PDA

View Full Version : Astros team store question

Dodgers101
05-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Just wondering if they do any mail order. I'm a game used ball collector just wondering if they would ship anything to me. Thanks for any info.

Texstros
05-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Dont believe they are set up to do mail order - if you dont have any luck - email me & ill try to help you out.

Sincityson
05-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Not sure about specific items in the team store, however for game worn jerseys they will, just contact mike.

cjclong
05-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know if the store has any Ivan Rodrguez game used bats from last year? I've been looking for one.

Texstros
05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Does anyone know if the store has any Ivan Rodrguez game used bats from last year? I've been looking for one.

I was there last week - they are long gone..

Astros7
05-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I have e-mailed mike serveral times since the beginning of last season. He always claims he would do mail order, but He hasn't ever even come close to getting me a list or looking at a list of my wants. At first he said "mail order takes away from getting people to the stadium, which is the point of this new store"...I'll be there this coming weekend if anyone would like me to look for anything. I haven't been since last April, but at the time the prices were laughable....(ex. Reggie Abercrombie bat was $150, Carlos Lee was $600)....only jerseys at that tie were spring training jerseys.

There are some items online for sale...8 items last time I checked, same 8 that have been up since they "launched" the online "site". Based on what is on their site, Mike needs some pricing help....$400 for used jerseys from Roger Cedeno, Eric Bruntlett, $450 for Vizcaino?

tigerhidden
05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
I have never had any problems with Mike. He’s a real nice guy and has always been very helpful. During the off season I ordered some items over the phone and they were quickly delivered. I also went down to the team store in the off season and he took the time to come down from his office and answer some of my questions.

As far as their online store, I wouldn’t use it as an indicator for what items they have or what they are priced at.

Chris
goastros@verizon.net

Astros7
05-17-2010, 01:58 PM
I have never had any problems with Mike. He’s a real nice guy and has always been very helpful. During the off season I ordered some items over the phone and they were quickly delivered. I also went down to the team store in the off season and he took the time to come down from his office and answer some of my questions.

As far as their online store, I wouldn’t use it as an indicator for what items they have or what they are priced at.

Chris
goastros@verizon.net

I've never had problems with Mike in person, I've met and talked with him a few times. I just haven't ever been able to work out a deal via phone or e-mail....I have had season tickets for 6 years, but due to a job transfer I now live in San Antonio I only get to Houston 1-2 times per season. They never seem to be able to get a list together via e-mail, its like there isn't an inventory list...ever. When I heard they were going online with the store I thought it was great news, however, their online selection is nothing compared to what is in the store. Not really sure what the point of the online store is...maybe they just haven't been able to put enough time into it. Mike apparently reads this forum as I quickly received an e-mail from him after my post this morning. Nothing against him at all, I'm sure the problems with the site are due to the fact that he doesn't have much of a supporting cast.

BamaHater
05-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Mike is cool in my book. He has always worked with me to get the stuff I wanted and do it within my budget. I have not been able to attend a game this season but I email him with my wants and I go down to MMP and pick it up. The only thing is he sometimes takes forever to respond to emails and you sometimes have to email him a few times. I know though he is really a one man show so it is understandable.

Mulligans
05-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Very Funny!

Is your name BamaHater as in the School or the President!

Sincityson
05-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Has anyone been able to contact Mike lately via email?

BamaHater
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I was in contact with him last week.

April 10, 1962
05-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Mike is cool in my book. Rock on.

stdrwt11
05-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Prices are still pretty high on some players. Le bat was I think $175 which is good. Berkman and Pence were $499 and Bourn was $200-250. Blum was $75. Hats were around $150-300 depending on the player. They did have some jerseys around $400-700. I got a Pence batting practice hat for $85 weeks ago. I was happy considering a game used one was around $250.

Astros7
05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Heading to Minute Maid this weekend for the Saturday and Sunday games, If anyone is looking for anything, e-mail me @ sschumacher10@gmail.com . Thanks!

-Stephen

BamaHater
05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna be at the game on Sat. We will see what goodies he has:D My wallet may not like me though

legaleagle92481
05-19-2010, 09:17 PM
have any of you guys ever seen any mlb authenticated biggio bats or jerseys in the store. we grew up in the same town so i have searched for one for years.

Texstros
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
No never. Biggio kept most of his stuff.

eGameUsed
05-20-2010, 12:22 AM
have any of you guys ever seen any mlb authenticated biggio bats or jerseys in the store. we grew up in the same town so i have searched for one for years.

No, Authentics has very few Biggio items and they are all kept in the Archives. I am only aware of one Biggio bat being MLB authenticated, and that is the one in Cooperstown, his 3000th Hit bat.

Notice the MLB Hologram directly above the M9 logo in centerbrand.

I have personally seen a few MLB authenticated Biggio jerseys from 2007. According to MLB Authenticated database, Biggio wore multiple Red Alternate jerseys during his last game on September 30, 2007. I know the Astros have at least one of those.

stdrwt11
05-20-2010, 06:36 AM
For instance Biggio, if he kept most of his stuff, how did items of his make it onto the market? I know there are items out there. I have seen your pics as well as other people on here and online selling them.

Just wondering how game used items make it to the market where we the collectors are able to purchase them without authentications from mlb or steiner? Do the give out an alloted amount? Are some items just thrown to the side and given away by people in the clubhouse? I am just curious, not just for Biggio but for any player.

Any ideas? Thanks.

legaleagle92481
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
For instance Biggio, if he kept most of his stuff, how did items of his make it onto the market? I know there are items out there. I have seen your pics as well as other people on here and online selling them.

Just wondering how game used items make it to the market where we the collectors are able to purchase them without authentications from mlb or steiner? Do the give out an alloted amount? Are some items just thrown to the side and given away by people in the clubhouse? I am just curious, not just for Biggio but for any player.

Any ideas? Thanks.

This stuff has legs. Teammates (Ruben Riveria and the Jeter glove comes to mind), clubhouse personnel and friends and acquaintances and business partners pilfer stuff or they are given it by the player and turn around and sell it. Also the market is full of fake stuff and most of the stuff you see on Ebay is not real.

Texstros
05-20-2010, 12:22 PM
This stuff has legs. Teammates (Ruben Riveria and the Jeter glove comes to mind), clubhouse personnel and friends and acquaintances and business partners pilfer stuff or they are given it by the player and turn around and sell it. Also the market is full of fake stuff and most of the stuff you see on Ebay is not real.

Just to add to the list- be careful of game issued gear sold as "game used". Alot of game issued bats turn into "hammered" bats then hit the market. MLB authenticated items are the way to go!

eGameUsed
05-20-2010, 01:31 PM
I agree with Shawn! Biggio and the Astros have released a lot of game issued bats through various auctions and promotions. There are a few key items to look for on Biggio bats - from extra customization to certain odor of pine tar. If anyone has any question about the authenticity of a Biggio bat, please let me know and I will help as much as I can.

Thanks,

stdrwt11
05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Extra customization? Certain odor of pine? Could you explain more? That is true, there is a lot of fake stuff out there.

BamaHater
05-20-2010, 11:26 PM
As a heads up, the Astros tend to wear the same jerseys through out the season. They tend to wear them till they fall apart. This means that there might only be 2 or 3 of a certain style jersey for a given player for the season. Hell there might only be one jersey for a player like the seldom used Grey road. The Stros don't tag their stuff so there is no way of telling set # and what not.

Texstros
05-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm gonna be at the game on Sat. We will see what goodies he has:D My wallet may not like me though

So hows the wallet?

BamaHater
05-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I was at the game tonight (Sat) and stopped by the Authentics booth. They had 2 racks of gamers that were all $50 off the ticket price. They had various seasons from the last year of the dome jerseys from 99 to I think 08. There were all different styles and some had patches. They had some 2001 with the flag patch on back and a few 06 cool base jerseys. I think they were priced $250 to $300 without the discount and had mostly all scrubs. Best players I saw were Julio Lugo and one Richard Hildago. Coaches jerseys were cheaper. They keep the better players separate from the scrub jerseys. They had two Roger Clemens for $800 each, a Mike Hampton 1999 BP for $125, some full 1965 throwback Uni sets. They still had some starters left. I saw Felipe Paulino who started the game and starting catcher Humberto Quintero. Also they still have the Phillies throwback they wore that game for sale. Not sure what players are left. They didn't have one out but listed Berkman gamer at $1,000. Also they had a base from the last regular season game in the Astrodome for $750. Prices are ok but IMO still too much for a bunch of scrubs. I picked up late 80's early 90's throwback they wore in 1999. I was the only one they had. Will post pics in pickup thread later.
(http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=279827)