PDA

View Full Version : Reebok EDGE or Reebok Premier Jersey ?? :s

ashleymurphy08
07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey,

I am buying a Hockey jersey online, and there are two types of jerseys, reebok edge and reebok premier. I dont know what the diffrence is , all i know is the edge is more expensive lol, here is what the website says:

This Reebok® EDGE hockey jersey replicates the player worn Pro-cut jersey in fabric, trim and team design. It's made of double knit polyester and has four-way stretch mesh, which provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back areas. The jersey is designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill graphics.

Reebok® Premier jersey is the perfect way to support your favorite team! It's made of polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation. The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey, and your personalized name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves.

So what one is more like the actually jersey the players use? Which one is more authentic ?

gingi79
07-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Hey,

I am buying a Hockey jersey online, and there are two types of jerseys, reebok edge and reebok premier. I dont know what the diffrence is , all i know is the edge is more expensive lol, here is what the website says:

This Reebok® EDGE hockey jersey replicates the player worn Pro-cut jersey in fabric, trim and team design. It's made of double knit polyester and has four-way stretch mesh, which provides a balance of ventilation and range of motion in the underarm and back areas. The jersey is designed with a combination of direct embroidery and appliqué twill graphics.

Reebok® Premier jersey is the perfect way to support your favorite team! It's made of polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation. The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey, and your personalized name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves.

So what one is more like the actually jersey the players use? Which one is more authentic ?

Edge is the authentic one. Premier is the new replica.

Couple of things of note in the Premier listing "The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey" which I read to mean, it is a replica. Also, all of my game worn hockey jerseys are sewn name and number. Therefore, "name and number in single-layer, screen-printed twill are heat pressed onto the back and sleeves" is replica all the way.

This is how teams like the Islanders can take an order from a fan for a John Tavares jersey before the puck drops and he can pick it up at first intermission. I sure hope the technology has evolved as heat pressing has peeled on all my old football authentics from the early 90's

If you are looking for a non-name number or low popularity player, I would suggest contact Barry at www.MeiGray.com (http://www.meigray.com/) He runs MeiGray which is the company which markets almost half the NHL's teams game worn jerseys. Of course if he doesn't deal with your team, then nevermind.

Worth a look anyway.