Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RRexpressfan94
    • Jan 2010

Fathers Day Game Used Question

for some reason i am having trouble remembering, but does MLB do anything special for fathers day like they do for mothers day? Ex. pink bats, pink sweatbands, ets. thanks!
  • jscott0688
    • May 2010

Re: Game used question...

"On Father's Day, all on-field personnel -- players, managers, coaches, trainers, umpires and groundskeepers -- will wear blue wristbands and blue-ribbon uniform decals symbolizing prostate-cancer awareness. The blue-ribbon logo will also appear on the dugout lineup cards, which will be blue"

Link

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Re: Fathers Day Game Used Question

Bases will include the blue MLB Father's Day Jewel and the line-up card will be blue in color.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• BradleyERyon
        • Feb 2010

Here are some pics from last year. In addition to blue wristbands, they're wearing a blue ribbon on the chest of the jersey just above the letter "r" in Baltimore. It's hard to see but you can notice it in the Luke Scott pic.

Comment

• BULBUS
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BradleyERyon
          It's hard to see but you can notice it in the Luke Scott pic.

Very hard to see
          Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
          sigpic
          donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• RRexpressfan94
            • Jan 2010

the pictures are not appearing for me, are the blue ribbons like a patch? are are they removable? what i am saying is, are they jerseys specially made for fathers day, or do they just like safety pin them on there?

Comment

• Fnazxc0114
              • Aug 2007

rr, something to look for, when i bought my andrus jersey i saw it had a team reapir which i thought was odd since they go through so many jerseys these days. It just so happens that jersey was worn on fathers day. It might give you something to look for as far as g/u is concerned.
              Baseball do what it do
              -Ron Washington

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                Banned
                • Oct 2009

They should auction such jerseys. I don't know if anyone noticed but it looks like the pink bat auction is over except for the reauctioning of the ones noone bid on the last time they were offered this year was subpar as many scrub bats were offered but only a handful of stars I was very disappointed.

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                  • May 2009

I believe the patches can be removed as few are auctioned off so I would believe that many teams just recycle the jerseys like what they do with the other equipment like jackets for the occasion as many times I have seen jackets with both ribbons on them way past both occasions, sometimes even carrying over to the next season.

Comment

• nickacs
                    • Apr 2009

Sorry to bump an old thread, but thought my question could pertain here instead of creating a new thread

I've been looking at a couple Yankee Father's Day jerseys and spoke to a Steiner rep that said some have the ribbon and some don't.
                    Does anyone know why?? Did they all have them on the jersey on gameday, but like someone said above, it can be removed, so maybe it fell off or they were removed?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by LastingsMilledge85
                      I believe the patches can be removed as few are auctioned off so I would believe that many teams just recycle the jerseys like what they do with the other equipment like jackets for the occasion as many times I have seen jackets with both ribbons on them way past both occasions, sometimes even carrying over to the next season.

That's funny...you don't LOOK like Lastings Milledge..

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...