PDA

View Full Version : ebay seller: krukcards

Sincityson
07-01-2010, 12:28 PM
I've noticed that the ebay user 'krukcards' over the past few months has been selling various jerseys listed as 'game used' when it's quite obvious they are game issued, particularity with the Jays jerseys he's listed.

Although most appear to be accurately stated as worn or issued, there have been several that for whatever reason are listed as game used.

There's a bunch of examples, this is one of the more obvious: http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390179508817

A case of an oversight, or fraudulent? Now, he's got what seems to be a good rep, so I hope this is a simple error/oversight when it comes to listing, however when determining game used vs. game issued, it should not be left up to simply guessing.

dcgreg25
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I noticed this some time ago with a Lance Johnson Cleveland Indians jersey they had listed as game used. Johnson signed with the Indians but never played a game. I emailed them pointing out the issue and they revised the item to game issued. The only problem is that they relished the item later as game used again when it did not sell as game issued. I would be very careful in evaluating their jerseys when considering a purchase.

sox83cubs84
07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
My own take on this is that Kruk Cards is not populated by jersey experts and/or authenticator, but rather a major card dealer that has branched out by purchasing leftovers from team sales and the like. The employees do their best to examine and identify the jerseys, but are limited in game-used equipment knowledge to get it right all the time.

I believe they're honest and reputable...just not as schooled on the nuances and identifications of some of their stock to the extent that most of us on the Forum are.

Dave Miedema

justinbittner220
07-01-2010, 02:26 PM
As far as cards go, I've always been treated right by them. I agree with the previous statement.

MarinersFan34
07-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I've bought jerseys from them before and have not had any problems but that is also because instead of just relying on what the title or description says I did my own research. Is the jersey correct in tagging, size, etc. what do the tags look like, does it look worn or not.

I don't care who the seller is.. any of the well respected sellers here, meigray, the team, it doesn't matter. In my mind if I haven't even looked into the item and just bought it because of some letter or coa, I've not done any due diligence.

Some wise hockey guy named Milt always says "Do your homework" (do your research!)

Lokee
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I've bought jerseys from them before and have not had any problems but that is also because instead of just relying on what the title or description says I did my own research. Is the jersey correct in tagging, size, etc. what do the tags look like, does it look worn or not.

I don't care who the seller is.. any of the well respected sellers here, meigray, the team, it doesn't matter. In my mind if I haven't even looked into the item and just bought it because of some letter or coa, I've not done any due diligence.

Some wise hockey guy named Milt always says "Do your homework" (do your research!)

Amen brutha !

Sincityson
07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
In the case of some jersey that are sold by krukcards as game used when the MLB authentication code printout is listed in the description as 'game issued' well that's just simple incompetence on the sellers behalf. A process that takes mere seconds to fix,yet oddly is overlooked.

Either way, if for any reason a jersey can't be determined to be game used, it should be stated. Again, that takes seconds to do. As mentioned above, self homework is usually the best option.