Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gameused
    • Nov 2005

1958 Elston Howard All-Star Game Bat

Just thought I would post this link to a Elston Howard All-Star bat listed on ebay.

I checked the baseball almanac website and its written that Howard did not have an at bat in the 1958 All-star game.

• ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: 1958 Elston Howard All-Star Game Bat

Quick research shows that Howard was named to the team that season although it just appears that he didn't play in the game. He still would have been issued a bat however.

Comment

• yanks12025
      • Jan 2006

So far the bat is up passed a $1,000. I would think that if he did not have an at-bat the bat would go cheap.

Comment

• BULBUS
        • Nov 2005

Elston was named to the All-Star team, but he did not play. Click on the following link and scroll down:

Baseball Almanac researches the 1958 All-Star Game and includes a complete set of rosters and a box scores!

I'm not sure why he didnt play, perhaps he was injured, but it is still a nice rare bat that is worth at least the $1000 plus that it is bid up to. Dave Bushing is the current high bidder. I think that says a lot about the bat.
        Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
        sigpic
        donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• JimCaravello
          • Jan 1970

Auction ended at $1,469 with top three bidders being dealers - Zane Burns, Dave Bushing and Scott Goodman - in that order..........jim

Comment

Working...