Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VALAIKA COLLECTOR
    • Oct 2008

MLB Authentication Error?

Does anyone know why this is happening to me? When I go to MLB authentication page to type in a hologram # the window will pop up but it doesn't display any information like what game the item was used in. Now on my work computer it will pull up so I am assuming it's something with my computer settings. Anyone know how to fix this? thanks!
  • Tedw9
    • Jul 2007

Re: MLB authentication question

Clean out your cookies and make sure your Flash and other programs are up to date. I'm not sure what program they are using, but I would guess maybe one of your programs is out of date. This of course is just guesswork on my part. I hope this works!

Comment

• VALAIKA COLLECTOR
      • Oct 2008

thanks for the reply, I have tried that and still doesn't work. I seemed to have this problem after i installed internet explorer 7, not sure if that matters but i could view it on internet explorer 6. It has to be something in the internet properties that is wrong but I don't know what.

Comment

• David
        • Sep 2024

I believe someone brought up this exact issue a few weeks ago, so it's nothing personal to you. I would guess it's the MLB site.

Comment

• kylehess10
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by David
          I believe someone brought up this exact issue a few weeks ago, so it's nothing personal to you. I would guess it's the MLB site.

That's correct. I experience the same problem constantly. I believe it's because the number is not in their database, so it comes up blank instead.
          kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
          http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• VALAIKA COLLECTOR
            • Oct 2008

Whats weird about it is it will pull all the information up on my work computer and even my iphone! But on my house computer it just comes up blank. Very strange, at least I know I'm not the only one.

Comment

• David
              • Sep 2024

From my experience, pop up windows are hit and miss. Once it works, the next time it doesn't. Whether its me or my browswer or the websites or pop ups in general, its never clear.

Comment

• cmw2ward
                • Dec 2007

MLB Authentication?

I recently purchased a Pedro Martinez game used bat. It has an mlb hologram on it (MR-258175). When i enter the hologram number in the website it says "this item appears in the data base" but no additional information is listed.

So I called and e-mailed MLB. Below please find their response. As a collector I am very put off MLB Authentication. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Thanks

Thanks for the e-mail. The MR hologram is from Deloitte & Touche. From May 2002 through January 2006, the firm of Deloitte & Touche was the exclusive third-party Authenticator for all items under the MLB Authentication Program. As Authenticator, Deloitte was solely responsible for all authentication and data entry of the hologram numbers placed on autographed items and game-used memorabilia. Unfortunately, MLB has no direct access to this data. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks for your patience,
                MLB Authentication

Comment

• jgoldstein2000
                  • May 2008

Re: MLB Authentication?

A lot of us have this problem.
                  Always looking for great bats from members of the Red Sox HOF.

Comment

• cmw2ward
                    • Dec 2007

Re: MLB ?

Any idea about how to get the authentication records?

Comment

• cmw2ward
                      • Dec 2007

Can anyone help me out? Any info would be great!

Thanks

Comment

• xpress34
                        • Sep 2008

I don't remember exactly when and where, but MLB addressed this issue some time back - in fact, it is why a lot of teams only used the MLB Hologram program instead of their own LOA for a limited time.

The Colorado Rockies used the Hologram program for ONE year (2005) for their Game Used items before going back to team issued LOAs.

Anyway, MLB issued a statement back then that there had been some 'issues' with keeping up with the database and therefore, not all MLB Holograms will actually register in the DB and some may show a different item.

Luckily my 2005 Matt Holliday GU Hat actually registers on the system with the hologram.

I wish I could be more help, but I can pretty much guarantee that you won't find any better info since MLB basically washed their hands of the deal.

All the best -

Chris

Comment

• mr.miracle
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by cmw2ward
                          I recently purchased a Pedro Martinez game used bat. It has an mlb hologram on it (MR-258175). When i enter the hologram number in the website it says "this item appears in the data base" but no additional information is listed.

So I called and e-mailed MLB. Below please find their response. As a collector I am very put off MLB Authentication. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience.

Thanks

Thanks for the e-mail. The MR hologram is from Deloitte & Touche. From May 2002 through January 2006, the firm of Deloitte & Touche was the exclusive third-party Authenticator for all items under the MLB Authentication Program. As Authenticator, Deloitte was solely responsible for all authentication and data entry of the hologram numbers placed on autographed items and game-used memorabilia. Unfortunately, MLB has no direct access to this data. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks for your patience,
                          MLB Authentication
                          My personal favorite was when MLB emailed me back with the same problem and I was informed that Arthur Andersen was the independant authenticator back in 2001 and since they are essentially nonexistent at this point they told me that Arthur Andersen retains those records, MLB has no access to them and there is no chance that they can ever be updated or verified. The only thing that they can say is that the item is authentic but no additional verification details are available.

This is real, real nice.
                          Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• cmw2ward
                            • Dec 2007

It's hard to believe that the MLB is that careless! Really leaves me with a very bad taste.

Why would anyone buy from the current MLB Authentic program, who knows maybe two years from now they'll loose the current records?????

Comment

• coxfan
                              • Feb 2009

I'm new here, but I bought a g-u ball from the -Tampa Bay-Texas Rangers game of 5-21-03, and the Yankees-rangers game of 5-21-04 ( A-Rod's first series back). Both were bought from the Rangers' in-stadium store. I noted at the time that both MLB holograms said that Deloitte and Touche were the authenticators. But when I re-checked them recently, they now say the authenticator was Authenticators, Inc.

Did they retroactively change the name of the authenticators on the website from the original posting? Any ideas?

Comment

Working...