PDA

View Full Version : Another type of Atlanta Braves tagging

ham1963
07-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I bought this 2005 game-used Red Alternate jersey from the Atlanta Braves check out the tagging.

bigtime59
07-17-2006, 08:01 PM
Based on the style of Foster's NOB, I'd be willing to wager that he was a late-season call-up, and that that would explain the tagging.

Mark Sutton
bigtime39@aol.com

angrymuppet
07-18-2006, 07:27 PM
The Atlanta Braves have all of their roster players shirts made up by Majestic, who also makes the arched letter nameplates and applies the strip tags.

The team keeps a set of "blanks" on hand for call ups and aquisitions. These are prepared in really short time by the team with block letters as exhibited. The poly tag is correct as it is 2005 style but no set is ordered to it. You will notice that if a player stays with the club, within a week or so they have moved the the normalized style.

Funny thing is that the Braves decided to drop the arched lettering this year to keep the uniform lettering consistent.

Hope this helps.

ham1963
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Majestic makes all the jersey for all MLB teams I just thought that this type of tagging was intresting and shows that sometimes if a team needs jersey then the team tends to make short cuts and not put all of the tagging on it. I think that this is true with the alternate jerseys like the Braves Sunday Red Alternate.
Thanks,
John