After 20 years, i finally landed my Dream Bat - MCGWIRE HR BAT !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panthrotc
    • Dec 2005

After 20 years, i finally landed my Dream Bat - MCGWIRE HR BAT !!!!!

Christmas came early. Worked out a deal to bring home the McGwire Bat of my dreams today!!! Did your grandpa want a bat that babe ruth hit a HR with? Did your dad want a bat that Mickey Mantle hit a bomb with?? Well growing up as a little kid and even now into my adult life i have always wanted a McGwire HR bat. They exist, he was known to give them away to teamates,coaches and friends, but they never pop up for sale. Today i obtained a bat that was given to one of his teamates during his final season in 2001. His 2001 bats are already IMPOSSIBLE to find nonetheless a HR bat is just flat out rediculously impossible to obtain. I present to you, the bat of my dreams.....
    Career HR # 576 , hit in Cinncinatti on August 21,2001

• panthrotc
    • Dec 2005

Re: After 20 years, i finally landed my Dream Bat - MCGWIRE HR BAT !!!!!

BTW, the answer is no, i did not pay 24,999$.

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Great bat! Congrats!
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• punch
        • Feb 2010

Pretty awesome.

Comment

• ironmanfan
          • Sep 2005

Congrats.....Two thoughts:

-details on how you acquired it?

-do you have any pictures or video of him hitting this HR?

Good Job!

IMF

Comment

• panthrotc
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ironmanfan
            Congrats.....Two thoughts:

-details on how you acquired it?

-do you have any pictures or video of him hitting this HR?

Good Job!

IMF

cash and trade.

i don't have any pictures of him hitting the HR. i can't find one on getty. The seller has MLB player connect. The player is still in the pros and was a teammate of Mac's in 01. he got the bat direct from him.

If anyone knows any other picture archive site PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
              • Sep 2009

This is probably the nicest Mac bat I have seen in an auction. Congrats! I saw this come up for sale and was very curious as to what it would sell for. I hope you can find a photo of that HR, I actually remember seeing that game I believe. It was hit by a construction area in left center if my memory is correct.

Comment

• Birdbats
                • Nov 2005

Nice! Congrats!
                Jeff Scott
                birdbats@charter.net
                http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by panthrotc
                  cash and trade.

i don't have any pictures of him hitting the HR. i can't find one on getty. The seller has MLB player connect. The player is still in the pros and was a teammate of Mac's in 01. he got the bat direct from him.

If anyone knows any other picture archive site PLEASE LET ME KNOW

I found a photo of him batting in 2001 and I think it is at cincinnati. It may be the hr swing but not positive. Could someone give me some advice on posting photos on here?!

Comment

• gameused
                    • Nov 2005

Sweet pick-up! Always Nice to see these kinds of post.

Thanks for sharing your dream bat!

Bobby

Comment

• panthrotc
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by STLHAMMER32
                      I found a photo of him batting in 2001 and I think it is at cincinnati. It may be the hr swing but not positive. Could someone give me some advice on posting photos on here?!

PLEASE POST THE PHOTO or email me it!! Thundercats83@aol.com

I have looked but i can not ANY photos from that game. On getty they have reds phots on august 20th and then not anther one until mid september. why, i do not know. But i looked on getty, yahoo, google, AP, i can not find any photos of mac from this game. HELP!!

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                        • Sep 2009

I ll give the posting a try......I remember this particular homerun because I was eating at Damons and stayed to watch Macs at bat. I remember him hitting it where there was no stands anymore. He wasn't always in the lineup due to an injury plagued year but I remember watching every at bat that I could. I have several games from 2001 on tape and saved most of the mac HR's. I dont think I recorded this partucular game but I will check the archives lol.

The photo is from 2001 and looks to be cinicinnati's dugout in my opinion....
                        Attached Files

Comment

• panthrotc
                          • Dec 2005

if you happen to have this HR on tape in the archive i will be in debt forever!! I appreciate the help

Comment

• rj_lucas
                            • Apr 2009

You might try submitting a photo request to Pictopia, who manages the photo archives for the Associated Press:

McGwire was well-covered by photographers in those last few years, so you might have a shot at turning something up. Best of luck.

Rick
                            rickjlucas@gmail.com

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

It is a very nice bat but to compare it to a Mantle or a Ruth is just absurd. Mac is an admitted cheater who even with the Roids was not near the league of a Mantle or a Ruth, two of the greatest players ever and all he did was hit home runs. He was a lesser version of Harmon Killebrew.

Comment

Working...