Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yankees506
    • Apr 2010

Derek Jeter GU bat price??? Insane

I want to ask our members what i should be expecting to pay for a Derek Jeter Game used bat. I thought i could afford one but it seems i cannot, I have seen in the pick-ups thread that many of our members have gotten jeter gamers direct from steiner so I called steiner and asked. The reply i got was "list price is $4k but we can do $3k for an unsigned one." Needless to say my up-bringing was the only thing that kept me from hanging up. Long story short i know there is no way $3k is market value for a jeter.....is it?????? or is this just another case of steiner price bloating? If you dont want to disclose how much you paid for yours its ok i just want to know what i should expect.... Thanks in advance
  • yankees24
    • Aug 2008

Re: Derek Jeter GU bat price??? Insane

Jeter is a hall of fame player, face of baseball and Yankee legend of this current era. when you see his face enshrined in Monument Park and Cooperstown one day, that 3K$ won't seem to have been too much for someone of his pedigree. have you dealt with Steiner before and have a rep, maybe he could work with you on a better price?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by yankees506
      I want to ask our members what i should be expecting to pay for a Derek Jeter Game used bat. I thought i could afford one but it seems i cannot, I have seen in the pick-ups thread that many of our members have gotten jeter gamers direct from steiner so I called steiner and asked. The reply i got was "list price is $4k but we can do $3k for an unsigned one." Needless to say my up-bringing was the only thing that kept me from hanging up. Long story short i know there is no way $3k is market value for a jeter.....is it?????? or is this just another case of steiner price bloating? If you dont want to disclose how much you paid for yours its ok i just want to know what i should expect.... Thanks in advance
      Three grand is insane for an unsigned Jeter gamer. There are alot on the market and unless it was used for a homer or special achievement that is too high. Steiner auctions them off on Steiner Auctions on its website periodically with a start bid of $1,500 and they toss in a display case. Also check ebay.

Comment

• BULBUS
        • Nov 2005

3k is high, but not that high. the last steiner bat i saw on ebay, went for over 2k. in 2004, i got mine from steiners auction and paid 1600 or 1700.

there seems to be a lot of jeter bats out there with light use and psa or auction house loa's that go for the 1200 range.

here is a pic of mine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeter1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	661970
        Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
        sigpic
        donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• Game Used Bats
          • Feb 2006

Absolutely, this looks like a great buy from a respectable source.

Anthony

Comment

• yankees24
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BULBUS
            3k is high, but not that high. the last steiner bat i saw on ebay, went for over 2k. in 2004, i got mine from steiners auction and paid 1600 or 1700.

there seems to be a lot of jeter bats out there with light use and psa or auction house loa's that go for the 1200 range.

here is a pic of mine:

[ATTACH]38962[/ATTACH]
            sweet Jeter bat Chris, did you photo match the crack to the game is occurred in?

Comment

• BULBUS
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by yankees24
              sweet Jeter bat Chris, did you photo match the crack to the game is occurred in?
              thanks, this bats is so pounded, its one of my favorites. not sure when this bat is from, its not mlb authenticated. jeter has always use a black p72, i think i would go nuts if i tried to photomatch it.
              Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
              sigpic
              donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• emann
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by yankees24
                Jeter is a hall of fame player, face of baseball and Yankee legend of this current era. when you see his face enshrined in Monument Park and Cooperstown one day, that 3K$ won't seem to have been too much for someone of his pedigree.
                Yeah, but look at how many other HOF players from the last 20+ years you could buy for under 3K (in most cases, well under). I really think those prices are based exclusively on being a homegrown Yankee star, way more than his future HOF status or pedigree.

Same reason Don Mattingly bats usually command higher prices than first ballot HOF'ers like Boggs, Gwynn, Winfield, Henderson, Puckett, Molitor, etc. New York is THE big market, lots of demand.

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
                  • Aug 2007

one of the benefits of supporting a mediocre team for the last two decades. I wish i had your guys rings, but im glad i dont have to pay yalls prices.
                  Baseball do what it do
                  -Ron Washington

Comment

• yankees506
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Fnazxc0114
                    one of the benefits of supporting a mediocre team for the last two decades. I wish i had your guys rings, but im glad i dont have to pay yalls prices.
                    Yeah i guess i would trade one ring to be able to drop our gu items by hundreds or in jeters case thousands. I wanted you guys to take a look at this bat that is being advertised as a jeter gu bat and it clearly is not even close:

Its just a dinged up signed bat!!!!!! And its at $810...... The psa/dna holo for the autograph makes ppl think its game used....... wrong!

Comment

• spartanservitto
                      • May 2010

The autograph is 100% legit, it deff was game issued; however, if it were used I would say it would be 1 at bat. I mean there is evidence of some pine tar, and bat marks. I deff wouldnt buy it if I was looking for a Jeter gamer.

-Tony
                      sigpic
                      Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                      My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                      My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• spartanservitto
                        • May 2010

I have a steiner signed bat, I would take $810 right now. haha, I should let those people know.

-Tony
                        sigpic
                        Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
                        My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
                        My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Comment

• GoTigers
                          • Aug 2007

If you think it's bad now, wait until he beaks 3000 hits. If I'm not mistaken he'll be the first player to do it while in Yankee pinstripes. I doubt you'll be able to find anything under $2500 then. I bought a Steiner signed gamer with very nice use and uncracked for $1100 or $1200 a little over a year ago.
                          Thanks,
                          Jimmy

Email:
                          jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Comment

• yankees506
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by GoTigers
                            If you think it's bad now, wait until he beaks 3000 hits. If I'm not mistaken he'll be the first player to do it while in Yankee pinstripes. I doubt you'll be able to find anything under $2500 then. I bought a Steiner signed gamer with very nice use and uncracked for $1100 or $1200 a little over a year ago.
                            direct From steiner??? i would love to get one at around that price!

Comment

• yanks12025
                              • Jan 2006

Tough luck the person i know won't sell the bat but they own Derek Jeter's pre-rookie bat from his days with the Yankees Double-A team in Albany Ny. The guy recieved the bat directly from jeter after it broke.

Comment

Working...