Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

2005 Pedro Martinez on ESM

I've contacted ESM regarding the absence of the custom mesh under the sleeves of this 2005 Pedro Martinez jersey.

I've noted that it's common knowledge in the collecting community that Pedro wears custom sleeves on days he pitches and at best the jersey is a bench worn jersey. In fact auction houses like Grey Flannel have had an 2005 Pedro Martinez jersey sans customized sleeves and presented them as "bench worn".

The response from ESM was:

"This jesey does not have the mesh. We got this jersey directly from Pedro's friend and he said that Pedro did wear it in a game."

My response to ESM was I thought they obtained items directly from the player?

Awaiting a response and ESM if you are reading this forum thread please feel free to respond.

Thanks,
    -David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: 2005 Pedro Martinez on ESM

Originally posted by metsbats
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Pedro-Martinez-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I've contacted ESM regarding the absence of the custom mesh under the sleeves of this 2005 Pedro Martinez jersey.

I've noted that it's common knowledge in the collecting community that Pedro wears custom sleeves on days he pitches and at best the jersey is a bench worn jersey. In fact auction houses like Grey Flannel have had an 2005 Pedro Martinez jersey sans customized sleeves and presented them as "bench worn".

The response from ESM was:

"This jesey does not have the mesh. We got this jersey directly from Pedro's friend and he said that Pedro did wear it in a game."

My response to ESM was I thought they obtained items directly from the player?

Awaiting a response and ESM if you are reading this forum thread please feel free to respond.

Thanks,
    -David

Actually if you read the text of the auction they obtain 99% of the items from the players so I guess this jersey fall under that rare 1%.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• sportscentury
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by metsbats
      Actually if you read the text of the auction they obtain 99% of the items from the players so I guess this jersey fall under that rare 1%.
      David,

Thanks for sharing this. This is definitely useful information. Based on your experiences, is 1% an accurate statistic?

Reid
      Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

Only ESM knows for sure...
        metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

WOW!!!

Someone just paid 1200+ for this bench worn jersey!

I never got a 2nd reply back from ESM. That's a shame.
          metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Swoboda4
            • Nov 2005

How about a Mets Glavine jersey from ESM with the lettering and numbers uneven to the back pinstripe.

Comment

Working...