PDA

View Full Version : Use Caution on Ebay Farve Packers Jersey

legaleagle92481
06-02-2010, 09:42 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220614752161&Category=86829&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

BPH is a reputable seller and I am rendering no opinion on the jersey in question but before anyone drops 11 grand they should check out these articles on fake Farve jerseys that came with identical provance:

http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/article/favre%20fakes
http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/upload/images/PDF/favre.pdf

I have searched for another followup article but have not been able to find one.

gwh11
06-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Actually, that jersey comes from me, and I can assure you it is 100% legitimate.

In addition, those articles you referenced mentions my work in uncovering many of the fake Favre jerseys out there. Yes, many of the fakes come with a signed letter from Favre, and picture, matching hologram, etc., but some "real" ones come with the same provenance.

Whoever ends up purchasing this jersey can contact me and I will send them a dvd of the Seahawks game that this was used in. After this jersey was used in that game the snaps were replaced with snap closures. That's really the only alteration. The jersey was worn for both halves of that game.

A picture of this jersey can be found in the book on Favre memorabilia that SCD produced a few years ago called "Favre: The Total Package".

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have about the jersey.

Guy

legaleagle92481
06-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Actually, that jersey comes from me, and I can assure you it is 100% legitimate.

In addition, those articles you referenced mentions my work in uncovering many of the fake Favre jerseys out there. Yes, many of the fakes come with a signed letter from Favre, and picture, matching hologram, etc., but some "real" ones come with the same provenance.

Whoever ends up purchasing this jersey can contact me and I will send them a dvd of the Seahawks game that this was used in. After this jersey was used in that game the snaps were replaced with snap closures. That's really the only alteration. The jersey was worn for both halves of that game.

A picture of this jersey can be found in the book on Favre memorabilia that SCD produced a few years ago called "Favre: The Total Package".

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have about the jersey.

Guy

Thanks Guy I was considering buying the jersey and doing some research and I stumbled across the articles and your great work in uncovering the fakes. So I was not sure if it was one of the fakes. Do you know what ever happened with the investigation that Thomason was doing?

gwh11
06-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Theories abound, but unfortunately that mystery remains unresolved.
-Guy

legaleagle92481
06-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Theories abound, but unfortunately that mystery remains unresolved.
-Guy

Thanks for all your input I am seriously considering buying the jersey (I made them an offer slightly below their BIN) as I have always wanted a Brett Packers jersey. Those Vikings jerseys that JO sells I still cannot get used to it is like seeing a Red Sox jersey with "Jeter" on the back or a Lakers jersey with the name "Bird".

gwh11
06-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Shoot me an email and I'll tell you a little more about the jersey:
gwh11@yahoo.com (jgwh11@yahoo.com).
-Guy