PDA

View Full Version : Jayson Werth Blue Jays Jersey

lindseyj
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I have a Jayson Werth Blue Jays GU jersey (road). It has a letter from the Jays. I later had it signed and am planning on having Spence authenticate, though I know the sig is good as I got it myself.

Just wanted some opinion on what it's worth as is. Haven't seen any for sale (other than this one) from either year (02/03) he was with the Jays.

Thanks for your time/comments!

Sincityson
05-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I've seen a couple for sale over the past few years. Likely in the 200 range I'd suspect.

b.heagy
05-20-2010, 05:37 PM
I have a Jayson Werth Blue Jays GU jersey (road). It has a letter from the Jays. I later had it signed and am planning on having Spence authenticate, though I know the sig is good as I got it myself.

Just wanted some opinion on what it's worth as is. Haven't seen any for sale (other than this one) from either year (02/03) he was with the Jays.

Thanks for your time/comments!

Interested in selling? if so please let me know. Email is in my signature. Thank you.

ironmanfan
05-20-2010, 09:51 PM
With Werth's popularity in Philadelphia, I would think the value would go well beyond $200

LastingsMilledge85
05-20-2010, 10:04 PM
I would say at least $500. Werth is a popular and great ball player.

lindseyj
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I figured with the way he has played the last couple of years and what he's doing now, that the jersey is a nice piece. Picked it up on ebay about 6 years ago.

Not looking to sell at this point (but you never know!) as I live about 30 minutes from his hometown and know some of his family, so I collect his stuff a bit.

ironmanfan
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, I figured with the way he has played the last couple of years and what he's doing now, that the jersey is a nice piece. Picked it up on ebay about 6 years ago.

Not looking to sell at this point (but you never know!) as I live about 30 minutes from his hometown and know some of his family, so I collect his stuff a bit.

His step-dad is Dennis Werth, who was a catcher with the Yankees for awhile....I also believe he is related to the Schofield family as well....

lindseyj
05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Yes, Dennis' wife (Jayson's mom) is the daughter of Dick Schofield, Sr. She was a track star in high school and owned some Illinois state records before Jackie Joyner Kersee (SP?) came along...

b.heagy
05-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Would you be willing to send me some pics of your jersey if possible? I would love to see it. I never saw one for sale. I am a big fan, been buying his game used items for a couple of years now.