Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mulligans
    • Dec 2009

Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

I'm 45 and I've been collecting for @10 years with the last 3 years much more intense.
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

19 years old (almost 20), been collecting for 5/6 years.

Comment

• 34swtns
      • Apr 2006

Re: Just Curious what the Average Age of a Collector is and How many years have you been collecting Game Used?

45 yrs. old and got my first Walter Payton Sand-Knit jersey in 1986 and my first gamer was a Bears Bob Avellini jersey purchased from either the Denny's or Kim Stigall in 1990.

Comment

• eisenreich8
        • Jun 2007

50, and about 10 years!

Comment

• DaBears54
          • Apr 2010

24 years old and started collecting game issued jerseys about 1 year ago. Just started collecting game used jerseys yesterday!

Comment

• Tyrcha
            • Dec 2009

About to be 31. Been collecting sports cards, off and on, for about 18 years. Just started exclusively collecting GU stuff in the past year.

CBCollector.com
            Collecting
            Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Comment

• flota89
              • Jul 2009

I am almost 17. Been collecting for about 1 year, but am pretty addicted now.
              Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
              flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• 5kRunner
                • Aug 2007

33 today.

Been collecting GU about 3 years.
                SCOTT
                scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
                sigpic

Comment

• DonTheLegend
                  • Sep 2006

36 and have been collecting game used for 15 years.

ive been collecting autos (although not that many in recent years) since 1990
                  donnyatdpi@gmail.com

Comment

• chakes89
                    • May 2006

21 years old (21 today actually)

7-8 years collecting

Got my first bat when I was 13 or 14

And like a lot of people, I started with cards and transitioned into game used memorabilia
                    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Comment

• BoneRubbedBat
                      • Jul 2005

Wow, lots of May birthdays. I turn 39 tomorrow. 20+ yrs of collecting, over 1000 bats through my collection, and one loving and very understanding wife.

sigpic

Always looking for vintage game used bats of Houston Buffs and Colt .45's players.

Comment

• kylehess10
                        • Feb 2006

20 years old

Started collecting game used since the beginning of 2006 (15 years old)
                        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
                        http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• OaklandAsFan
                          • Sep 2007

I just turned 35 on May 15th and I have been collecting GU since I got my first bat (Bruce Bochte) way back in 1987 after he cracked it during bp and just walked up and handed it to me. I didn't have to many GU items those frist few years but I have been heavily involved in collecting since 2000.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2009

Happy birthday to today's birthday boys! I am 29 in a couple of months and I started collecting when I was five. So I have been collecting 24 years.

Comment

• TriplexXxSports
                              • Jan 2009

30 and yesterday -

Comment

Working...