PDA

View Full Version : Best venue too sell game used bats ....

yankees506
06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
I would say the best place to sell them is here ;) , but if your gonna do ebay, i would stear clear of an auction and just set up a buy it now. That way you dont have to worry about the price and you can set it up for offers and have auto-reject on low ballers.

spartakid
06-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I would say the best place to sell them is here ;) , but if your gonna do ebay, i would stear clear of an auction and just set up a buy it now. That way you dont have to worry about the price and you can set it up for offers and have auto-reject on low ballers.

I would have to agree on both counts.

Mulligans
06-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I know that people will probably cringe when I say it, but American Memorabilia has come a long way lately. They seem to have lots of volume participaing in their auctions and nice items go for big money.

I have just started listing with them. I am able to enter all of my own photos and descriptions, set my own minimums and list items in seconds. Once the items sell, I mail the buyer myself and get paid instantly. They are also very negotiable on comissions.

Having said that, I had problems with an item that I purchased a few months ago, but they stepped up and took care of the problem.

They have a big auction starting now. They might have some old credibility issues out there, but as a seller, it really seems to work well.

aeneas01
06-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I know that people will probably cringe when I say it, but American Memorabilia has come a long way lately. They seem to have lots of volume participaing in their auctions and nice items go for big money.

I have just started listing with them. I am able to enter all of my own photos and descriptions, set my own minimums and list items in seconds. Once the items sell, I mail the buyer myself and get paid instantly. They are also very negotiable on comissions.

Having said that, I had problems with an item that I purchased a few months ago, but they stepped up and took care of the problem.

They have a big auction starting now. They might have some old credibility issues out there, but as a seller, it really seems to work well.

ami's website and catalog state:

"Each item is examined and handled by our team of experts... Any item listed in American Memorabilia’s catalogs has met the utmost standard of validity..."

so how do you think this squares with ami allowing sellers to list their own items, write their own lot descriptions, take their own photos and keep their own lots until it's time to ship to the buyer? and how do you, as a seller, feel about ami not telling the bidding audience that sellers are allowed to do this?

not only does ami not inform the bidding audience, but they continue to claim every item is handled and authenticated by their "team of experts" even when they're not. further, how many of those that ami lists as their authenticators still do work for ami?

you also mention that it appears there's now a lot of participation in ami's auctions, but is this at all surprising given ami will actually place bids on behalf of the seller and will also allow sellers to bid on their own lots? from ami's rules:

"Unless explicitly stated otherwise by AMI, each Lot is being sold with reserve as a reserve auction... AMI and seller reserve the right to withdraw any property before and during the sale of such property. The seller also reserves the right to reject any and all bids for any reason... AMI reserves the right to place a bid on any Lot on behalf of the seller up to the amount of the reserve, if any. AMI will not specifically identify bids placed on behalf of the seller."

so, yes, ami is clearly a sweet deal for sellers - but is it an honest deal for buyers? moreover, could sellers such as yourself be found complicit should an unhappy bidder ever decide to file a complaint?

as it stands right now ami is telling the bidding audience that each item appearing in their auctions has been handled and examined by their team of experts even though sellers are allowed to do their own evaluations, load their own lots, take their own photos, without ever sending their items to ami. further, ami will bid on these lots to create a false sense of interest and activity and will allow sellers to do the same. again, sweet deal for the seller....