X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Who is better Kobe or Lebron?

After the Lakers latest championship Kobe can now fill up an entire hand with championship rings. He actually wins games in June while Lebron just talks about doing so. There is nothing he has not accompolished so I am going with him and it is not even close. The more I watch it the more I am convinced Lebron will resign with the Cavs for three years, pick his coach and some teamates and then go through this drama again in three years.
  • yankees24
    • Aug 2008

Re: Who is better Kobe or Lebron?

LeBron should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Kobe in terms of greatness. Kobe and Jordan debate would be good.

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

The debate by next year is who is better Kobe or Jordan. Don't even bring up Lebron until he has 3 championships.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
        • Sep 2009

If we are talking about who has been the most successful its Kobe obviously...but keep in mind Lebron is young and is not apart of one of the best franchises in all of sports Like Kobe. Lebron came in and resurrected Cleveland almost immediately.

If you want to discuss who is the better basketball player it's important to look at each aspect of the game....Lebron is a triple double threat every single night.

Lebron is a better passer than Kobe, he is compared to Magic in this regard and has unbelievable court vision.

Lebron is a better rebounder, he crashes the boards with much more force than Kobe and can out up 10+ rebounds every night.

Lebron is becoming one of the best shot blockers in the league.....no fast break is safe anymore, he is faster than Kobe and has blocked countless layups and dunks coming from behind.

Scoring wise.....Lebron is among the top every year and has really worked on his perimeter game. Lebron takes the ball to the rim better than anyone in the league also but Kobe is the man you want taking the last shot.

Kobe's team can survive without him, we saw that throughout the year...when Lebron leaves the Cavs they are nearly hopeless.

Kobe has more rings adding his 5th last night but he has also had a tremendous supporting cast around him. The league has NEVER seen a player like Lebron, the size and skills could match up well with Magic but Magic did not have the ability to do many of the things Lebron is capable of.....Kobe is modeled after MJ, his game is much like Jordan's so we have seen something like his game before.....MJ is the teacher and Kobe is the student, he has done a great job but Jordan changed the game the way no one else has.....their games are similar but there impact on the game is not even close.....when you think of basketball you think of Michael Jordan.

Comment

• 3arod13
          • Apr 2006

Can't compare Kobe and LeBron at this time. LeBron needs more time, and a few rings.
          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

MJ!!

Dave M.
            Chicago area

Comment

• flota89
              • Jul 2009

If I were picking one or two for my NBA team (if I liked NBA), I would go with Lebron. Like said in earlier posts, he takes his team from horrible to good. Kobe already has a good team.
              Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
              flotaboys@hotmail.com

Comment

• gorilla777
                • Aug 2009

This is not even a contest (at this point) - Kobe has the results that count.

Comment

• jetersbatboy
                  • Jun 2008

You can't be the King, if you ain't got no RING!!

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by jetersbatboy
                    You can't be the King, if you ain't got no RING!!
                    Does that say "Bling"?
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gorilla777
                      This is not even a contest (at this point) - Kobe has the results that count.
                      Well if thats the case then Robert Horry is better than both of them! 7 rings.....How do you judge how good a player is...to me its every aspect of the game. Rebounding, defense, passing, scoring...

Is Kobe a better rebounder....no.
                      Is kobe a better passer...no
                      Is kobe better defensively....no
                      Is kobe a better scorer...possibly

Kobe is a clutch player and one hell of a basketball player....but to me the ring argument does not make much sense....was bill cartwright better than Karl malone or John paxson better than John Stockton? My point is that rings don't necessarily mean you are a better player its just means you are very fortunate and in a position to win one. Kobe has been very fortunate with a successful franchise with a history of winning while Lebron entered Franchise that was a basement team....now he single handedly has rejuvenated the team....

If you put Lebron on the Lakers this year they still win a title, if you put Kobe on the Cavs they still lose....anyone think differently.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by STLHAMMER32
                        Well if thats the case then Robert Horry is better than both of them! 7 rings.....How do you judge how good a player is...to me its every aspect of the game. Rebounding, defense, passing, scoring...

Kobe is a clutch player and one hell of a basketball player....but to me the ring argument does not make much sense....was bill cartwright better than Karl malone or John paxson better than John Stockton? My point is that rings don't necessarily mean you are a better player its just means you are very fortunate and in a position to win one. Kobe has been very fortunate with a successful franchise with a history of winning while Lebron entered Franchise that was a basement team....now he single handedly has rejuvenated the team....

If you put Lebron on the Lakers this year they still win a title, if you put Kobe on the Cavs they still lose....anyone think differently.
                        Your argument misses the point that Kobe unlike Horry, Paxton or Cartwright was a driving force behind the Championships he has won from day one of the season until the final game of the Finals. Even when Shaq was a Laker in his prime Kobe was still a huge reason that the team won.

Wilt Chamberlain was stats wise the best player in NBA history even better than Jordan but most people rank him below Jordan, Bill Russell and one or two other players on the list of all time great players because his teams failed so often in the postseason and often to Russell who had a far, far superior supporting cast and the greatest coach ever behind him. This is even more increadible when you consider that Wilt still managed to win two rings.

In the NBA very, very few alltime greats have not won a ring and they suffer for it when it comes to ranking them the same way NFL QBS do. I watched Marino and Elway their entire careers Marino was a much better QB especially stat wise but yet Elway is ranked higher by almost every expert because he won the big game.

Lebron has failed to get it done under pressure in the postseason time and time again especially this year. He is not exactely alone out there either Jamison, Williams and Shaq are not exactely slouches. The Lakers guys other than Gasol are not even allstars. Odom, Artest and Fisher are nice complimentary players but they are far from stars.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by STLHAMMER32

One final point Lebron may be the most SKILLED player in the NBA and noone can really argue that but that does not make him the best he lacks that drive that makes Kobe Kobe. Kobe pursues the title every single year like he has never won before and has the work ethic of a fringe roster player.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                            Your argument misses the point that Kobe unlike Horry, Paxton or Cartwright was a driving force behind the Championships he has won from day one of the season until the final game of the Finals. Even when Shaq was a Laker in his prime Kobe was still a huge reason that the team won.

Wilt Chamberlain was stats wise the best player in NBA history even better than Jordan but most people rank him below Jordan, Bill Russell and one or two other players on the list of all time great players because his teams failed so often in the postseason and often to Russell who had a far, far superior supporting cast and the greatest coach ever behind him. This is even more increadible when you consider that Wilt still managed to win two rings.

In the NBA very, very few alltime greats have not won a ring and they suffer for it when it comes to ranking them the same way NFL QBS do. I watched Marino and Elway their entire careers Marino was a much better QB especially stat wise but yet Elway is ranked higher by almost every expert because he won the big game.

Lebron has failed to get it done under pressure in the postseason time and time again especially this year. He is not exactely alone out there either Jamison, Williams and Shaq are not exactely slouches. The Lakers guys other than Gasol are not even allstars. Odom, Artest and Fisher are nice complimentary players but they are far from stars.
                            Kobe has won 5 nba titles and for 3 of the 5 was not the most valuable player to his team....hence he only has 2 Finals MVP awards.

As far as support, Gasol was incredible this year and the reason for the back to back championships. The Lakers can't win a game win Kobe takes over 25 shots, the stats prove that.

Again, my question is would the Lakers have lost if they had Lebron?

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                              One final point Lebron may be the most SKILLED player in the NBA and noone can really argue that but that does not make him the best he lacks that drive that makes Kobe Kobe. Kobe pursues the title every single year like he has never won before and has the work ethic of a fringe roster player.
                              I think Lebron is better in nearly every category and the stats back that up but at this point Kobe does have the better drive your are correct about that for sure. I mean you can't go wrong with either player. My point is that Kobe is winning championships because of the situation. If you trade Lebron straight up for Kobe it would be hard to say Lebron wouldn't have the 5 rings right now. Lebron has many many years to catch up too lets not forget.

Comment

Working...