretty hillarious, you can tell that he's not the brightest guy on the planet and for some reason he thinks I'm a bellman:rolleyes:

Bobby

lovegameused
05-14-2010, 11:42 PM
People I have boughten 5-6 bats from this seller with no problems. Everybody can make a mistake, but till you have proof how can you say all these negative things about this seller. All my Vladimir bats have passed game used authentication (Lou Lampson, Psa and Jsa). I would not blame the seller I would blame the buyer for not doing there homework.:)

lovegameused
05-14-2010, 11:49 PM
If you read the description the seller is saying "that the bat was used in the game where Vlad hit his 1st home run. I have boughten a couple HR bats from this seller and both have passed authentication and I have done relentless research before I bought both bats. Don't blame the seller blame the buyer. I don't want this guy to go anywhere because I love Vladimir and this seller sells great bats.
"GO VLADIMIR WE LOVE YOU" :p

LWMM
05-15-2010, 01:26 AM
If you read the description the seller is saying "that the bat was used in the game where Vlad hit his 1st home run. I have boughten a couple HR bats from this seller and both have passed authentication and I have done relentless research before I bought both bats. Don't blame the seller blame the buyer. I don't want this guy to go anywhere because I love Vladimir and this seller sells great bats.

The description has been changed a dozen (literally!) times since the 12th, and I think that was added in later. If he has admitted that the bat was not used for the homerun, why is the bat inscribed otherwise?

jobathenut
05-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Hey don't get me wrong "game used" i am with you.I am just asking if you ever think of that kind of thing when you post things like this on here.I remember awhile ago on here.There was a poster tha said a person from a auction house had tracked him down and went to the guys house because of things he said on here.And also have read peole getting lawsuits for slander for things they have said on here.I totally agree with all you said.I am just saying sometimes people can things said on here very personal.Keep up the great work,as i have great respect for you as i don't think i could do it.
Joba,

Just trying to chip in and clean up this hobby we all enjoy. That's what this forum is all about, helping out fellow collectors and sharing information. I enjoy exposing the crooked individuals that take advantage of unsuspected buyers, eventually it will all catch up with them and their business will suffer.

Honesty is the best policy in this business and these eBay sellers, dealers and auction houses that offer game used items should do their homework first and be 100% sure the items they sell are exactly what they advertise.

Thanks,
Bobby

5kRunner
05-15-2010, 10:18 AM

Please leave. If this is the attitude you have, I for one don't want you here. The seller obviously doctors bats. This isn't the first bat from this seller Bobby has brought to the forums attention. For you to blame the buyer is simply redickulous.

legaleagle92481
05-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey don't get me wrong "game used" i am with you.I am just asking if you ever think of that kind of thing when you post things like this on here.I remember awhile ago on here.There was a poster tha said a person from a auction house had tracked him down and went to the guys house because of things he said on here.And also have read peole getting lawsuits for slander for things they have said on here.I totally agree with all you said.I am just saying sometimes people can things said on here very personal.Keep up the great work,as i have great respect for you as i don't think i could do it.

Truth is an absolute defense to the two forms of defamation: slander or libel. in other words if you speak the truth you cannot defame anyone.
In this case the photos bobby posted clearly show the bat was not used for the homerun so he is speaking the truth and a lawsuit would be dismissed. Opinions also cannot constitute defamation. so opining that something is fake is not defamation as well. as for the house story i was not a member then but i saw an old thread with steve mears talking about that and it turned out to be a misunderstanding and not the auction house who went to his house.

lovegameused
05-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I punched up the major league hologram on the bat, Vladimir Guerrero did hit a homerun the same day this bat was stickered by MLB. Do you think it could of been inscribed accidently????? All i can tell you is I have never had one problem with this seller, and it looks like you guys are looking for anything to slander this seller. What about all the bats he has sold throughout the years that where authentic. Are you guys being a little hard on this seller, the bat was used the same day he hit his 1st homerun.
I have read the description and the seller has corrected the description. The bat was used the same day he his his home run. I would totally understand if Vlad did not hit a homerun that game, then you could say he was misleading buyers. There are rip off's intentionally trying to rip people off on e-bay you guys should be looking for them. :p

GO VLADIMIR WE LOVE YOU

lovegameused
05-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Don't you think you are being a little hard on this seller. This guy is good friends with Vladimir Guerrero and it sounds like you don't even want to help the seller, it sounds like you want to excute him. Most sellers on E-bay don't even know the player they are trying to sell. Help the seller so we can keep buying Vladimir Guerrero game used bats.
GO BIG VLADDY!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

tbone90
05-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Just my two cents but I purchased a bat from this individual previously. My advice - RUN! After some time I was finally able to be refunded through the Paypal dispute resolution process.

Sure he changed the description...AFTER he found out knowledgeable collectors were on to how he was trying to deceive and rip someone off and called him on it. So changing the description makes what he was trying to get away with ok? I don't think so...

Great job and thanks for passing this along for everyone Bobby!

LWMM
05-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Don't you think you are being a little hard on this seller. This guy is good friends with Vladimir Guerrero and it sounds like you don't even want to help the seller, it sounds like you want to excute him. Most sellers on E-bay don't even know the player they are trying to sell. Help the seller so we can keep buying Vladimir Guerrero game used bats.

Two other threads worth reading:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15955

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=16347

But I can't help being reminded of this article (the part about manipulation on page 2) :p:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/08/world/asia/08censor.html?pagewanted=2

pujols2001fan
05-15-2010, 12:48 PM
I've been watching this site for quite a few months now and I can't keep my mouth shut anymore. All I see is a bunch of people that are out to ruin sellers. Just because you guys are SENIOR MEMBERS does not mean you guys are JUDGE AND JURY. It seems to me there is a little bit of jealousy going on. There's a bunch of people on this site that don't have anything else better to do but ruin reputations. I will keep buying bats from q3clippers they sell the best Vladimir Guerrero bats, it may not be the actual hr bat but it is still a vlad game used bat. Answer these question's 1. Did Vladimir Guerrero use the bat the day he hit his first home run?
2. Did MLB authenticate the bat?
3. Is it a game used bat from Vlad?
Stop harrassing this member before he stops selling bats.

platinum1
05-15-2010, 12:49 PM
It sounds like your the seller of these bats.
Can someone check the name of lovegameused.
A big Vlad collector that just happend to find this site when an item came to question :rolleyes:

platinum1
05-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I've been watching this site for quite a few months now and I can't keep my mouth shut anymore. All I see is a bunch of people that are out to ruin sellers. Just because you guys are SENIOR MEMBERS does not mean you guys are JUDGE AND JURY. It seems to me there is a little bit of jealousy going on. There's a bunch of people on this site that don't have anything else better to do but ruin reputations. I will keep buying bats from q3clippers they sell the best Vladimir Guerrero bats, it may not be the actual hr bat but it is still a vlad game used bat. Answer these question's 1. Did Vladimir Guerrero use the bat the day he hit his first home run?
The issue is not if the bat was used by Vlad.
The issue is this is not the bat used by Vlad to hit his 1st Home Run as a Ranger.
Many collectors are here to help other collectors.
The only thing that the orginal poster was trying to do was help out other collectors

lovegameused
05-15-2010, 01:08 PM
You are paranoid I am buyer and a big fan of Vladimir Guerrero. It seems to me you are hating on q3clippers instead of helping the situation. Listen to your words there's no concern about helping buyers but it sounds like you are out to destroy.
Thanks Ana

GO VLADIMIR WE LOVE YOU

3arod13
05-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Just received this email from the seller: I have Talked to the family and told them no more #HR inscription, they saw the MLB hologram and looked up his stats for that day and saw that he did hit a home run, so they wrote home run on the bat. They are not experts and are not trying to mislead anyone. This is Vladimr's family trying to make some money for them selves this will be the last time any bat will have a HR inscription. I have perfect feedback on E-bay for a reason, I hope you can understand. Thanks for your time.

Bottom line, the bat wasn't used to hit HR #1. Great job Bobby!!!

Regards, Tony

5kRunner
05-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Like Platinum said. This site is here to help collectors. If you don't like it, you can leave too.

cigarman44
05-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Just received this email from the seller: I have Talked to the family and told them no more #HR inscription, they saw the MLB hologram and looked up his stats for that day and saw that he did hit a home run, so they wrote home run on the bat. They are not experts and are not trying to mislead anyone. This is Vladimr's family trying to make some money for them selves this will be the last time any bat will have a HR inscription. I have perfect feedback on E-bay for a reason, I hope you can understand. Thanks for your time.

Bottom line, the bat wasn't used to hit HR #1. Great job Bobby!!!

Regards, Tony

So they admit to writing the inscription, not Vlad. That's good to know :rolleyes:

3arod13
05-15-2010, 02:04 PM
I think now that the seller provided the updated info, this thread should end. Serves no further purpose.

Regards, Tony

dcgreg25
05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
At this point this thread has run its course so we will be locking the thread.

OaklandAsFan
05-15-2010, 02:06 PM
It sounds like your the seller of these bats.
Can someone check the name of lovegameused.
A big Vlad collector that just happend to find this site when an item came to question :rolleyes:

Same with Pujols2001fan who just happenend to join up in May 2010. Sounds like the guy made multiple screen names to try and sway us.

joelsabi
05-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I think now that the seller provided the updated info, this thread should end. Serves no further purpose.

Regards, Tony

Thanks to Bobby for starting the thread and Tony for the followup with the dealer.

I think the community is well served by this thread and hopefully the dealer will correct his mistakes in timely manner in the future.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the blonde bat that will be available by the dealer in the near future. Will it have a HR #1 inscription? Will the ebay description be clear when it is being sold. We all know what our members are capable of verifying this upcoming bat. Until then this thread is closed.