PDA

View Full Version : is Tex having problems handling NY?

Fnazxc0114
06-18-2010, 01:30 AM
I guess he cant handle the big bucks hes getting paid. A lot of the rangers players were glad to see him leave. I guess since he got his money he probably doesnt care. You would think he would be doing better in a park where pop ups are home runs.

cjclong
06-18-2010, 07:58 AM
If he had problems handling New York you would have thought they would have showed up last year. He has a good year after the slow start he always has last year. Didn't have that great a playoff and World Series, but did get a few big hit in the playoffs including a walk off home run. So I'd put mechanics of his swing ahead of not handling New York. I wasn't aware that a lot of Rangers players disliked him. Michael Young still has nice things to say about him.

legaleagle92481
06-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Tex has always been overrated he is a complimentary star rather than a true superstar, best player on the team type like a Pujols and he does not deserve the contract he has. I would rate him only the sixth best first baseman in baseball after Pujols, Ryan Howard, Morneau, Fielder and Adrian Gonzalez.

He is tremendously streaky do you guys remember a few years ago when he had a miserable first half then the first game after the all star break hit three home runs? New York has nothing to do with it. He is a laid back guy not type to care about press clippings or booing and he is a family man so it is not like he spends his nights taking in the nightlife, which is why alot of guys have New York adjustment issues. His teams before coming to New York never really went anywhere except for his cameo with the Angels I don't believe he had ever played in playoffs before despite having guys like Michael Young, Arod and Chipper as teamates. He will end up with his usual 30 homer 100 rbi year and gold glove just don't expect him to carry the team for a long streach..

cjclong
06-18-2010, 01:56 PM
In some ways I would agree with you that he is a very good player and not a super star.I'm not sure I would rank him that far down the list of first basemen, but that is a matter of opinion. I don't think the fact that he played with ARod and Michael Young and didn't go to the playoffs is a reflection on him. Remember, that was with the Rangers who at that time scored a ton of runs but didn't win games because their horrible pitching gave up even more. He did play on a World Series winning team with the Yankees last year, and his contributions did help them get there.

STLHAMMER32
06-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Tex has always been overrated he is a complimentary star rather than a true superstar, best player on the team type like a Pujols and he does not deserve the contract he has. I would rate him only the sixth best first baseman in baseball after Pujols, Ryan Howard, Morneau, Fielder and Adrian Gonzalez.

He is tremendously streaky do you guys remember a few years ago when he had a miserable first half then the first game after the all star break hit three home runs? New York has nothing to do with it. He is a laid back guy not type to care about press clippings or booing and he is a family man so it is not like he spends his nights taking in the nightlife, which is why alot of guys have New York adjustment issues. His teams before coming to New York never really went anywhere except for his cameo with the Angels I don't believe he had ever played in playoffs before despite having guys like Michael Young, Arod and Chipper as teamates. He will end up with his usual 30 homer 100 rbi year and gold glove just don't expect him to carry the team for a long streach..

This is a perfect summary for Tex, couldn't have said it any better.

gingi79
06-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Tex is a second half player. If I root for a team in need of a superstar for half a season, I trade from him at the All Star Break and know he's going to be the MVP.

That isn't a dis, he's on the perfect team for his talents. A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, Posada, Granderson, etc pick up for him during the first half, he ends with a decent average, hr total, rbi total etc, 5 WS titles, TaDa! he becomes a HOF