PDA

View Full Version : A Blue bat for Father's Day 2010

metsbats
05-20-2010, 08:18 PM
There will be a blue bat for Father's Day in 2010. Well, two weeks from Father's Day. Oh and not by any MLB player unfortunately since the bat companies are not making any blue bats.

I ordered this fine Marucci blue bat with my father-in-law's (who died of prostate cancer in 1998) name engraved. I'll be using it at a baseball camp in NYC's Central Park during a tournament in July 1-3.

Sometimes if you want something done you gotta do it yourself:D

gingi79
05-20-2010, 08:21 PM
MB,

I'm with you! My dad died last year of lung cancer and I'd love to get one for him. Can you tell us where you ordered yours from?

metsbats
05-20-2010, 08:56 PM
MB,

I'm with you! My dad died last year of lung cancer and I'd love to get one for him. Can you tell us where you ordered yours from?

Gingi79,

Sorry to hear that.

Marucci bats can be custom order on their site. Any color combo and personally engraved.

schubert1970
05-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Awsome idea and great bat!

LastingsMilledge85
05-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Very creative idea and nice bat. Go figure a David Wright model bat without holes in it ;)

legaleagle92481
05-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Awesome idea, the bat looks great!!! I think the reason MLB does not do it is because they do not want to saturate the market with special equipment. they got jackie robinson uniforms in april, pink bats in may, stars and stripes hats in the summer which pretty much covers the parts of the uniform that most people collect. All of which benefits a seperate cause and adding blue bats into the mix especially only a month after pink bats would probably at least initially reduce the money the pink bats raise for breast cancer which would hurt a longtime charitable partner of mlb. as bmh said the bat companies donate the pink bats and it is asking alot for them to also donate blue bats. the breast cancer chartities do a great job raising money and with public awareness of their cause they are truly a role model for other chartiable organizations to follow in that respect. the people running prostate cancer charties just have not been able to do the same for some reason.

tigerdale
05-21-2010, 05:54 AM
Great bat David!!!!

metsbats
05-21-2010, 06:09 AM
During this years camp I 'm going to pledge $ for every hit I get during the tournament to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. We've all been talking about blue bats for Father's Day and put a Facebook page and garnered 266 members however it's reality that it's not going to happen.

So rather than dwell in disappointment I decided to have this bat made and do the pledge to end this quest on a positive note this year.

gingi79
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
During this years camp I 'm going to pledge $ for every hit I get during the tournament to the Prostate Cancer Foundation. We've all been talking about blue bats for Father's Day and put a Facebook page and garnered 266 members however it's reality that it's not going to happen.

So rather than dwell in disappointment I decided to have this bat made and do the pledge to end this quest on a positive note this year.

So David, are you going to put it up for sale on the C to C? :D
Maybe donate the money to a cancer charity?

If I was still playing softball, I'd totally use it. Move over Kyle, your game used bat is no longer the only desirable gamer from the members of GUU!