PDA

View Full Version : When is you favorite time to Post on E-Bay

ham1963
07-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I was in a bookstore the other day looking at a book about how to sell on E-Bay. In this book it talked about good days and times to post auctions. For example a good time for an auction not to end is during American Idol, and the Super Bowl. So my question is what time and day of the week do you think is a good day to post an auction on E-Bay? :p

suave1477
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
I persoanlly think the best days are Tuesday and Weds. and the times usually between 8 - 9pm.

The reason those 2 days most people are home not doing much and will take the time to jump on there computer to mess around, play, whatever etc.... and I like to have my items listed in the 8 to 9 range bcuz by that time most people have already settled in for work and had dinner with the family or whatever errands they already ran, so by that time they will jump on the computer.

allstarsplus
07-12-2006, 09:36 AM
I persoanlly think the best days are Tuesday and Weds. and the times usually between 8 - 9pm.

The reason those 2 days most people are home not doing much and will take the time to jump on there computer to mess around, play, whatever etc.... and I like to have my items listed in the 8 to 9 range bcuz by that time most people have already settled in for work and had dinner with the family or whatever errands they already ran, so by that time they will jump on the computer.

During the middle of the week is fine and 9PM Eastern will be 6PM on the West Coast, but you always need to think of your client base such as if you are selling some Dodgers or Lakers items you should go later on your West Coast time.

eGameUsed
07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
I seem to have good experience on Sunday evenings with items closing etween 9 pm to 11 pm CST.

JimCaravello
07-12-2006, 12:18 PM
What a great question! I personally like to list items for 7 days and I usually have them end on either Saturday or Sunday night sometime between 7:00 PM and 10:00 PM EST. Jim

scottanservitz
07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Sunday evening between 8 and 11pm. Seems to work.

both-teams-played-hard
07-12-2006, 12:22 PM
Thursdays or Sundays...11:15pm eastern

EurekaDave
07-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Sunday evening is my best time. I find that people who collect sports things think most about them on Sautrdays and Sundays, when they have been watching a game. Week nights are often too cluttered with home and family activities (I know that sounds cold).

As a buyer I look for things to close at odd hours and days. Three a.m. mid-week is good. Other bidders are caught napping.

trsent
07-12-2006, 01:42 PM
I have studied auction ending times since the turn of the century (ok, it wasn't that long ago).

When eBay was a young site, I found Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday nights were the best time to have an auction end. Often I would have my major items end around 10PM Central.

I have now found that weekends are fine times to have auction end also. Generally, ending on Monday - Thursday from 1PM - 4PM Central works just fine.

I also have found that seven days or five days doesn't make a difference to most eBay sales. Often you'll find you do better with the shorter auction because some people who "Watch" an auction lose interest by the time the closing bell rings.

worldchamps
07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
I have wondered this as well. I personally try to end auctions around 3-4 on a workday. this is when I am personally on ebay and I purchase items during this time. I signed up for an auction snipper service because I seem to always have stuff going on at night and can never find time to bid at night or weekend. I might start trying to do auctions later because that seems to be the favorite among most of you all.

bigtime59
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Used to list/close on Sundays...but would wake up Monday morning and find my auctions buried under five (or more) pages of other listings, so I switched to Mondays. Try never to start before 9 p.m. Eastern, to give our friends on the West Coast an opportunity to bid outside of work, as well. I've been happy with Mondays, so far...but you do have to avoid ending auctions on holidays.
Hope this helps.
Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

stlbats
07-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Seems like a good number of people have had good success on Sat and Sun, I myself have not had good luck on Saturday. I usually try to post on Monday, Tues, or Thurs. around 9:30-10 pm central. I may give Sunday night a try.

Jason

ham1963
07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
So I take it that nobody has tried selling on a Friday:confused:

trsent
07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
So I take it that nobody has tried selling on a Friday:confused:

I will not have anything ever end Friday night, but often I'll have items end before 2PM Central on Friday assuming that people will often get off work early on Friday.

Fact is, if your item is desirable, it doesn't matter when it ends. People will bid. With bid-nappers now people don't have to be awake to place their last second bids.