PDA

View Full Version : Photo Match Dwight Evans BP jersey

mdube16
06-13-2010, 12:02 AM
I am very excited as I just picked this up today. It comes with a letter from Dewey stating it is from his personal collection and it is signed "pre-game" and shows lots of use, so Im not concerned about authenticity. The tagging as per older forum posts put it from the mid to late 80s.
The card pictured is a 1987 topps woolworth. The real match comes from the V neck point of the shirt. The top 3 of the "mesh" dots on the jersey are white as the double stitching of the V neck underneath of it show through. There are also a few other spots up on the V right side with the same thing. All of these can be seen on the card pictured when magnified. Less perfect is the lineup of the mesh over the O and the X in SOX. They appear to match up in pattern and location, but since he is twisting in the photo you cant say its perfect. For the photo I took of the jersey with the O and X I put a white background to make it easier to see. The V neck doesnt have anything behind it.
What do you guys think? Photo match?

sox83cubs84
06-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Impressive acquisition! You just don't see a lot of pre-2000 Red Sox MLB BPs up for sale/auction.

Dave M.
Chicago area

Mulligans
06-13-2010, 05:51 PM
I could be wrong, but it looks like the mesh holes inside of the "O" in Sox are off a bit?

mdube16
06-13-2010, 08:24 PM
I cant really make those out in the picture. Even what I can make out is hard because as you move in a jersey, they stretch and distort. Any other thoughts? That V is spot on, even the wavey shape of the V seems to line up perfectly.

Jags Fan Dan
06-14-2010, 07:15 AM
My eyes may be goofing with me, but I think I might see that little loose red thread along the bottom right on the neck also!

Jags Fan Dan
06-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Right here: