Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mulligans
    • Dec 2009

1996 Tino Martinez GU Signed ALCS Bat

I'm not really a Bat Guy (just a Dabbler), but was curious what I could sell a 1996 Tino Martinez GU Signed ALCS Bat for? I don't mean this to be a classified, I just have no idea of Market Value and do not know where to look?
  • panthrotc
    • Dec 2005

Re: 1996 Tino Martinez GU Signed ALCS Bat

well, since yankees collectors do pay quality money, you can start with common sense.

1. PICTURES would help

2. The use of the bat

3. Where is the bat from

4. Have you tried photomatching it

Comment

• Mulligans
      • Dec 2009

I purchased it last year in an auction and it came with a Yankees Certificate of Authenticity. I have not tried to photomatch it.
      Attached Files

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Jeff, what do you mean by Yankees-COA? Do you mean Yankees-Steiner? I would say you could probably get 3 grand for it, possibly more. Because 1. Tino was a star caliber player who was very popular with the fans, 2. It was the Yanks first WS win in many years and predated when alot of people thought they "bought" the WS 3. You don't see much GU stuff from that year, especially from the playoffs and there are alot of high roller Yankee fans and right now baseball season is starting to heat up. But as someone else said you should defintely try to photomatch it. It is an awesome bat.

Comment

• gorilla777
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
          Jeff, what do you mean by Yankees-COA? Do you mean Yankees-Steiner? I would say you could probably get 3 grand for it, possibly more. Because 1. Tino was a star caliber player who was very popular with the fans, 2. It was the Yanks first WS win in many years and predated when alot of people thought they "bought" the WS 3. You don't see much GU stuff from that year, especially from the playoffs and there are alot of high roller Yankee fans and right now baseball season is starting to heat up. But as someone else said you should defintely try to photomatch it. It is an awesome bat.
          There is no way you get $3k for this bat. It would be more like about $700-800.

Comment

• gorilla777
            • Aug 2009

This is the one from the Heritage Auction, right?

Comment

• ndevlin
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by gorilla777

Correct! Thank you!!!! Sheesh!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

for a playoff used bat by a star yankee with solid proof during one of the most memorable championship runs in baseball history? that would be the steal of the century ill take 20 at that price.

Comment

• gorilla777
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                  for a playoff used bat by a star yankee with solid proof during one of the most memorable championship runs in baseball history? that would be the steal of the century ill take 20 at that price.
                  Then you should make him that offer and see if he accepts

I collect Yankee bats and and would say, IMHO, that price point is about right. The sale price is only going to be what the market bears at this particular time.
                  And for $3k? There are many other better ways to spend those dollars on a GU bat

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

Then you should make him that offer and see if he accepts

I collect Yankee bats and and would say, IMHO, that price point is about right. The sale price is only going to be what the market bears at this particular time.
                    And for $3k? There are many other better ways to spend those dollars on a GU bat
                    The rarity of the item will drive the price up maybe not to 3k but certainly well above the range you gave. How many 1996 playoff bats used by star yankees with solid proof have you seen? There are not many out there. The range you gave is less than some people including steiner have tried to sell a regular season bat from less important years for. would i pay 1,000s for this bat? no but i think deep pocketed avid yankee fans looking for a piece of that playoff run would get into a bidding war over it.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                      • Jun 2008

There have bin numerous Tino Martinez W.S., ALCS, and ALDS bats hit the market from W.S. season and also what most consider the pinnacle of all Yankee Season 1998. Those bats have not come close to a $3k price tag. I have owned a W.S. issued bats from Tino, another Member on the site also has W.S. Tino bats, John Taube has a W.S. Tino bat. An most know that Tino recycled his bat to the following year, as evidence Johns Bat. The Steiner LOA mean nothing, Steiner has sold W.S. bat as regular season bats, so they don't know shit. $3k Is ridiculous.......

Comment

• Mulligans
                        • Dec 2009

Thanks for the help guys. I thought @ $1000 to $1200 but I had no idea at all?

I tried to sell a pair of Football Cleats and a basketball Jersey for 2 months on Ebay and couldn't get an offer of over $400 on either and they sold at the GF auction for 4K and 2K respectively? At the same auction I bought a $2500 Football Jersey for $750. Its tough to figure out?

Like I said, I kow little about Bats and should probably stick to my area of expertise, but fell in love with this bat. I don't fully undertand how many bats that Tino would use during the ALCS, but it can't be too many because this Bat has incredible amounts of use.

I don't own any Yankee items, and I am not familiar with a Yankees certificate of Authenticity (not a Steiner). I will post the exact wording and the signature on it and maybe you guys can help me out with its origination.

Thanks again for the help!
                        Jeff

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by jetersbatboy
                          There have bin numerous Tino Martinez W.S., ALCS, and ALDS bats hit the market from W.S. season and also what most consider the pinnacle of all Yankee Season 1998. Those bats have not come close to a $3k price tag. I have owned a W.S. issued bats from Tino, another Member on the site also has W.S. Tino bats, John Taube has a W.S. Tino bat. An most know that Tino recycled his bat to the following year, as evidence Johns Bat. The Steiner LOA mean nothing, Steiner has sold W.S. bat as regular season bats, so they don't know shit. $3k Is ridiculous.......
                          I would argue that 96 tops 98 because it was the first championship that many of today's fans (those in the 20-35 range) are old enough to remember and it was exciting and fresh then even to those of us who are not Yankee fans. People who were even 8 when they won previously are 40 today. I don't know how your game issued world series bat has any bearing on this though. My point only was that it could fetch big money I nor anyone else here can really predict what exactely it would fetch.

Comment

• Mulligans
                            • Dec 2009

Here is the COA. Is it recognizable as something that the Yankees would produce? If so, it seems a bit generic. It also comes with a COA from JSA.

Yankees Experts....Please let me know your thoughts on the COA.

It is hard to read, but says.
                            This product is hereby confirmed as an authentic article having formally belonged to the New York Yankees team and actually used at Yankee Stadium.

Tino Martinez Autographed 1996 ALCS Game Used Bat.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• yankees24
                              • Aug 2008

that's a great bat, I'm still waiting to own my first Tino Martinez item. are his usually rare, or easy to find?

Comment

Working...