PDA

View Full Version : Braves fans: Look and be amazed

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 12:25 AM
I believe I am the first collector to truly say that I own one of these. The pictures speak for itself!! And yes, it's MLB Authenticated :D

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5422/dsc00602yr.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/6177/dsc00612zx.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/5430/dsc00622l.jpg

lehmsbobby
07-05-2010, 12:27 AM
thats amazing kyle. How'd you get hooked up with that?

Manram
07-05-2010, 12:42 AM
I wonder how much that cost you?? :rolleyes:

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 12:49 AM
I won it in a silent auction today at Turner Field. I was the only bidder, and got it for the opening price of $450

Manram
07-05-2010, 01:34 AM
Game used or game issued???

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Game used or game issued???

Game used. Shows good use too.

pietraynor
07-05-2010, 07:33 AM
Nice item! I took a quick glance at some of the MLB authenticated numbers near this one & appears the Braves had several of the game used jerseys authenticated from their 6/28 5-0 win over the Washington Nats when Strasburg pitched. I wonder if this will be a trend w/ other teams as well--when Strasburg pitches, authenticate as much as possible for sale later. Jay.

karamaxjoe
07-05-2010, 08:24 AM
FLIP IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!

Unless Heyward goes to the Hall of Fame, his value is as high as it ever will be right now.

70to66
07-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Congrats Kyle!

lehmsbobby
07-05-2010, 09:52 AM
wow. were people not aware that the auction was going on, because that is such a steal i'd think you were bernie madoff.

Tedw9
07-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Wow, nice score Kyle!

I'm shocked no one else bid on it, you got a great price on one of the hottest rookies.

I gotta ask....is it for your collection or are you gonna flip it?

yankees24
07-05-2010, 10:10 AM
congrats kyle, hope you were able to photomatch from your personal collection!

Neal
07-05-2010, 10:14 AM
FLIP IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!

Unless Heyward goes to the Hall of Fame, his value is as high as it ever will be right now.

I disagree.

For $450, I would hold onto it unless I received an unreal offer. There are many non HOFers whose GU jersey value far exceeds $450.

Nice pickup, and I hpe he comes back soon - I need him on my fantasy team:D

ironmanfan
07-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow, nice score Kyle!

I'm shocked no one else bid on it, you got a great price on one of the hottest rookies.

The average fan who attends a Major League has no idea what the value of game used memorabilia is.....I'm sure the majority of the people who did happen to see it thought $450 was ridiculous....

Nice pickup, Kyle!

lakeerie92
07-05-2010, 10:52 AM
I hate that I even know it went for so cheap.

stretch
07-05-2010, 10:54 AM
What a steal!

I wish I attended the game.

Let us know if you photomatch it.

karamaxjoe
07-05-2010, 11:01 AM
I disagree.

For $450, I would hold onto it unless I received an unreal offer. There are many non HOFers whose GU jersey value far exceeds $450.

It's simple economics. Heyward is a mega hyped rookie that just made the All Star Team and Kyles jersey may be the only one in the hobby. I'm sure there's many well-healed clueless collectors that would throw big dollars at a jersey from Heyward. The longer you hold onto the jersey, the better the chances of the value dropping to what Kyle paid for it. There's also the chance that Heyward might start marketing every jersey he wears which will kill his value. Of course, Heyward could become the next Pujols or Jeter, but that's the risk you take.

Case in point. I had the option to buy a nice Gordon Beckham jersey last year, but passed since he was also a hyped rookie. This year Beckham is struggling to break the Mendoza line and his value has dropped. You just never know with this stuff.

Whatever Kyle does with the jersey, I'm sure he'll be happy with it. Finding those nice deals don't happen as much as they used to.

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys! And yes, I am VERY tempted to flip the jersey, but I do though want it for my collection. I'm just worried that it really will drop severely in value over the years. I'm going to start looking for photomatches today. I guess that will really depend if I sell it or not. I've already confirmed from some full-resolution images that it isn't his Opening Day jersey (wasn't really expecting it to though). But hopefully I'll find something

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 11:37 AM
The average fan who attends a Major League has no idea what the value of game used memorabilia is.....I'm sure the majority of the people who did happen to see it thought $450 was ridiculous....

Nice pickup, Kyle!

That's exactly right. All I saw were regular fans coming in and out of the room with all the memorabilia in it. Every item they had in the auction had either 1 bid or none.

justinbittner220
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm ready to buy...:) or trade:D
justinbittner220@hotmail.com

sportscrazy13
07-05-2010, 01:27 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: WOW!

Being a big Braves fan, I am completely jealous. Very Nice pick up Kyle!

sox83cubs84
07-05-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm glad it was you, Kyle, and notan auction house that got it.:D

Dave Miedema

geoff
07-05-2010, 02:23 PM
If it was me even though how Bad I would want to keep it.I would Flip it And make some Money And Buy something else you want And still have extra Money as well.Just my thoughts though on this.If you do keep it Kyle enjoy your Rookie Jersey.

Thanks
Geoff

ziggy
07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Time to sell.....You should be able to get $1500-$2000 if you sell now. I'm sure the braves will have a lot of heyward home jerseys made knowing they can sell them. What does a Chipper Jones gamer bring about $800....what are the odds that Heyward will be as good as Jones?

STLHAMMER32
07-05-2010, 03:08 PM
kyle,

This is a great find no matter what you decide to do!

I noticed some people saying it went cheap because fans at the games don't appreciate game used memorabilia....that may be the majority but I believe that there would be at least a handful of people at the game out of thousands that would have been interested in getting the jersey. I think many may not have known about it and others may have just figured as with most game used items at ballparks it was going to have too high of a price tag.

Obviously the safe play would be to flip it while the hype is high but one thing to consider is that many times collectors don't appreciate 'rookie' items until later in a players career when they unable to obtain them easily and they become more sought after. The premium for a 'rookie' authenticated Heyward jersey will be pretty incredible if he does play up to his abilities come a few years from now. With a rookie jersey especially with solid authentication, I think it is almost worth the gamble just to hang onto it for now and see how is career plays out. just my .02!

Congrats man, that had to feel good!

ziggy
07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Just a few years ago Jeff Francoeur was the next Mickey Mantle.....You could have sold his rookie jersey for $2000.. now you can pick one up for less less $350

STLHAMMER32
07-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Just a few years ago Jeff Francoeur was the next Mickey Mantle.....You could have sold his rookie jersey for $2000.. now you can pick one up for less less $350

Francoeur didn't have the talent or potential or the popularity of Heyward. Francouer wasn't selected to catch the opening day pitch from Hank Aaron because the Braves organization and his fellow teammates have an unbelievable amount of respect for him and his talent. Francoeur didn't proceed to hit a 476 ft hr is first major league swing and carry himself like a veteran before being able to even drink a beer. I think to compare him to Francouer is a bit of a stretch. Of course he could be a bust or get hurt, thats with anyone in any sport but I have never seen teammates praise a rookie outfielder like they have Heyward.

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Thank you everyone for your inputs and ideas to help me with my decision.

I've been conducting a lot of research all day today and I am able to figure out when Heyward wore this jersey, all because of the letter placement of "BRAVES". The piping that goes down the jersey goes through the "A" and "V" in "BRAVES" and it's not always sewn in the same spot on every jersey. I searched through photos and video of Heyward and the jersey I have is the only jersey he wore this year without any white space at the end of the "A", and the loop of the "V" touching in the same spot on the piping. Therefore, so far, I can conclude that Heyward wore this jersey on June 1st, 17th, 18th, & 19th. He hit his 11th homerun of the season on the 17th, so I'm excited that it's a homerun jersey.

Special thanks to pietraynor for looking up the hologram numbers close to the one on the Heyward jersey since that shows that it was most-likely collected from after the game Strasburg pitched on 6/28. He probably wore this jersey a few games in the dugout too when he injured his thumb.

This is probably a jersey I won't ever be able to get again, but I am though leaning more on selling it, and accepting the idea that I can be able to pay back what I paid, plus be able to add more to my collection, and still have a little money left over. A representative with the Atlanta Braves Foundation told me yesterday that it took a lot for them to get this Heyward jersey to add to their auction, and that they're holding on to his jerseys as tight as possible, so I'm surprised I could be the first to get one. I have no idea if the Braves will even be selling his jerseys when the huge game used jersey list gets sent out at the end of the year.

ziggy
07-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I would either sell it before the end of the season, or hold on to it for the long haul. I am sure once the season is over the braves will be selling the Heyward jerseys......they will be probably be asking $2000-$2500 each for them but they will be out there.

kylehess10
07-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I would either sell it before the end of the season, or hold on to it for the long haul. I am sure once the season is over the braves will be selling the Heyward jerseys......they will be probably be asking $2000-$2500 each for them but they will be out there.

If I sell it, it will be this week. His All-Star selection makes him even a bit more desired right now when it comes to his equipment. Plus I have yet to see any of his jerseys hit the market (even his Jackie Robinson Day & blue throwback jerseys), so I know that right now is probably my best time to sell.

lakeerie92
07-05-2010, 05:16 PM
It truly was a one time only deal too. The people who run the Braves Foundation Auction and the people who run the Game Used merchandise are two separate entities within the Braves organization.(I dealt with this before with an issue with an item I bought at the auction.) If they had a hard time getting a Heyward jersey before it will be about impossible after they just sold the one they got for only $450.

To touch on STLHAMMER32's comments on Jeff Francouer. He not only had the talent,(29 HR, 103 RBI in first full season.),potential,(22 years of age and a first round pick of the Braves.)and popularity,(I still see at least 20 Francouer shirts every game I go to) His situation mirrors Jason Heyward very closely.

STLHAMMER32
07-05-2010, 05:27 PM
It truly was a one time only deal too. The people who run the Braves Foundation Auction and the people who run the Game Used merchandise are two separate entities within the Braves organization.(I dealt with this before with an issue with an item I bought at the auction.) If they had a hard time getting a Heyward jersey before it will be about impossible after they just sold the one they got for only $450.

To touch on STLHAMMER32's comments on Jeff Francouer. He not only had the talent,(29 HR, 103 RBI in first full season.),potential,(22 years of age and a first round pick of the Braves.)and popularity,(I still see at least 20 Francouer shirts every game I go to) His situation mirrors Jason Heyward very closely.

By talent I mean the type that gets the attention and respect from hall of famers and current teammates. Everyone that has seen him hit in bp and watched him develop walk away stunned at his ability. Francouer is a nice player that came in guns blazing. I know he was popular among braves fans and a fan favorite but thats not what I mean by popularity....I am talking about Rookie year starting outfielder type popularity. Heyward is very very popular all over. Francouer's mlb debut was not nearly as anticipated by teammates and the media like Heywards was. To me the popularity level and interest isn't very close.

STLHAMMER32
07-05-2010, 05:48 PM
By talent I mean the type that gets the attention and respect from hall of famers and current teammates. Everyone that has seen him hit in bp and watched him develop walk away stunned at his ability. Francouer is a nice player that came in guns blazing. I know he was popular among braves fans and a fan favorite but thats not what I mean by popularity....I am talking about Rookie year starting outfielder type popularity. Heyward is very very popular all over. Francouer's mlb debut was not nearly as anticipated by teammates and the media like Heywards was. To me the popularity level and interest isn't very close.

Meant Rookie ALL STAR GAME starting outfielder, sorry!

gingi79
07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Not to hijack this thread (and if you want to sell it Kyle, add me to the people who are interested) but Hammer, I beg to differ. When Frenchie came up, the hype was ridiculous. How about his Sports Illustrated cover? The Natural? How can anyone be this good?

Is Heyward a better player and looks to have a really nice career in front of him? Sure. But Frenchie was supposed to be as good. Perhaps people talk more outside of Atlanta about Heyward but if you followed the Braves, it is eerie how similar the hype machine sounds for 2010 Heyward and 2006 Francoeur

STLHAMMER32
07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Not to hijack this thread (and if you want to sell it Kyle, add me to the people who are interested) but Hammer, I beg to differ. When Frenchie came up, the hype was ridiculous. How about his Sports Illustrated cover? The Natural? How can anyone be this good?

Is Heyward a better player and looks to have a really nice career in front of him? Sure. But Frenchie was supposed to be as good. Perhaps people talk more outside of Atlanta about Heyward but if you followed the Braves, it is eerie how similar the hype machine sounds for 2010 Heyward and 2006 Francoeur

Haha, point well taken with the Sports Illustrated cover! I remember how hot he was and I still think he is talented (unbelievable arm).... I just meant from a standpoint of Hall of famers giving him praise, teammates showing him respect as a rookie its pretty crazy. The biggest difference that I see is the huge fan base outside of Atlanta.

Personally, I never bought into the hype of Francouer as a hitter and I see so much in Heyward so I guess my own bias is clouding my view of things!

allstarsplus
07-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I won it in a silent auction today at Turner Field. I was the only bidder, and got it for the opening price of $450

Very nice pickup. I can never get that lucky!

nickacs
07-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Congrats Kyle! Man, if I would've known there was an auction, I would've gone down too... Oh wells.. Hopefully, next time :)

I say keep it for now bro! Whatever you do, best of luck

justinbittner220
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm still interested if you want to sell or trade...

kylehess10
07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm still currently learning more on selling the jersey, and I am trying to think of a proper pricetag for it. I will be e-mailing those who inquired about the jersey first, so the first person who asked about it will have the first chance to buy it, just to be fair. I've got about 10 collectors interested as of now, and will be e-mailing them in that order once I have a price set. I don't want to overprice it, yet at the same time I don't want to get under what I could be getting for it.

otismalibu
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't want to overprice it, yet at the same time I don't want to get under what I could be getting for it.

The only way it's overpriced is if you can't move it. Get everything you can and don't fall for the BS. It will most likely be back on the market shortly after you sell it, with a piece of paper that has the number 10 and word impeccable somewhere on the page. :)

gnishiyama
07-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Kyle,
You've done so much for your fellow members I would not hesitate to
ask them what you think you should get for it, especially
since you were kind enough to share how much you paid for it. Its obvious
to everyone that you got a bargain so how much you paid it for it
should have absolutely no bearing on your asking price. Don't let anyone
tell you otherwise. It would not be a stretch for us to help you get the
most money for it, of course within reason. It would be nice to see it go to
an actual fan rather see it bought and flipped a short time later.
Just my 2 cents.
Goh Nishiyama

yankees506
07-06-2010, 09:32 PM
KEEP THE JERSEY KYLE!!!!!!! In the long run will it matter if you cant get $450 for the jersey? I think the best part of collecting is seeing a player get a hit or do anything on the field and look at your item and say "man he once used that thing". Everyone here is being pessimistic, in thinking heyward wont live up to the hype. And to the comment that a chipper gamer go's for $800, that would be for a run of the mill gamer, how much would a chipper rookie jersey go for? A HUGE PREMIUM, Kyle its not like you spent 1000 or above for it, you got a steal. I collect the yankees and a ramiro pena gu jersey would cost me about $400, just to keep things in perspective. You got a deal, and keep you winnings, because if in ten years heyward is climbing up the Braves stats list you will kill yourself for selling it. And if he indeed turns out to be a bust, there are worst ways to spend $450......:cool:

Nnunnari
07-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Sell it, you can add some very nice HOF pieces (chipper, glavine, maddux)for what this jersey will fetch, these will sustain their value over time. Even if Heyward goes on to have a HOF career, his jerseys won't sell for much more than now, most likely less. Plus he can be traded somewhere in 3 yrs and you might not even like the guy any more.

flota89
07-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I agree with selling it also. Someone will pay a big amount for that jersey. Sell it to the highest offer and go get a Chipper jersey or something like that. Odds are, even as good as Heyward is right now, that he won't ever make the HOF.

STLHAMMER32
07-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Do what makes you happy man, everyone can sit back and tell you to do this or that with ease because they don't own it....yet at least;) Either way it probably won't be something you'll have to regret or be really happy about for quite awhile as Heywards career is just starting so do what makes you the most happy at this very moment. Good Luck with whatever you decide!

gingi79
07-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Kyle, you over paid. He's injured. His career is obviously over. Sell me your photomatched ROY and possible future HOF player jersey now for half what you paid and save face! (Or ignore my sarcasm and take some advice:)

Look bud, You have a pretty amazing shirt and considering Strasburg's stuff, it was a true steal. I mean a jersey worn in the dugout just sold for over $5,000 or over 12 times as much as your photomatched several game used Heyward.

Let's say he does become ROY. Lets say he has Chipper's career. Let's say he does anything special. A Rookie year jersey with MLB Authentication is gold Kyle. If you are selling it for the sake of all that is Holy, sell it to a Braves fan. Or for over $5000 or if it makes you happy.

Dammit man, do what you think is best! :D

STLHAMMER32
07-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Here was a really cool article on Heyward and his reputation already with some huge figures in baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100707&content_id=12028310&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

kylehess10
07-07-2010, 03:47 PM
ahh...you guys are killing me :D

I still have the jersey, and it hasn't been sold. I'm just torn whether I should sell or keep. The only real reason why I would even want to sell it is because of money problems. I don't have a job, and really don't even want one. I'd rather wait to finish school to get a good career. I currently do photoshoots for friends, but I don't get paid as much as I'd like. So I'm not the richest guy on the block, and could really use the money. But on the other hand, I do want to expand my collection to more valuable gamers, and a Heyward jersey is the best I could have right now.

vdsporty25
07-07-2010, 04:22 PM
ahh...you guys are killing me :D

I still have the jersey, and it hasn't been sold. I'm just torn whether I should sell or keep. The only real reason why I would even want to sell it is because of money problems. I don't have a job, and really don't even want one. I'd rather wait to finish school to get a good career. I currently do photoshoots for friends, but I don't get paid as much as I'd like. So I'm not the richest guy on the block, and could really use the money. But on the other hand, I do want to expand my collection to more valuable gamers, and a Heyward jersey is the best I could have right now.

I would keep the jersey if I were in your spot...Heyward is going to be an absolute beast. He is only 20 years old and when he was healthy he displayed all of the attributes that created all of the hype. With that said you will never be able to get another Heyward gamer for $450....at any point in his career. Just my 2 cents....

b.heagy
07-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Put it on ebay. Put a modest reserve and sit back and relax, or let it ride and see where it takes you. Your photo match work in the past and present will pay off for you here. Congrats on a very nice hit.

MarinersFan34
07-07-2010, 04:54 PM
If it were mine, I'd keep it. While your financial situation isn't the greatest and you could use the extra cash, it might not have the same lasting effect of owning the jersey. Sure you could pay some bills buy some other items, more gu or lenses and not have to work for awhile longer. But I think that even later on the lasting value would be in saying you own one of his rookie year jerseys.

Even with the example of Strasburg, sure his gu prices are beyond stupid (imo), they will fall. The supply will only increase and while demand is pretty much always there, if it has some significance attached it'll keep it's value. In the end, those that bought this year can say they have a rookie year item. After that, 2nd and 3rd year items aren't big deals unless he breaks some major record. It's similar to baseball cards, rookies are more desirable and later years most often don't come close in value.

If you don't care about owning his rookie year jersey or his 4th year jersey, cash in while the market is hot and buy back in later when the prices have cooled off.

Again, if I were you I'd keep it and let it be another building block to an already awesome collection.

BergerKing22784
07-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Kyle I have to put my 2 cents into this.

As a fellow Braves fan you have got a great item in your hands and you got it for a great price. I would love to be in your situation and to have that in my hands. I think you need to keep it unless the offers are sooooooo crazy that its hard to pass up and in that case I'd make sure to keep a portion of that money that will basically pay for a new one as the market becomes more saturated and when one can be had for like $800-$900.

I am not sure what kind of of offers you are getting and I know your young but in the long run what is 2000-2500?

I think the enjoyment you will get out of this item far exceeds that small amount of money in the grand scheme of things.

As far as the people being negative nancys on his possibly being a bust and yadda yadda yadda look at it in terms of anything else people buy. Cars lose value, pretty much anything that isnt a collectible loses value over time so I think you have to treat it like an xbox 360 or something. When xbox 360 first came out I worked like 120 hours in 2 weeks to buy the damn thing and a few games for like $500 bucks. 6 years later you can buy it for $150 bucks. I got my $500 worth out of it and I think even if Heyward becomes a bust which I dont think he will by the time it reaches its "low value" your enjoyment will far exceed the $450 you paid for it. Worst case it will be worth $150-200 if he ends up being a bust. So you lose 250 bucks by the time that happens you wont miss it.

Its your jersey and your call but to me $2000 isnt enough to make me give away the best game used deal of the year.

If you do sell though Id suggest taking the $450 you spent and like 800-1000 more to replace it as the market becomes more saturated.

gingi79
07-07-2010, 09:31 PM
One more thing Kyle. The way I see it is you could cash in now for a HOF player and a lower end Heyward. If you did sell it for say $2500, you could buy a 2001 Chipper and his 2010 Spring Training jersey (both were on eBay for $1000 and $1200 respectively) and have $300 left for a top bat. (Sheffield or McGriff)

Three cool Top End gamers or your one Awesome Heyward. For me? Keep the Heyward. In the long term, I think a rookie regular season Jason Heyward will never sell for less than $500. Rarely can you say, "I purchased an item that will always be worth more than I paid"

paradoxx80
07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
That is a truly amazing pickup...

I'm a huge braves fan as well and I can tell you, that I would keep it..

Say for argument sake he ends up like Francour (doubtful), at the very least you could sell it for a minimum $450 a couple years down the road.

If he stays on course, you'll have a rookie jersey of the new cornerstone of the braves...

I say it's worth the wait...

treant985
07-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Whenever I get a nice item for a really low price, I always think that either I can keep it and have paid almost nothing for something awesome--or sell it and make a bunch of money.

BUT then when it comes time to sell, I don't want to part. It's like the fact that I got it for cheap makes it worth even more to me.

I went through it with my signed game-used Ripken bat (bought for $700), my Wieters jersey (bought for $500-$600 I think), and I'm going through it right now with my signed game-used Votto bat from his AA days (bought for $70).

I'd sell it and worst case is that you can buy another game-used Heyward (from later in his career--one that's not worth nearly as much $ in all likelihood) to replace it in a few years.

mdube16
07-11-2010, 03:05 PM
I would say put it on Ebay with a very high Buy it now (7k-10k) and a best offer option. You never know when someone might just bite. Put all your info with the photomatch ect.

Worst case it doesnt sell and you get 2k for it from a member here.

List it now!

kylehess10
07-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses and for your input for what I should do.

The Heyward jersey is still in my possession and I'll be holding onto it for now. The most I'll do is put it on eBay with a high buy it now w/best offer option to see what I could get for it as suggested by a few.

Even if Heyward is a bust, it is true that paying $450 would still put me in a better position than spending thousands like many others would. A Heyward rookie-year MLB authenticated 11th homerun jersey isn't something you find every day though so I believe I would regret it down the line if it sold.

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, I sold the Heyward jersey. I listed it on eBay for a high buy-it-now with the best offer option, and I received an unbelievable offer that I know I will never see again, so I accepted it. The person who bought it seems to be a big Braves collector, so I know it's going to a good home.

lehmsbobby
07-13-2010, 09:41 PM
congrats Kyle!

Do you want to disclose the price? You definitely don't have to

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 09:45 PM
congrats Kyle!

Do you want to disclose the price? You definitely don't have to

I don't mind at all. I was offered $3,500 for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Heyward-Game-Worn-2010-Atlanta-Braves-Home-Jersey-/250666146998?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5cdddcb6

lehmsbobby
07-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Great job throughout listening to everyone's opinions and making a thought out decision to sell for a great price to a great buyer it seems

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Great job throughout listening to everyone's opinions and making a thought out decision to sell for a great price to a great buyer it seems

Thank you. At first I was going to have an asking price of $2,000. But I still had the desire to keep it in my collection. But I thought the best option was the members suggestions of listing it high and listen to offers. It worked out great! Now I'm going to have to decide what I want to buy in return! I'm definitely going to put some of this money towards buying more stuff for my collection, then put the rest towards savings.

jetersbatboy
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
There is nothing wrong in making a $3k profit!!!! Congrats!!!!:D

slam
07-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Great deal Kyle! Even if at the end of the season the Braves sell his jersey at $2,500 you could still buy one and profit $500.

kylehess10
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Yea the price really excites me and I'm glad I have all this extra money. For those of you who are students and don't have a job, then you know that feeling when you get a lot of cash for yourself! :D I owed my mother another $500 along with the $450 for the Heyward jersey I borrowed, so even after paying her back for everything, paying eBay fees, & paying paypal fees, I still have well over 2 grand for myself which is great. I can get something for my self game used related, and just save the rest.

gameused
07-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Yea the price really excites me and I'm glad I have all this extra money. For those of you who are students and don't have a job, then you know that feeling when you get a lot of cash for yourself! :D I owed my mother another $500 along with the $450 for the Heyward jersey I borrowed, so even after paying her back for everything, paying eBay fees, & paying paypal fees, I still have well over 2 grand for myself which is great. I can get something for my self game used related, and just save the rest.

Kyle,

I'm glad you made a great profit on the Heyward jersey, you did a heck of a job on the eBay listing and that's a big reason it sold for that price. Keep us posted on what you pick up from the proceeds.

Regards, Bobby

Neely8
07-14-2010, 01:18 AM
Holy crap $3500 for that jersey?? Who is this kid supposed to be the next Willie Mays? I think you got all the money on that one and then some even IF he turns out to be a superstar. Congrats. on getting that much for it. You have money now to buy some bonafide HOFer jerseys and still probably have quite a bit leftover!

sox83cubs84
07-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Capitalism worked out well for you, Kyle...you're a good young guy, and I'm glad you have fared so well.

Dave Miedema

karamaxjoe
07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
NOW THAT'S A HALL OF FAME FLIP!! You made the right move Kyle. Even if Heyward has a great career, you can't beat that profit.

kylehess10
07-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks guys!

Bobby I did work pretty hard making a custom HTML for the auction so I do believe that also contributed to me making so much. Camera-phone pictures and basic descriptions won't cut it for me! :D

cjw
08-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Kyle, I am very late to this party, but gotta say....nicely done man! After all the help you offer on this site it is great to see you make a score. The listing was solid and the good luck in being the only bidder at the right time, was timely. I believe luck comes to those that position themselves to find it.

Really happy for you. Enjoy the opportunity to add to your collection, ay some debt and save too.

kylehess10
08-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Kyle, I am very late to this party, but gotta say....nicely done man! After all the help you offer on this site it is great to see you make a score. The listing was solid and the good luck in being the only bidder at the right time, was timely. I believe luck comes to those that position themselves to find it.

Really happy for you. Enjoy the opportunity to add to your collection, ay some debt and save too.

Thanks!

I've been using the money so far to just buy and resell stuff on eBay to make profits and basically make a small living while I'm still in school. I'm glad it all worked out for me since I can now add to my collection and enjoy my last few months in college while still earning some money, and not having to get a real job for awhile.

Dach0sen0ne
08-25-2010, 09:33 AM
That is a jersey I would love to own. Is there an issues with the MLB Holo on it?? Says Hologram ID LH602489 not found.

suave1477
08-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Kyle I am very Jealous and my hats off to ya. Congratulations!!:)

kylehess10
08-25-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks Jason!

Dach0sen0ne - The number just hasn't been put in the database yet. I'm not sure when they'll put it in though...it might take awhile. I already know though that it was only worn for 4 games.

allstarsplus
08-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't mind at all. I was offered $3,500 for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jason-Heyward-Game-Worn-2010-Atlanta-Braves-Home-Jersey-/250666146998?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5cdddcb6

That is an amazing profit for you on a Rookie who should be in the Top 3 in voting for R.O.Y. That seems to be the going price on a sure thing gamer as the rookie jerseys aren't abundant and collectors want the 1st year jerseys. I would figure $2,000 to $4,000 is a fair price and you came in at the top end.

Not sure if you are taking economic classes at your college, but you just learned some keys to economics, supply and demand, scarcity, and pricing into a rising market.

Congrats to you and with any luck you will find another!

kylehess10
08-25-2010, 02:18 PM
That is an amazing profit for you on a Rookie who should be in the Top 3 in voting for R.O.Y. That seems to be the going price on a sure thing gamer as the rookie jerseys aren't abundant and collectors want the 1st year jerseys. I would figure $2,000 to $4,000 is a fair price and you came in at the top end.

Not sure if you are taking economic classes at your college, but you just learned some keys to economics, supply and demand, scarcity, and pricing into a rising market.

Congrats to you and with any luck you will find another!

At first I was figuring I could make $2,000 on the jersey...and it was because of that why I wanted to hold onto the jersey, but I just wanted to see if I would be offered more and that $3,500 literally made my jaw drop so I basically had no choice but I certainly am happy with what I made off it and though I haven't taken economic classes, I've been buying and reselling on eBay for years to make money for myself so this one really worked out for me.

ziggy
06-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Great move selling that Heyward for $3500. What do you think you would get today $1000 ? I am sure the Braves probably made 15 sets of each style for him in 2011

kylehess10
06-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Great move selling that Heyward for $3500. What do you think you would get today $1000 ? I am sure the Braves probably made 15 sets of each style for him in 2011

I remember at the time when I was researching when Heyward wore the jersey, I concluded that it was his 4th of 5th jersey worn, and that was just up to July! So there's definitely a good 10 sets or so out there of 2010 Heyward jerseys, so I'm definitely glad I had made this flip last year.

I'd assume I'd probably get $1,500 - $2,000 if I sold it today.

stretch
06-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Congrats, Kyle.

I was curious about this thread and how much you had sold it for. I'm glad the poster brought it back to life.

ziggy
06-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Here is one $7500 OBO

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Jason-Heyward-Atlanta-Braves-Game-Used-Jersey-/290580364753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a7f07dd1#ht_2404wt_932

gnishiyama
06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Sorry to go a bit OT and if its a bother you can remove my post but
what is the deal with Heyward? I'm up here in NY so all I see are his
stats and that he's oft injured (chronic injury?) Is he considered a bust
considering the initial hype? I know he's young but the superstars and
future HOFers pretty much get it together by their second season
or at least show a glimpse of greatness. I was moving tons of his
signed stuff even in Japan where people succumbed to the hype.

Again this is coming from a curious sports fan who has never seen
Heyward plays besides Sportscenter highlights.

Thanks
Goh

freddiefreeman5
06-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Heyward is a great talent who is often nagged with little injuries.
If he can overcome his "Chipper Jones syndrom", as l like to call it, he should be a force in the National League for years.

lakeerie92
06-22-2011, 09:06 PM

Thanks
Goh

Just like it is hard to say if a player is a superstar in his rookie season, it is hard to say a player is a bust in his second season. I don't agree that most superstars get it together by their second season. If that were the case the term "sophomore slump" would have never been coined. Heyward for the most part has played well when not injured, but he has suffered some injuries. I wouldn't call them chronic injuries, he just plays hard. His injuries are really limited to two injuries for the most part, a thumb last year and his shoulder this year. It is still to early to tell, but he definitely make a difference when he is in the line up.

kylehess10
06-22-2011, 09:07 PM

Thanks
Goh

I'm from the Atlanta area as you know and Heyward was a 1st round draft pick and grew up in the area and was always watched by many. He was apart of East Cobb Baseball which is a great league that has brought out so many major league players and Heyward was watched by everyone through every step in the minor leagues and I believe his Opening Day homerun really set off the crazy hype over him. He's simply the fan favorite by everyone in the Atlanta area and it rubbed off onto other fans around the country. From seeing him play in person every week, I can tell he busts his ass every game and he's been like that since he was a little kid. He seems to always play his hardest and it has earned the respect of so many fans and players.

AutographAddiction
06-22-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm from the Atlanta area as you know and Heyward was a 1st round draft pick and grew up in the area and was always watched by many. He was apart of East Cobb Baseball which is a great league that has brought out so many major league players and Heyward was watched by everyone through every step in the minor leagues and I believe his Opening Day homerun really set off the crazy hype over him. He's simply the fan favorite by everyone in the Atlanta area and it rubbed off onto other fans around the country. From seeing him play in person every week, I can tell he busts his ass every game and he's been like that since he was a little kid. He seems to always play his hardest and it has earned the respect of so many fans and players.

+1

I am a life-long Braves fan and I've lived in NC all of my life. I maybe get down to Atlanta once every two or three seasons, but I have more commonly taken a summer trip to California when the Braves have their road trip in LA(usually 4 games) and then San Diego for a series(I LOVE Petco Park). So the three times I have done that I have seen more Braves baseball than I have at Turner Field in Atlanta.

With all of that aside, he's overrated. But that is only because the expectations(similar to bryce harpers') are realistically too high. The expectations of heyward being the next Hank Aaron are unfair. But I honestly think he has a solid shoot of being a Hall of Famer one day. I follow Braves baseball pretty closely and I can say that most of the hype is well-deserved of Heyward. J-Hey is a hell of a player and a hell of a guy, and he has caught the attention and gained the respect of Hall-of-Famers and current players alike.

I don't think his career will be like Jeff 'Frenchie' Franceours' has been so far. The Phenom expected to be the best ever and turns out to be one of the best on an alright team. I think Heyward will be an All-Star most every year, if not every year, of his career. I think unless something goes crazily wrong, he will be a Hall-of-Famer. Is he the "next Henry Hank Aaron"? No. That is unfair. Does he have the potential to be almost as great? Yes.

None of us know, but I think 80% of the hype is absolutely well-deserved.

And I understand why the hype was so over the top because man, oh man, did I get the craziest chills of my life when he homered at his first at bat. Such an incredible moment.

Go Braves and Go J-Hey!

gnishiyama
06-23-2011, 12:49 PM
I think Heyward will be an All-Star most every year, if not every year,
of his career. I think unless something goes crazily wrong, he will be a
Hall-of-Famer. I think unless something goes crazily wrong, he will be a
Hall-of-Famer.

Thats a bold statement my friend..LOL
I see now why all the hype down there in the ATL!

Anyway I've heard nothing but good things about his character
so good luck to him!

Goh

AutographAddiction
06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Thats a bold statement my friend..LOL
I see now why all the hype down there in the ATL!

Anyway I've heard nothing but good things about his character
so good luck to him!

Goh

Definitely meant to say unless something goes crazily wrong, he should be a contender*. Still a pretty bold statement, haha, I have high expectations for him and I'm letting my bias get the best of me. But I am really pulling for this guy. Hopefully I'm not eating my words in a few years!:p