PDA

View Full Version : Bat Authentication

intheminors
06-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Guys,

I have toyed with the idea of getting my Alex Rodriguez, Pudge Rodriguez and Carlos Beltran bats authenticated. Who do you suggest and why? Is there anything I should ask for when getting them authenticated? What amount would I be looking at spending to authenticate each player (none of the above bats are signed)?

Thanks.

Kyle

STLHAMMER32
06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Kyle,

My advice would be to save your money. If it is for your own peace of mind use this forum as a tool to have your bat "authenticated". There are some extremely knowledgeable collectors on here that could help you determine if your bat has the appropriate characteristics of a gamer or not. All an authenticator will do is take a look at your bat and try and determine if it shows the correct characteristics that are consistent with that particular player as well as correct model, etc... The authenticators can only offer an opinion and do not usually have any more knowledge of a player's characteristics then some of the folks on this site that have experienced, owned and researched a particular player characteristics.

In some cases having your bat "authenticated" by a known authenticator could help sell the bat for collectors who don't know what to look for and simply trust the sheet of paper that comes with the bat. However In most cases collectors who are familiar with a particular players bats and know what to look for could care less if it has a coa with the item.

So, in my opinion you should save the money it would cost to have it authenticated..put that money into a nice bat or collectable you've wanted instead!

spartanservitto
06-28-2010, 04:16 PM
I couldn't agree more.

I have gained more knowledge on Albert Pujols bats because of the people on this forum that I actually feel more comfortable going on my own instinct rather than someone independent.

Someone on here will be able to verify the model number, as well as the characteristics. There are people on here that even know the hand writing consistency on knobs of bats.

Why risk something happening to your item when you can do your own research. However, if you were I would go with Taube and Malta at PSA/DNA. But I totally agree with the independent rout.

-Tony