X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justinbittner220
    • Apr 2010

Jason Heyward Spring training Jerseys

Hey guys,
    There was a Spring Training jersey of Jason Heyward's from 2010, on ebay a few days ago, and I missed out on it. Here are two links from a guy that has a 2008 and 2009 Braves Heyward Spring Training jersey. Any opinions? I usually have a stipulation about not buying from people that aren't in the U.S. He's in PR. However, he does have good feedback and has sold other Braves game used jerseys. Also, they supposedly have Braves authentification. Does anyone have anything authenticated from the Braves that can verify the paperwork?

Please email me
    justinbittner220@hotmail.com
  • ziggy
    • Oct 2007

Re: Jason Heyward Spring training Jerseys

How much did the 2010 go for?

Comment

• jetersbatboy
      • Jun 2008

The LOA's look like the ones I have seen in the past. I had a couple of bats from this year that had those type of LOA's.

Comment

• justinbittner220
        • Apr 2010

The buy it now was 700 or 750. Why do you ask?

Comment

• justinbittner220
          • Apr 2010

Is there a way that I could verify that Heyward wore those numbers? I believe that he was 71 this year.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
            • Jun 2008

2009 #77
            2008 #24
            Attached Files

Comment

• justinbittner220
              • Apr 2010

Would that make the 2008, that is number 83, not right? What about the numbers that he wore for Danville, Gwinnett, Rome, or Mississippi?

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                • Jun 2008

I think #39 with Danvillie, and #32 with rome. I could be wrong!

Comment

• justinbittner220
                  • Apr 2010

32 sounds right for one of the two...
                  Thanks for the help.

Comment

• ziggy
                    • Oct 2007

That #24 is a minor league jersey in picture as the Atlanta braves have not worn USA flag on back since post 9/11 at the end of 2001 season

Comment

• justinbittner220
                      • Apr 2010

that's a very good point...

Comment

• justinbittner220
                        • Apr 2010

any other opinions on these?

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2009

Right now, there are two of Heyward's Myrtle Beach Pelicans gamers with team LOAs on eBay. Both saw their final use in 2009, as evidenced by the DC memoriam patch on the jerseys (Bruce Dal Canton, Pelicans pitching coach, d. 10-7-2008).

Dave Miedema

Comment

• H2R-JU10
                            • Feb 2010

The reason that the 2008 Jason Heyward's game used jersey has the DC memoriam patch is that this jersey was also used in 2009 by another player. The Pelicans recently sold their jerseys though an auction. Here is an article about it.

Thursday, Mar. 04, 2010
                            Area briefs: Pelicans offer old jersey styles on online auction
                            MYRTLE BEACH -- The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are auctioning off three different jersey varieties from the last three seasons online at MyrtleBeachPelicans.com beginning next week. Home, alternate, and batting practice tops of Pelicans of the past and hopeful Atlanta Braves of the future will be up for bid.
                            Bidding will open at 8 a.m. March 8 on the Pelicans' sleeveless white home tops on the team's Web site. Among the home jerseys to be auctioned off is the No. 47 version once donned by four-time Major League All-Star Brian McCann in his rehabilitation appearance in Myrtle Beach last April 28 and 29. The home jersey auction will conclude on at 6 p.m. March 14.
                            From 8 a.m. March 15 to 6 p.m. March 21 the club will auction its alternate Pelican Blue jerseys. The No. 47 alternate jersey worn by 300-game winner Tom Glavine in his 2008 rehab stint in Myrtle Beach will be available.
                            Lastly, practice jerseys will be up for bid from 8 a.m. March 22 through 6 p.m. March 28. Batting practice tops worn by 2009 Carolina League All-Stars Jason Heyward and Cody Johnson along with highly touted first base prospect Freddie Freeman will be included in the final week of the auction.
                            Each jersey auctioned on MyrtleBeachPelicans.com will be accompanied by a list of the players who wore the top and the years they wore it on the item description page. The winning bidder may choose which player's nameplate will be attached to the back of the jersey. For example, the No. 34 jersey was worn by Heyward, Ernesto Mejia, and Eric Campbell. The winning bidder may pick among those three to be sewn onto the No. 34 jersey.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/03/04/1348834/pelicans-offer-old-jersey-styles.html#ixzz0s1FrkyiO

Comment

• dougiedshow
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2009

I purchased the Freddie Freeman jersey in that auction. The Heyward jerseys from ebay look just like the ones the Pelicans sold on their site and the COA matches mine. I want to say the Heyward originally brought about $1500 from the Pelican's website auction. After winning the jersey, you had to tell the team which nameplate to reattach. They used the same jerseys for several seasons and a few players had shared the jerseys. So while Heyward may or may not have worn the jersey with a DC patch, it was later added and still attached.

Comment

Working...