PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Lee/Hollywood Collectibles Memorabilia

who13
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey, it's a been awhile since I posted here - so much so that I don't even remember my original username - but I have been an avid reader of these forums. That said, I was just wondering if anyone knows of the relationship between Carlos Lee and Hollywood Collectibles Memorabilia.

I have never bought from Rich Altman and his Hollywood Collectibles Memorabilia company, but I did some background on it here in the forum archives, and pretty much everyone that commented said to make sure you do your homework on them with the specific player. Since I was unable to find anything on their relationship with Carlos Lee (All I know is that he once had an exclusive deal with ASI around 2005-2006ish), I'm wondering if anyone has any information on this.

The reason I ask is because there is a plethora of intriguing game-used Carlos Lee items from Hollywood Collectibles on eBay, that being three pairs of his 2007 batting gloves autographed (Which I photomatched on GettyImages), a 2007 game-used autographed glove (All of the pictures of him fielding in 2007 on GettyImages show him with a black glove; the glove on eBay is brown, but is inscribed "2007 game used" under his autograph, which he has done on his 2005 items that I have of his from ASI), and most interesting of all, his "game-used" 2007 All-Star jersey autographed. I would love some confirmation on that final item.

Anyone have any further information? I would greatly, greatly appreciate it. Thanks

suave1477
07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
I dont know the seller or his history.

But by looking at the auctions there are some weird things.

In his auctions he has it listed with 5 quantity each - red flag
The game used glove whether it was used that year or another year looks to be in absolute pristine condition. - red flag

If I were you I would contact the seller and see if he can send you more pics and ask why there is 5 quantity of each???

CampWest
07-02-2010, 07:07 PM
I dont know the seller or his history.

But by looking at the auctions there are some weird things.

In his auctions he has it listed with 5 quantity each - red flag
The game used glove whether it was used that year or another year looks to be in absolute pristine condition. - red flag

If I were you I would contact the seller and see if he can send you more pics and ask why there is 5 quantity of each???

The 5 quantity is a screw up, just like they call M9 bats "ash" they just got somebody making mistakes on their ebay listings. They had a bad template they kept starting from. I would call it an error, not a red flag in this case.

Rich is generally pretty good, he has a fairly good reputation, and he has contacts with a lot of athletes. Hollywood Collectibles does occasionally use the term "game used" a little liberally. Generally though if you take the time to ask questions you will get a fair and honest response.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him if I was comfortable with the item. But just like with any other seller, if you are not comfortable with the item, then don't buy it.

who13
07-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for your help, guys. Yeah, I noticed that in all of his listings, he has a "five quantity" option for every single item, but I think it's safe to chalk that up as just an eBay template error. I'll definitely get in touch with him about his Carlos Lee memorabilia, as that "game-used" autographed 2007 all-star jersey of Lee's would be a gem for anyone's collection - if it's appropriately verified.