PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Colavito Glove

kudu
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know what year this glove is? Spalding professional model #42-322

b.heagy
07-01-2010, 04:36 PM
I could note find the 43-322 model but found a 42-321 model from 1962 if that helps. original price was $24.95.

momen55
07-01-2010, 04:39 PM
it looks like a 60's glove. sorry for not being specific. also, if you didn't or don't know, rocky was a righty.

kudu
07-01-2010, 11:32 PM
I kinda figured it was a store model, being that it was a lefty glove. So early 1960s would be a good guess?

cjclong
07-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I got a Colavito glove similar to the one in the picture in either 1961 or 1962 which I still have today, Although Colavito was a right handed outfielder there are pictures of left handed Sandy Koufax of all people wearing a Colavtio model glove and a recent auction had a left handed Colavtio glove that was worn by Koufax sell for a fair amount of money.

kudu
07-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Wow, $100G for that Koufax/Colavito glove. So the "Personal Model" was what the players used and the "professional model" was store bought?

cjclong
07-23-2010, 08:59 AM
There is a web site brucerodgers.com If you go to it there is all sorts of stuff about him and his family but if you go to the bottom there is a link to his site about baseball gloves. If you send him the information on your glove hie can tell you about it and its value. There is also a gentleman I purchased a Roger Maris glove from which would have been the same model Maris used in games. I also got information from him about my Rocky Colavtio glove. His name is Arthur Katsapis and if you google he may have a site you can find. He is a glove expert. This is the most information I can give as I don't give out emails without authorization, but if you are interested I think you may be able to contact both of them if you want info on your glove.

kudu
07-23-2010, 06:28 PM
There is a web site brucerodgers.com If you go to it there is all sorts of stuff about him and his family but if you go to the bottom there is a link to his site about baseball gloves. If you send him the information on your glove hie can tell you about it and its value. There is also a gentleman I purchased a Roger Maris glove from which would have been the same model Maris used in games. I also got information from him about my Rocky Colavtio glove. His name is Arthur Katsapis and if you google he may have a site you can find. He is a glove expert. This is the most information I can give as I don't give out emails without authorization, but if you are interested I think you may be able to contact both of them if you want info on your glove.

OK great. I will send Arthur an email and see what he says. Thanks for the info!