PDA

View Full Version : A nice surprise on a GU Pirates MLB Auth Nate McLouth Bat

steelpenguin
06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Here was a nice surprise ... just picked up this Nate McLouth Gamer and check out what was on the knob of the bat. I thought that this was kinda neat and I was wondering if anybody else has ever seen this on a McLouth bat or any other Pirate bat? Is this a one of a kind, or did he have a stash someplace?

Anyway, here are the pics, I figured that I would share this ... it's kinda neat. Being a Stargell freak, I was thrilled. The picture is not that great ... but you will notice it! ; )

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx271/SteelPenguin5/Pirates/mclouthstar2.jpg

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx271/SteelPenguin5/Pirates/mclouthstar1.jpg

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx271/SteelPenguin5/Pirates/MCLOUTHBATCOA.jpg

Dewey2007
06-05-2010, 10:41 PM
Here was a nice surprise ... just picked up this Nate McLouth Gamer and check out what was on the knob of the bat. I thought that this was kinda neat and I was wondering if anybody else has ever seen this on a McLouth bat or any other Pirate bat? Is this a one of a kind, or did he have a stash someplace?

Anyway, here are the pics, I figured that I would share this ... it's kinda neat. Being a Stargell freak, I was thrilled. The picture is not that great ... but you will notice it! ; )

That's pretty cool. Stargell went to my old high school. Do you have any Stargell game used items? If so, I'd love to see them.

All I currently have is a game used Stargell Bicentennial bat and a 1988 HOF bat.

steelpenguin
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
That's pretty cool. Stargell went to my old high school. Do you have any Stargell game used items? If so, I'd love to see them.

All I currently have is a game used Stargell Bicentennial bat and a 1988 HOF bat.

No ... and I wish that I did. I had a chance back in 1996 up in Detroit to pick up that Stargell game used Braves jersey that I referenced before and the only reason I did not get it was because it was a "BRAVES JERSEY" (still too soon after the Cabrara, Sid Bream, NLCS thing). Anyway, I have regretted that ever since. I have often wondered who owns that jersey now ... I wish that I had that one back (even if it was a Braves jersey).

RRexpressfan94
06-09-2010, 04:34 PM
i have a mclouth bat that s identical to this, just with out the star on the knob. i would say its a one of a kind!

Vincent
06-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Can nayone fill me on what that "S" means? Was it used on Willie Stargel Day or somthing?

steelpenguin
06-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Can nayone fill me on what that "S" means? Was it used on Willie Stargel Day or somthing?

It's an infamous "Stargell Star" ... like the ones the Pirates wore on the Tuna Fish can hats back in 1979. If find a picture of Kent Tekulve from the 1979 World Series, you will see several "Stargell Stars" on his cap.

Willie used to pass this out to players for good plays and such. He was also known to hand a few out to kids getting autographs on the first base line before games at Three Rivers Stadium. He gave my cousin one once and I was insanely jealous as a kid. Now, I finally have one myself.

Kinda neat. Did not expect to see an actual Stargell Star on this bat when I got it. That's almost worth the drive down to Atlanta for me just to ask Nate what the story is with the bat. I may have to go to a Braves game soon.