PDA

View Full Version : Special Offer From Steiner Sports to GUU Members

ChrisCavalier
06-10-2010, 11:58 PM
In our continued efforts to provide special benefits to our members, next week Game Used Universe will be running another “Make an Offer” sale in conjunction with Steiner Sports. The program will work similarly to the one we ran recently with JO Sports. Specifically:

Beginning next Monday, June 14th through 8:00 pm PST on Sunday, June 20th, Game Used Universe members can submit a “Best Offer” for any team partnership item on the Steiner Sports website located at http://www.steinersports.com (http://www.steinersports.com/) or any team partnership item in the Steiner database. Regarding the latter, Steiner will be providing us a list of all the items that will be included which we can provide to any of our members who may be interested. At 8:00 pm PST on Sunday, June 20th, Game Used Universe will determine the HIGHEST offer for each item and present all the HIGHEST offers to Steiner Sports for consideration. Once the offers are submitted, Steiner Sports will inform us of the offers they are willing to accept and those submitting the accepted offers will be notified by Game Used Universe by 8:00 pm PST on Wednesday, June 23rd.

Among other things, Steiner Sports’ team partnership inventory includes items from the following teams:

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
6. Syracuse Orangemen
7. Alabama Crimson Tide

Regarding accepted offers, please note that all standard shipping and handling fees will apply when items are shipped.

All offers must be submitted via email to sales@gameuseduniverse.com before 8:00 pm PST on Sunday, June 20th. Please note that if offers for the same amount on a specific item are submitted, the offer with the earliest email time stamp will be submitted to Steiner Sports for consideration. Obviously, if there are no two exact same offers on the same item, the offer in the highest amount will be submitted. Therefore, it is suggested that you place offers of the highest amount you are willing to offer given there may be multiple offers on the same items. We also suggest you make your offers as early as possible in case your offer is in the same amount as another member.

We are excited to make this offer available to Game Used Universe members and hope you have fun with it next week. We look forward to your participation and providing an additional means for our members to acquire quality sports memorabilia.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO – Game Used Universe

spartakid
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Chris, how do we go about receiving the list of items that are included in this "best offer" program? Thanks, Ricardo

ChrisCavalier
06-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Chris, how do we go about receiving the list of items that are included in this "best offer" program? Thanks, Ricardo
Hello Ricardo,

Thank you for your question. We will be providing more information, including what you requested in the quote above, when the program begins next week.

-Chris

yankees24
06-11-2010, 06:32 AM
this is great, thank you Chris! do you happen to know if items that are currently sold at Steiner Sports physical retail locations such as their store at the Roosevelt Mall and Last Licks Ice Cream will also be included in this offer? there is a Tino Martinez game used bat I believe was at one of these locations, but not on Steiner's website and was wondering if a best offer could be submitted for this as well? thank you!

ChrisCavalier
06-11-2010, 02:35 PM
this is great, thank you Chris! do you happen to know if items that are currently sold at Steiner Sports physical retail locations such as their store at the Roosevelt Mall and Last Licks Ice Cream will also be included in this offer? there is a Tino Martinez game used bat I believe was at one of these locations, but not on Steiner's website and was wondering if a best offer could be submitted for this as well? thank you!
I'm glad you are excited as we are about the upcoming program. We will be receiving a list from the Steiner people which will include all the items they are making available in the program that are not on their website. I understand the list is quite extensive so we will need to figure out the simplest way to disseminate the information.

-Chris

yankees24
06-11-2010, 03:38 PM
thank you Chris for the response, yes let's see how Steiner organizes the information first to get a better sense of how to distribute the information. thankfully mine should be a simple search as I am only looking for player specific items with Tino Martinez. have a great weekend!

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Please note the following modifications to the program:

Beginning now through 8:00 pm PST on Thursday, June 24th, Game Used Universe members can submit a ‘Best Offer’ for any team partnership item on the Steiner Sports website located at http://www.steinersports.com (http://www.steinersports.com/) or any team partnership item in the Steiner database. Regarding the latter, Steiner has provided GUU a list of all the items that will be included in the program that are not on their website and we will send that list to GUU members who requests the list from us. Given the number of items in the program, GUU will determine the HIGHEST offer for each item and present all the HIGHEST offers to Steiner Sports AT THE END OF EACH DAY for their consideration. Once the offers are submitted, Steiner Sports will inform us of the offers they are willing to accept and those submitting the accepted offers will be notified by Game Used Universe within the following 72 hours.

Among other things, Steiner Sports’ team partnership inventory includes items from the following teams:

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Chicago Cubs
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
6. Syracuse Orangemen
7. Alabama Crimson Tide

Regarding accepted offers, please note that all standard shipping and handling fees will apply when items are shipped.

ALL OFFERS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO sales@gameuseduniverse.com (sales@gameuseduniverse.com) AND MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:

1. Member Name
2. GUU User ID
3. Member Shipping Address
4. Member Phone Number

Please note that if offers for the same amount on a specific item are submitted, the offer with the earliest email time stamp will be submitted to Steiner Sports for consideration. Obviously, if there are no two exact same offers on the same item, the offer in the highest amount will be submitted. Therefore, it is suggested that you place offers of the highest amount you are willing to offer given there may be multiple offers on the same items. We also suggest you make your offers as early as possible in case your offer is in the same amount as another member.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

skinsfan0521
06-15-2010, 07:16 AM
I'm interested to see the list of other items, but your link you posted in the other announcement doesn't work.

Please let me know where I can get that list of supplemental items.

Thanks!

-Brian

ChrisCavalier
06-15-2010, 07:52 AM
I'm interested to see the list of other items, but your link you posted in the other announcement doesn't work.

Please let me know where I can get that list of supplemental items.

Thanks!

-Brian
Hello Brian,

Thank you for your post and sorry for the confusion. We were attempting to post the list on the site but it didn't work based on the software requirements. At this point, anyone interested in receiving a list will need to contact us by email at sales@gameuseduniverse.com.

Thanks again for your post,
Chris

yankees24
06-15-2010, 08:20 AM
thanks Chris, just sent you an e-mail request. will the list be in excel spreadsheet format?

ChrisCavalier
06-15-2010, 08:58 AM
thanks Chris, just sent you an e-mail request. will the list be in excel spreadsheet format?
Yes it will. I already sent you a copy.

Regards,
Chris

yankees24
06-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes it will. I already sent you a copy.

Regards,
Chris

thank you Chris, it's a very very fine selection of game used items indeed.

kellsox
06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Will offers be accepted/declined on a daily basis? With the items still being up for sale on the Steiner site, I would imagine that some may be sold before the official end of this sale.
k

ChrisCavalier
06-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Will offers be accepted/declined on a daily basis? With the items still being up for sale on the Steiner site, I would imagine that some may be sold before the official end of this sale.
k
As per the most recent post about the program and the email we sent out:

Given the number of items in the program, GUU will determine the HIGHEST offer for each item and present all the HIGHEST offers to Steiner Sports AT THE END OF EACH DAY for their consideration. Once the offers are submitted, Steiner Sports will inform us of the offers they are willing to accept and those submitting the accepted offers will be notified by Game Used Universe within the following 72 hours.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

-Chris

kellsox
06-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Have any offers been responded to?

ChrisCavalier
06-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Have any offers been responded to?
Yes, we have received feedback from Steiner and we will be sending out responses for all offers submitted to date by the end of the weekend.

-Chris

gingi79
06-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Chris,

Will there be counteroffers or flat refusal emails as well? Just want to know if I will use my available funds on my offer or go in another direction.

Matt

ChrisCavalier
06-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Chris,

Will there be counteroffers or flat refusal emails as well? Just want to know if I will use my available funds on my offer or go in another direction.

Matt
There will be accepted offers, counter offers and offers that were declined for reasons determined by Steiner (eg, the offer is lower than Steiner's cost, offer is simply too low to accept knowing there are other potential buyers, etc).

Please let me know if that answers your question.

Sincerely,
Chris

jgoldstein2000
06-19-2010, 10:21 PM
sent an email and never got a response... is it too late to send me the list?

Jeremy

ChrisCavalier
06-20-2010, 09:08 AM
sent an email and never got a response... is it too late to send me the list?

Jeremy
Hello Jeremy,

If you could do me a favor and please check the email address where you sent your request it would be appreciated. We have had 97 requests from members to send them a list and we have responded to all of them. I re-checked to see if we received any request from you and I could not find one. If you did send a request and we didn't get it, that would indicate an issue with us receiving emails and we will need to look into it. However, since we have responded to nearly 100 requests and no one else has added to your post, I am guessing there may have been a typo when you sent your email or something along those lines. Again, if you can check the address and let me know it would be appreciated.

In any event, as per your request, I just sent you the list to the email address you used when registering on the site.

Sincerely,
Chris

pjbmd
06-20-2010, 09:43 AM
i too have sent offers using 2 different computers
i'm not sure that you have gotten them
at the very least at least i have until the 24th to resubmit those offers, correct?
pjb

ChrisCavalier
06-20-2010, 10:00 AM
i too have sent offers using 2 different computers
i'm not sure that you have gotten them
at the very least at least i have until the 24th to resubmit those offers, correct?
pjb
Yes. However, we are targeting getting back to everyone by tomorrow morning with responses to all offers to date. If you have not seen a reply by tomorrow evening, please shoot me an email at chris@gameuseduniverse.com and I will look into it for you.

Best Regards,
Chris

dcgreg25
06-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I received a call from Chris this morning and he is having issues with his internet service provider. He is working with them to address the situation and restore his service. He asked me to relay his apologies for the issue and will get back to everyone as soon as possible.

ChrisCavalier
06-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I received a call from Chris this morning and he is having issues with his internet service provider. He is working with them to address the situation and restore his service. He asked me to relay his apologies for the issue and will get back to everyone as soon as possible.
Thanks for posting this for me Greg. Fortunately, after quite a bit of work, the technicians have been able to restore our email and internet service. Notably, since the technical problems centered around our internet service provider, this was not a situation that affect the site, etc. With that said, we have begun contacting people about their offers and should be able to inform everyone of Steiner's responses by tomorrow morning.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely,
Chris

kellsox
06-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Amy update on Steiner's responses- I haven't heard anything yet.
k

ChrisCavalier
06-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Amy update on Steiner's responses- I haven't heard anything yet.
k
We have had a lot of offers and we are in the middle of responding to everyone. You should be getting a response soon if you haven't already.

-Chris

wildcats97champs
06-26-2010, 09:36 AM
ifou got a counter offer and your willing to take it how to you pay for the it? i have sent you a few emails but i'm not sure if you got them due to your computer problems. please advise